57 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Are the crowd fed up with Djokovic winning every year so they’re supporting the underdog? I get it but it’s cringey to listen to tbh, he’s the best for a reason. There’s a good chance the next time there’s a different winner of Wimbledon is when he retires. 

55 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I think it's pretty split, some are, some are excited about the prospect of Alcaraz. 

54 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

He’s never been a crowd favourite because he came up in the era of Federer and Nadal, the two most popular players ever. And he just never gained the same amount of love.

Or he's just an unlikeable cunt. He doesn't help himself. He was unlikeable even before he got good. I remember years ago when he was just another top 10 player and when things weren't going his way he would start feigning injury as if looking for excuses. I respect his ability and athleticism but TBH he's a bit of a cunt. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

That doesn't make sense mate. If Djokovic wins then it isn't. He also goes back to world number 1 if he does. 

I mean in the sense that Alcaraz is going to beat Djokovic before long, that his days of being the best aren't going to last for much longer. 

It was terrible wording from me, i blame a long day at work 🤣

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

I mean in the sense that Alcaraz is going to beat Djokovic before long, that his days of being the best aren't going to last for much longer. 

It was terrible wording from me, i blame a long day at work 🤣

Sorry mate. I know what you mean though. The sport has been mostly dominated by Federer, Nadal and Djokovic for a really long time and today I think in Alvarez were seeing the future of men's tennis. Not quite the end of an era for the big three I mentioned but not far away surely. 

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Are the crowd fed up with Djokovic winning every year so they’re supporting the underdog? I get it but it’s cringey to listen to tbh, he’s the best for a reason. There’s a good chance the next time there’s a different winner of Wimbledon is when he retires. 

The Wimbledon crowd always support the underdog, that's their thing.

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

The Wimbledon crowd always support the underdog, that's their thing.

Feel like the crowd support both players at various points in the match depending on what would produce the best drama. They were all chanting Djokovic's name earlier in the match.

I also think crowds don't like players being petty and whinging at umpires etc

Just now, Broxi said:

Feel like the crowd support both players at various points in the match depending on what would produce the best drama. They were all chanting Djokovic's name earlier in the match.

I also think crowds don't like players being petty and whinging at umpires etc

Yeah they change who they support based on who is losing :lol: