***Rangers v Hibernian***

G.E.C.

Strange that we can so often win games by more than one goal and it appear comfortable on the scoreboard but the game itself has been nothing short of annoying as fuck

We will probably start well, get the first goal, sit back. Second half the other team comes out with the nothing to lose attitude and goes for it. Its the same all the time. We end up sitting back and never seem to just go for the jugular until we lose that equaliser and we are a completely different team. If we lose a goal when we are already 2-0 up its just as bad because the other team gets all that confidence and you think we are gonna blow a comfortable position and its normally chance after chance for the other team. The amount of games we've had like that the last 2 years have been unreal.

My mate went round to Ibrox during his lunch to pick up tickets, was queued out the door.

The majority were season ticket renewals also as they used the side door for those picking up tickets.

I'm sure tickets for tonights game will be bought right up to kick off and hopefully season ticket sales will continue to ramp up until the Hearts game!

Seen a vid of a Hibs pre season game, they played a nice passing game.

Yep, I heard the same but surely that will be up to us to close them down and gain possession. The only problem is that when we do, we don't seem to be be able to maintain it for very long due to our inability to play a controlled passing game ourselves.

However, as hope springs eternal,i'm just about to make the pilgrimage through from Edinburgh right now and hopefully i'll be returning with a big smile on my face later this evening.

Bring them on. :uk:

Yep, I heard the same but surely that will be up to us to close them down and gain possession. The only problem is that when we do, we don't seem to be be able to maintain it for very long due to our inability to play a controlled passing game ourselves.

However, as hope springs eternal,i'm just about to make the pilgrimage through from Edinburgh right now and hopefully i'll be returning with a big smile on my face later this evening.

Bring them on. :uk:

If you want to play that kind of high temp passing game you need players who are fit and mobile in key positions. If McCulloch plays either centre half or defensive midfield he ruins it. Even Black with Law in the middle we cannot sustain this because the basic skill level simply isn't there. We have other players like Crawford, Templeton and McLeod who i would argue could offer a far more fluid and technical midfield. And that's before we even look at the two players up front. Boyd and Miller never were good at holding the ball up or linking at pace with their midfield. Maybe Miller to a certain extent but never Boyd.

So he is likely to line up 4-4-2 but have Aird and McLeod out wide with Black and Law more central. Aird struggles to beat any defender without cutting inside and McLeod is simply not a winger.

Put McLeod in the middle where his energy, movement and eye for a pass can be put to better use. I would have Templeton playing in a front 3 with him having license to roam from left to right like Laudrup used to do to great effect.

I still struggle to see the need for Black when we have Law in the team.

I believe we have the basics of a decent squad and a good starting 11 but not while McCoist sees pragmatism and caution before attack and adventure.

My mate went round to Ibrox during his lunch to pick up tickets, was queued out the door.

The majority were season ticket renewals also as they used the side door for those picking up tickets.

I'm sure tickets for tonights game will be bought right up to kick off and hopefully season ticket sales will continue to ramp up until the Hearts game!

How do you know they were ST Renewals? They could have been there purchasing tickets for tonight, or hearts?

if i'm reading it right, they've only won 1 game: a 2-0 win over stirling albion. they have 2 draws at 0-0 with dunfermline/east fife. and they got pumped 4-0 by both vale of lethian/berwick rangers and were also defeated 1-0 by dundee united.

Rangers: 4 wins, 2 loss, 1 draw. (4 out of 7 games won, 5 out 7 undefeated)

Hibs: 1 win, 3 loss, 2 draw. (1 out of 6 games won. 3 out of 6 undefeated)

They a actually pumped Berwick Rangers 4-0 for what it's worth.

If you want to play that kind of high temp passing game you need players who are fit and mobile in key positions. If McCulloch plays either centre half or defensive midfield he ruins it. Even Black with Law in the middle we cannot sustain this because the basic skill level simply isn't there. We have other players like Crawford, Templeton and McLeod who i would argue could offer a far more fluid and technical midfield. And that's before we even look at the two players up front. Boyd and Miller never were good at holding the ball up or linking at pace with their midfield. Maybe Miller to a certain extent but never Boyd.

So he is likely to line up 4-4-2 but have Aird and McLeod out wide with Black and Law more central. Aird struggles to beat any defender without cutting inside and McLeod is simply not a winger.

Put McLeod in the middle where his energy, movement and eye for a pass can be put to better use. I would have Templeton playing in a front 3 with him having license to roam from left to right like Laudrup used to do to great effect.

I still struggle to see the need for Black when we have Law in the team.

I believe we have the basics of a decent squad and a good starting 11 but not while McCoist sees pragmatism and caution before attack and adventure.

I agree with what you have said other than Black.

I would play him as defensive midfield rather than Jig.

Another wee possibility would be to play Crawford at right back where his biggest asset, his pace might be put to better use.He played there in one of the pre-season friendlies and didn't look out of place.