Darren McGregor Officially Signs - 1 Year Deal

Broxi1872

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

common sense especially with Miller and McGregor, would you rather Bain style 3\4 year deals for them?

I agree with Miller but McGregor is 28 years old! I read that McCoist wanted Telfer but offered him 18 months - he is a young Ranger who has gone to United for a real deal.

Well you certainly threw down some sunshine on this news. Give the guy a chance, fuck sake.

What, like McCoist did with a 1 year deal? If McCoist rated him, he would show it with a deal that saw him play for us in the SPL.

I agree with Miller but McGregor is 28 years old! I read that McCoist wanted Telfer but offered him 18 months - he is a young Ranger who has gone to United for a real deal.

I have no idea what Telfer was offered but i think his mind was made up before our rather desperate and very late attempt to keep him. Bolting the stable door after the horse had bolted so to speak.

I have no idea what Telfer was offered but i think his mind was made up before our rather desperate attempt to keep him. Bolting the stable door after the horse had bolted so to speak.

According to Telfer he wanted to stay, but he admitted his father was becoming anti-McCoist as he refused to play his lad. Another reason to blame McCoist!

I have a feeling a couple of good displays from him in pre-season & a lot of folk will be eating humble pie. Surely must be more mobile& quicker than Jig, and a better defender than Mohsni. How can this not be a good bit of business.

And if we win the league? What is the option for his second year? Is it in our favour or can he walk to a better team?

I like the lad and hope he can find his feet at Ibrox but the contracts being dished out are worrying me.

What, like McCoist did with a 1 year deal? If McCoist rated him, he would show it with a deal that saw him play for us in the SPL.

A. Ally McCoist doesn't negotiate player contracts.

B. It's 1 year with an option of another year.

C. We have been absolutely hammered by pay offs the last 5 years.

We sign players on long contracts and people criticise McCoist for being frivolous, we sign them on short contracts and people criticise him for lacking faith. It's fucking lunacy.

I mean, I'm just as annoyed as anyone that we turned down the opportunity to sign those eleven Scottish teenage prodigies on a free who had all the necessary attributes to win every league and cup competition on minimal wages while playing beautiful, attacking football and who also happened to own a collective property portfolio worth billions of pounds which they offered to donate to the club upon signing their contracts, but we've got to move on from it and be positive.

Good defender with pace and 35 games last season suggests his injury problems are behind him. I assume all those raging at us signing a SPFL defender for free expected us to shell out 40 million on Mats Hummels aye? We are where we are and the one year deal with a 1 year extension gives us the option to sign someone better if needs be or keep him.

we have a years option on him too.

id rather do this than sign him on a four year deal and find out he does not have what it takes to play for us.

this gives us a year to see what he can do, and see if we want to continue to employ him

this is much smarter business than handing out four and five year deals like they were sweeties.

A. Ally McCoist doesn't negotiate player contracts.

B. It's 1 year with an option of another year.

C. We have been absolutely hammered by pay offs the last 5 years.

So Telfer AND Ally are lying by saying ALLY offered Telfer an 18 month deal?

id rather do this than sign him on a four year deal and find out he does not have what it takes to play for us.

this gives us a year to see what he can do, and see if we want to continue to employ him

this is much smarter business than handing out four and five year deals like they were sweeties.

As I have said - what is the extra deal involving and who does it favour?

Be moaning just the same if it was a 3 year deal