Charlie Telfer Signs for Dundee United

OzGers

He's appeared in 31 games this season, despite missing 5 weeks with a broken foot.

that doesnt paint the whole picture, but i think you knew that

clark out of a possible 2790 minutes of football (31 appearances) played only 1648 minutes

jon daly played 44 games and out of a possible 3960 minutes, he played a magnificent 3903

clark out of a possible 2790 minutes of football (31 appearances) played only 1648 minutes

jon daly played 44 games and out of a possible 3960 minutes, he played a magnificent 3903

I wasn't saying he played more than Jon Daly. I was saying he was given a chance this season. A statement which I'll happily stand behind.

Ill be honest. , there's a Media agenda going on and on and on about this great thing Dundee Utd are doing.

They are making them out to be better than what they are!

Is it any coincidence that has been happening with Celtic and the media for years.

Telling us that Arsenalwanted Juarez and were quoting £10m

The same thing is now happening at united

These boys are good, but they are not great and not near this Hype PR machine that the media are portraying

We played them off the pitch in the cup, lucky for them we couldn't finish our dinner

Next yr it's going to get worse and worse and worse

dunno what cup game you seen, but we didnt "play them off the park" and considering that they were playing rangers at ibrox, the 17yo and the two 19 yo's in their defence seemed pretty comfortable for most of the game

mcculloch and moshni on the other hand looked out of their depth at times dealing with the energetic united youngsters

as for the media building up the united team, no wonder, maybe if we did the same then perhaps our youngsters would be worth something

instead we have people defending the club over telfer by saying he canny have been that good as ally watches the u20's all the time, ally couldnt spot a player if he came up and booted him in the arse

I wasn't saying he played more than Jon Daly. I was saying he was given a chance this season. A statement which I'll happily stand behind.

clark got an average of 53 minutes per appearance, pretty shite considering he's a young lad and needs game time to acclimatise to our team

when games were done at 3 or 4 nil, ally took clark off and left daly on, do you agree that was correct?

Daly scored 25, Clark 9, which sounds like a similar ratio of goals per minute. So what is the actual problem here?

dunno what cup game you seen, but we didnt "play them off the park" and considering that they were playing rangers at ibrox, the 17yo and the two 19 yo's in their defence seemed pretty comfortable for most of the game

mcculloch and moshni on the other hand looked out of their depth at times dealing with the energetic united youngsters

as for the media building up the united team, no wonder, maybe if we did the same then perhaps our youngsters would be worth something

instead we have people defending the club over telfer by saying he canny have been that good as ally watches the u20's all the time, ally couldnt spot a player if he came up and booted him in the arse

I remember it well as I was there, and we were by far the better side.

clark got an average of 53 minutes per appearance, pretty shite considering he's a young lad and needs game time to acclimatise to our team

when games were done at 3 or 4 nil, ally took clark off and left daly on, do you agree that was correct?

Clark was short of fitness most of the season. He was blowing out his arse after an hour. Would I have taken him off in all of those games? No. Would I have taken him off in some of them? Absolutely.

Being young doesn't entitle you to 90 minutes week-in-week-out.

I'm sure MacLeod, Aird and Clark will all be joining United next because no young players get a chance at Rangers.

Are you saying that the young players who played loads of games this season don't get a chance. Shouldn't you have picked ones that didn't play?

Edit: of course my sarcasm meter may be on the blink and I could have missed the point entirely.

Daly scored 25, Clark 9, which sounds like a similar ratio of goals per minute. So what is the actual problem here?

because we revolved our attacking style and forward play around an ageing striker that isnt good enough for when we go back to the top league, and used a hungry young lad who was last seasons top goalscorer in league 1 for QotS as a bit part player, even when games and the league were done

what benefit did we get from giving daly near 90 minutes every single game, will he become better?, will he become fitter? will he become more valuable

Clark was short of fitness most of the season. He was blowing out his arse after an hour. Would I have taken him off in all of those games? No. Would I have taken him off in some of them? Absolutely.

Being young doesn't entitle you to 90 minutes week-in-week-out.

but being old with dodgy knees does apparently, you say clark was blowing out of his arse after an hour, daly hasnt moved since january, infact i think the rugby 7's are in doubt because they canny move the flat footed lump of wood off the ibrox pitch

black said after the raith rovers shambles that he was tired he also played 3640 minutes last season, law went missing after November, he played 3704 minutes last season

i could go on, these guys arent even being subbed with 10 minutes to go for fresh young legs from the youth team, why do you think ally is incapable of doing something like giving the likes of telfer the last 10 minutes of every single game?

because we revolved our attacking style and forward play around an ageing striker that isnt good enough for when we go back to the top league, and used a hungry young lad who was last seasons top goalscorer in league 1 for QotS as a bit part player, even when games and the league were done

what benefit did we get from giving daly near 90 minutes every single game, will he become better?, will he become fitter? will he become more valuable

I think you may be overestimating Clark, and to be honest he was really struggling for fitness in the second half of the season when Daly needed a break.

It just tells me that the bar is higher at Rangers than it is at Dundee United, it remains to be seen whether Telfer justifies all this anger. I find it difficult to get all raging about someone I've barely seen play, especially after all the gnashing of teeth about Urquhart.

Afraid McCoist needs to take responsibility with this one.

Promised youth a chance and do e almost nothing but give one striker a few minutes, AR aside.

We keep asking ourselves questions on quality but our own are walking out on us.

Really think Ally needs a DOF because this isn't the first.

It just tells me that the bar is higher at Rangers than it is at Dundee United, it remains to be seen whether Telfer justifies all this anger. I find it difficult to get all raging about someone I've barely seen play, especially after all the gnashing of teeth about Urquhart.

Its about more than one player who may or may not be a future star. Its about the fact that far from being the leading club in Scottish football in youth football as Advocaat intended when he requested Auchinhowie to be built, we are now losing highly rated talent to Dundee Hivs because they have a more progressive outlook on coaching and youth players. That should be a real kick in the balls for us but people have grown so disillusioned that its just par for the course now.

If I was Telfer I would have looked at the example of Aird and MacLeod - and, to a lesser extent Crawford and Gallagher - and stuck around. Historically the rewards for breaking through at Rangers are infinitely richer than the rewards for breaking through at any other Scottish club, bar one.