More signings coming soon

No we don't need Boyd!! He will only push Clarke and Gallagher further out the picture. Why are we obsessed with going back? How many goals did he score against the scum again last season ?

Utterly depressing how short sighted some of our fans are

What a fucking tragedy that would be; a Rangers youth with a difficult route to the first team. The likes of Barry Ferguson and Alan Hutton never had that, did they?

I'll put this out there - if we want to return to our former stature and competitiveness in the top flight, Nicky Clark and Callum Gallacher will no longer be here.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "going back". It has everything to do with improving our squad and Kris Boyd will do that, vastly.

You're a moron, mate. It's that simple. How many Old Firm goals did he score? How many titles did his goals play a huge part in? How many trophies did he win?

I know forums are the source of varying opinions, but this guy is at it.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree we need to improve but we can do that by adding improved quality to the first team and using our youngsters as backup players and giving them a chance to develop....as much as I don't think miller is the right type of signing the reality is he is by far and away our best striker now so I can live with that,

Hutchison would arguably be our best defender, not sure you could say the same about mcgregor....yes Boyd scores goals but like it or not we already have daly in that role so unless we want a high earning sub then we have to pick and choose where to spend our money....if we get scott Allan (assuming he comes with the right attitude), a pacy winger and Hutchison then I'd say we have improved our 1st team quite well.

There is nothing wrong with having another high earner, assuming it's within budget. As we progress through the league, our playing quality must improve and naturally, our wage budget also goes up.

Boyd will be good enough to lead the line in the SPL; Jon Daly won't. Daly was a progressive signing - improve each year. We are Rangers, we can't afford to throw youth in at the deep end or give an unknown time to settle. It's win or nothing.

What a fucking tragedy that would be; a Rangers youth with a difficult route to the first team. The likes of Barry Ferguson and Alan Hutton never had that, did they?

I'll put this out there - if we want to return to our former stature and competitiveness in the top flight, Nicky Clark and Callum Gallacher will no longer be here.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "going back". It has everything to do with improving our squad and Kris Boyd will do that, vastly.

You're a moron, mate. It's that simple. How many Old Firm goals did he score? How many titles did his goals play a huge part in? How many trophies did he win?

He won two titles in five seasons and from memory scored the grand total of one goal in old firm games.

A decent player who would do us a turn now sure enough but hardly a megastar worthy of your contemptuous dismissal of another bears opinion

And before you label me a moron yes I would take him back but can still see the other side of the argument

He won two titles in five seasons and from memory scored the grand total of one goal in old firm games.

A decent player who would do us a turn now sure enough but hardly a megastar worthy of your contemptuous dismissal of another bears opinion

And before you label me a moron yes I would take him back but can still see the other side of the argument

So, are you in agreement with his assessment that our signing policy moving forward should consider how difficult it will make it for youths like Gallacher to make it in the first team?

Nonsense and worthy of such dismissal.

So, are you in agreement with his assessment that our signing policy moving forward should consider how difficult it will make it for youths like Gallacher to make it in the first team?

Nonsense and worthy of such dismissal.

Our signing policy should aim for a mixture of youth and experience. There is a valid point to saying it would be better in the long term to bring through Clark and Gallagher if they are good enough.As a team we have long been reluctant to give youth a chance

Fair assessment, but it's only right to say that Boyd never started very many old firm games.

Fair assessment, but it's only right to say that Boyd never started very many old firm games.

Just as it is right to say there was a reason why he did not. Walter simply did not believe he. Was the man for the job. Maybe he was right maybe he was wrong,who knows

Just as it is right to say there was a reason why he did not. Walter simply did not believe he. Was the man for the job. Maybe he was right maybe he was wrong,who knows

The trophies we won in Walters second period say's he is correct, if Boyd couldn't play in a one up front game plan then don't play him. Simple.

How many games did you go to when Boydie was at his peak with us??

He has scored 1 career goal against the scum either with us or playing with Kilmarnock. His scoring record in England and America was poor.

I'm sorry but banging in pens or 2/3 against the Dunfermline's of this world at home doesn't make him a top striker in my book. Yes he scored a lot of goals for us but he was also found out against better defenders in more crucial games. You can't play him up top on his own either as he can't play up front by himself.

How the fuck do you know Gallagher and Clarke won't be there when we are back at the top? You think we can only ever win the league again with ex players?? Are you the fucking 'moron'? How old will Boyd be when we are back in the top flight? Do you think an even older, slower Kris Boyd will VASTLY improve us??

Of course BF and Hutton had a difficult route to the first team, ironically it was a foreign manager who helped the former and if it was left up to Walter he would have been shipped out. So who knows the long term potential of a Telfer, a Gallagher or Gasparutto? Barry Ferguson and Hutton were being kept out the side by a far higher calibre of players. Those days are gone now and until some of our fans realise the importance of developing and improving what we already have as opposed to being top heavy with bang average SPL dross with ZERO profit margins the better. Thanfully you are in a minority now.

We also wont win the league again with Law, Daly, Shiels, Black, Moshni, Perluta, Jig, Foster, Smith, Clabiri, a 36 year old Miller or a 34 year old Boyd either!!!

Gallacher is one of, if not thee best prospect we have coming through at the moment. Hopefully next season he features more as even though he looks to be carrying a bit weight he makes the runs and positions himself well.

Gallacher is one of, if not thee best prospect we have coming through at the moment. Hopefully next season he features more as even though he looks to be carrying a bit weight he makes the runs and positions himself well.

He's not an 30+ ex player mate..forget it he's no chance!!!

There is nothing wrong with having another high earner, assuming it's within budget. As we progress through the league, our playing quality must improve and naturally, our wage budget also goes up.

Boyd will be good enough to lead the line in the SPL; Jon Daly won't. Daly was a progressive signing - improve each year. We are Rangers, we can't afford to throw youth in at the deep end or give an unknown time to settle. It's win or nothing.

Unfortunately though everything you have said here highlights not only how we got into the mess we did but also how until attitudes change we will never move forward!

Fulham are looking to make some really good signings; Wallace, Hutchinson and McCormack.

Fulham were an ageing side so in many ways going down could be a blessing (especially with parachute payments) in disguise as they have 3 or 4 really promising young players and if they add a few strong signings they will come back much stronger.

daly a progressive signing?

daly signed a 2 year deal with an option for a third year, which means if he wants to, he can sit on his arse as second or third choice striker for the next two years sucking up his retirement fund from us

Nice positive thread.

Would you rather we were all dishonest?:)

We have a shite manager who signs shite players.

If a good player somehow slips through, he is quickly dragged down to the same rancid horse manure standard of the rest.

Of that, I'm positive (tu)

Would you rather we were all dishonest? :)

We have a shite manager who signs shite players.

If a good player somehow slips through, he is quickly dragged down to the same rancid horse manure standard of the rest.

Of that, I'm positive (tu)

No, I'd rather they exaggerate by taking everything to it's extreme - it makes people seem really reasonable.

We are Rangers, we can't afford to throw youth in at the deep end or give an unknown time to settle. It's win or nothing.

I'm watching the World Cup and seeing all these wonderful talented young players. Their Clubs showed faith in them, developed them, and now they're performing on the bigest stage of all.

Then I come on RangersMedia and read stuff like this. What's the mentality here? Is it, 'we're Rangers we don't do youth development even in the lower leagues coz we're above all that shite'. :anguish: