Charlie Telfer Signs for Dundee United

OzGers

I've seen him quite a bit. Tidy player who certainly has potential but Gallagher has invariably been the standout ahead of him.

I'm hoping Gallagher gets a bit of a regular appearance this season as going by the tail end of last season he looks very promising. That said I also get riled up when the youth come on, I praised Wilson, Wylde, Fleck, Hutton, Ness, Hemmings and the rest yet none are first team regulars for our club now

Yes, it's true. It's actual fucking shite, selling a young player with potential like him is bad enough but selling him to those cunts is fucking outrageous.

We're not selling him. He has been offered a new contract but wants to look elsewhere for options.

Regret it by not staying here in the reserves getting 8 minutes a season under Ally?

He'll play more times in the spfl than he did for us in the part time leagues

Although, he could've went on and made a whole host appearances for us next season. Macleod, Aird, McKay and Crawford have all had a good number of appearances (I think those 4 have over 200 apps combined).

What will he win at Rangers? He'd be lucky if he made it to the bench.

He made it to the bence a number of times this season and even played once. Thats what happen with youngsters, They make a few appearances, then a few more, then even more and then, if good enough, they become regular first team players. I think people forget Telfer is only 18 and hasn't particularly shown that much. As I said earlier of the 10 or so U20s games I've done this season (most of which I've been working on so have had to try view the game as impartially as possible) Gallagher has been the stand out.

He'll be behind Gauld, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven, Rankin, Paton, Gomis and possibly Petrie. He'll end up regretting it.

They will all be sold in the near future he will get a chance.

I was talking to another one of our signing targets who knows a few of the youngsters with us and he said they would all jump ship in a heartbeat. Says morale is low among the younger players with regards to getting chances and with the quality of player keeping them out.

They will all be sold in the near future he will get a chance.

I was talking to another one of our signing targets who knows a few of the youngsters with us and he said they would all jump ship in a heartbeat. Says morale is low among the younger players with regards to getting chances and with the quality of player keeping them out.

United have no need to sell like they did a few years ago.

But they will as they are playing in Scotland. Anyone comes in with 1m + for any of those players you mentioned then they are gone. Even less in some cases.

Iirc they already turned down offers of that sort of size for Gauld and Souttar.

Although, he could've went on and made a whole host appearances for us next season. Macleod, Aird, McKay and Crawford have all had a good number of appearances (I think those 4 have over 200 apps combined).

and look what happened to the 4 when we got a full transfer window under our belt

one shunted wide left

the other dropped from wide right to play a defensive mid out of position

other one turfed out on loan to a two bob shitey wee club who couldnt give a fuck about him

and the last one simply dropped and only played when we had absolutely nothing left

this happened the summer before a season in a part time league, given now that we are in a predominant full time league including hibs and hearts, our ability to try out our youth players is far less than the previous two seasons

most damning thing is that ian black will play every single game at centre mid if he is fit and not suspended, he could be in the worst form of his life and still not dropped, same for law, mcculloch and foster

Iirc they already turned down offers of that sort of size for Gauld and Souttar.

they arent in need of the money like previous due to them not owing the banks any money, their debt was bought out by local businessmen, but they wont want to go back into bank debt again and iirc from elsewhere they still need to pay back the local businessmen and part of the deal was a % of transfer fees

We have become a Dundee United feeder club FFS - a new low.

:lol: fuck sake. oneof our youth players reject what i assume is a better financial deal for the chance of first team football, and all of a sudden we are a utd feeder club :lol:

Looks like the Rangers management have been blind to another youngster with potential whilst the has beens such as Foster bleed the club dry.

Is telfer a right back likes?

If not then it is a redundant comparison.