9 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Maybe that's the case, or maybe you're being cynical. 

It's not unlikely that a man close to 70 years of age, after making millions and dedicating his life to medicine and treatment of heart disease is more concerned about people's health than making some extra cash. 

Hopefully his statement won't come true, as it would be a travesty that athletes lost their lives solely by not taking this one drug especially after all the research that's went into the decision to ban this particular drug.

They can apply for a therapeutic usage exemption if they have a medical need, it's not an issue.

12 hours ago, barrymorrison1 said:

It's fucking embarrassing..

2 lampposts in raonic and isner teaming up in the doubles.

andy and Colin should win, but what an embarrassing team.

How will the one duck low enough for the other to serve over him?

Wozniacki has won 20-odd titles, was world no. 1 and has reached 2 slam finals. She's leagues ahead of Dimitrov in achievements, even accounting for the fact she plays on the women's tour.

All the Baby Fed talk was laughable. If Federer is a Ferrari, Dimitrov is the guy who has the Ferrari jacket, Ferrari baseball cap and Ferrari keyring and drives a Fiesta.

shocker from Murray  - really really bad. He better get all this "I am missing my wife and kid" pish out his head. thats just not good enough. His team are pish as well. He has committed to an awful lot of tennis this year as well with the Davis cup and Olympics. He better start getting it together. 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

shocker from Murray  - really really bad. He better get all this "I am missing my wife and kid" pish out his head. thats just not good enough. His team are pish as well. He has committed to an awful lot of tennis this year as well with the Davis cup and Olympics. He better start getting it together. 

Yep, I'd like to see him forget the Davis cup - that's ticked of the list now. Sure it's an ego boost, a whooping crowd and lapping up the applause, but in tennis terms it is meaningless.
He will be 29 in a few months, and realistically only has a couple of years left to add another grand slam. 
Djokovic didn't let fatherhood stop him having the best spell of his career. Plenty of time for walks in the park in his 30s.

8 hours ago, Andy2020 said:

Yep, I'd like to see him forget the Davis cup - that's ticked of the list now. Sure it's an ego boost, a whooping crowd and lapping up the applause, but in tennis terms it is meaningless.
He will be 29 in a few months, and realistically only has a couple of years left to add another grand slam. 
Djokovic didn't let fatherhood stop him having the best spell of his career. Plenty of time for walks in the park in his 30s.

I think theres going to be a few results likek that this year as in some tourneys his focus is simply not their. I agree, the Davis cup is a nice sideshow, but he has done that single handed with nothing more to prove. maybe showing to much loyalty to leon Smith

• 2 weeks later...

Really excited to see how Thiem does the rest of the season. Probably just jinxed him a belter but think he's very well equipped to break into the top ten and stay there for a very long time.

Disappointed that Dimitrov has regressed but Thiem seems to be more head-strong and capable of pushing on.

Always have a bit of a doubt about Mens tennis and the drugs controversy coming to light with Sharapova (stupid bint but oh yes). The rapid improvements made by certain players just do not ring true, neither does the reason of diet change. Always get the feeling that Murray who is so anti drugs would just love to say a bit more sometimes. If they really get there act together I'd not be surprised if a lot of tennis players get caught over the next few years, including a big, big name.

Bit like Kelly Holmes, run of the mill athlete winning a few bronze and silver in Championships but then seems to totally revitalise her career for one season and then immediately retires.

Off to Wimbledon this year for Mens Quarter finals day at Centre Court. Wife has been a few times but I have to go with her this year as she normally goes with her mother but her mother is not able now. Actually hoping there is a slight rain delay so I could get to see Serena Williams before she retires as there wont be another like her for a long time.

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Always have a bit of a doubt about Mens tennis and the drugs controversy coming to light with Sharapova (stupid bint but oh yes). The rapid improvements made by certain players just do not ring true, neither does the reason of diet change. Always get the feeling that Murray who is so anti drugs would just love to say a bit more sometimes. If they really get there act together I'd not be surprised if a lot of tennis players get caught over the next few years, including a big, big name.

Bit like Kelly Holmes, run of the mill athlete winning a few bronze and silver in Championships but then seems to totally revitalise her career for one season and then immediately retires.

Off to Wimbledon this year for Mens Quarter finals day at Centre Court. Wife has been a few times but I have to go with her this year as she normally goes with her mother but her mother is not able now. Actually hoping there is a slight rain delay so I could get to see Serena Williams before she retires as there wont be another like her for a long time.

To be fair to Kelly Holmes, her 800m times in Sydnery when she won bronze only half a second off the time with which she won in Athens and her 1500 championship times did show steady progress over that time.