First time in his life Murray is now the odds on favourite to win a slam. 

Big pressure on him now. Novak out. Top seed in his half, Wawrinka,  out. Still some dangerous players in his half mind.  Kyrgios,  Del Potro, Tsonga,  etc. 

If he gets to the final it will likely be Raonic or Fed. 

Hope he can handle the pressure. He's in a no win situation really,  he loses people call him a choker. He wins and people will say he only won cause Novak wasn't there. 

57 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I hate Novak, I used to like him. But he's a prick. 

It's specifically his shit haircut that annoys me.

Take that Jamie. 

I read he gets a haircut either everyday or every 2nd day. :lol: 

Glad Djokovic out; he's a cunt. There always seems to be a big name exit early on in Wimbledon. Usually it's Nadal. 

Federer will never get a better chance to win that 8th title. Hope he does it. 

I don't think a prime Federer would ever have a dominant head to head over any of the rest of the big four, his throwback game is just too vulnerable to elite modern defensive counterpunchers to expect him to do to Djokovic or Murray what Nadal did to him, but some of the outstanding grand slam performances he has had post-prime against a prime Djokovic would suggest that even below his best he is a match for him.

I think if they were the same age their rivalry would have been incredible and Federer probably would have had the better of it.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

No he wouldn't. 

Lose one game whilst holding all four slams and suddenly it means Novak isn't that good, deary me...

A 20 year old Djokovic defeated a 25 year old Federer in a masters final. At the same age he defeated Federer on route to his first slam title in three sets. But aye, 'prime Federer' would have mopped the floor with him. :lol:

Put 2006 Fed against Novak on 2006 speed grass and Fed wins in 3.

Also,  Murray  beat Fed at 19 in a Masters, and was 6-2 against Federer in the H2H by the end of 2009.

So I'm not sure what your point is using 3 set matches to compare them. Best of 3 is a different beast to best of 5.

34 year old Fed beat prime Novak 4 times in BO3 last year. 

Also Federer was suffering from Mono (same disease that forced Soderling to retire) for the first half of 2008, which significantly effected his performance and was part of the reason Novak beat Fed in straights in that match. 

3 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I don't know if that's true but lack of warm weather means the courts this year were never going to be lightning quick.

Certainly efforts to slow Wimbledon down in recent years, us open have definitely slowed theirs down

19 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

Certainly efforts to slow Wimbledon down in recent years, us open have definitely slowed theirs down

Yep definitely, 2003 I think they changed the composition of the grass to make it less serve/volley friendly.

Tough matchup for Andy today, Kyrgios could take him out if he's not careful, and knowing the kind of player Kyrgios is, he loves the big occassion so he's not going to come out flat today, first set is key. Also grass helps Kyrgios' power game considerably more than clay, where he was a bit of a sitting duck against Andy in the French last year. Definitely not a straightforward task today, real possibility we could see another upset.

Also a note on Fed. Even if he wins today, he has a couple tough matches coming up. He should beat Johnson, but Nishikori/Cilic in the QF, then Raonic/Goffin in the semis all have the tools to cause Roger problems. Nishikori/Cilic and Raonic especially can give him a lot of trouble. Nishikori can turn it into a physical battle and grind him down, and Raonic can blast through him, as can Cilic.

1 hour ago, AyeReadyStu said:

Tough matchup for Andy today, Kyrgios could take him out if he's not careful, and knowing the kind of player Kyrgios is, he loves the big occassion so he's not going to come out flat today, first set is key. Also grass helps Kyrgios' power game considerably more than clay, where he was a bit of a sitting duck against Andy in the French last year. Definitely not a straightforward task today, real possibility we could see another upset.

Also a note on Fed. Even if he wins today, he has a couple tough matches coming up. He should beat Johnson, but Nishikori/Cilic in the QF, then Raonic/Goffin in the semis all have the tools to cause Roger problems. Nishikori/Cilic and Raonic especially can give him a lot of trouble. Nishikori can turn it into a physical battle and grind him down, and Raonic can blast through him, as can Cilic.

Kinda disagree with Kyrgios thing, yeah he's gonna potentially pose Andy some problems but like he does mostly  Andy will work out the serve and then it will be a matter of time from here.

Kyrgios needs to maintain a very high level of consistency on that serve to give him some quick and ease games today and not allow himself to be drawn into the long rallies. At present he hasn't matured well enough in my eyes to see a slugfest through against the top guys.

The extra days prep does of course give Andy an additional advantage today, good challenge for him but can't see past a 4 set win at the very worst today.

As for Federer, I'm not convinced that he's actually anywhere near fully fit at all.  He's definitely benefited from two lame opponents in the last couple of rounds, QF will be a massive challenge for him I think. 

Slightly..:005:here..I haven't seen it myself..But my Dad said he saw The Masters Golf Champion Danny Willett....Is sitting in the Centre Court with his Green Jacket on..!!...Is this true??..What a fucking walloper..I took a riddie when he told me..Surely Danny is at the wind up..??..

Oh goody gum drops..Big Serena is on next..Yum Yum.. :crywank:

4 hours ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

Kinda disagree with Kyrgios thing, yeah he's gonna potentially pose Andy some problems but like he does mostly  Andy will work out the serve and then it will be a matter of time from here.

Kyrgios needs to maintain a very high level of consistency on that serve to give him some quick and ease games today and not allow himself to be drawn into the long rallies. At present he hasn't matured well enough in my eyes to see a slugfest through against the top guys.

The extra days prep does of course give Andy an additional advantage today, good challenge for him but can't see past a 4 set win at the very worst today.

As for Federer, I'm not convinced that he's actually anywhere near fully fit at all.  He's definitely benefited from two lame opponents in the last couple of rounds, QF will be a massive challenge for him I think. 

Yeah I think Raonic is the man to get to the final from the top half. Although he's currently a set down to Goffin. 

Agree on Fed too. He can't be fully fit having had knee surgery, and back problems, and having only played 26 matches all year.

Just saw Danny Willett...He is indeed sitting with his Masters Green Jacket on..:dry:

Allow me another off topic post here..The wee pocket rocket Cibulkova from Slovakia showed off her sniffing skills this morning...She managed to sniff different tennis balls (blindfolded) and was able to identify correctly what Grand Slam venue they came from..Seems it's an OCD like talent she has..Good wee player as well..She could sniff my balls if she wanted..She is also due to get married this Saturday..might have to cancel if she makes the Final..

Big Serena took a hefty tumble there..