I'm worried by how far we are behind Celtic

GOAT

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their clearout continues after tonight. It's brilliant listening to Tom English greeting on Radio Scotland just now. They'll be as pish as us come next season.

The demand for their "quality players" will be somewhat diminished, considering that the "big two" were part of the defence for that double humiliation.

Reduced demand means reduced fees for players whose keenness to depart these shores will have increased without CL appearances.

Them not making the CL could be a blessing. Saying that they didn't exactly spend big under Lennon when we were in the top flight. Signed plenty of players but didn't spend big transfer fee wise.

They spent about £13-14m under lennon in the 2 years we were in the top flight, another £14-15m in the 2 years we were out of it. Big money considering the state of Scottish football.

We have an inept manager. We have no scouting system in place. Our youth system leaves a lot to be desired.

Couldn't agree more. It's relatively obvious Celtic brought Deila in this season with the aim of getting to the CL group stages with minimal investment so they could hold back on the spending until next summer, when they are going to spend big as to increase the gap between us and them when we get back to the Premier League. Obviously that's gone pear-shaped now but they'll still have plenty to spend.

As for us we fucked up back in 2012, now we're still stuck with this 'jobs for the boys' culture that's been stuck here since Smith came back, with Ally bringing the likes of Boyd and Miller back on big wages no doubt and Ally himself on 400 grand a year.

We should have completely changed the backroom staff, got some quality youth coaches in, set up a scouting system etc. when we started from scratch and built a young team; instead we tried to cut corners and spend our way out, buying mediocre players on high wages, doing exactly the same thing that got us here in the first place, proving we haven't learned our lesson financially.

The wee Rodent No 1 will get no job offers and in a very short time he will be back at the only club that will touch the reptile.

Watch this space .It would be right up his street as he would just lap it up as if some messiah .

It's what I see happening .Hopefully Ronnie can do much more damage and sign 5/6 Norwegians .

They will be weaker in the coming weeks and months, they will lose the keeper, talk is of commons wanting to move back south....

I agree even with these departures they are stronger than us.

We are a shadow of our former self.

Lets look at our side, our better players are all ex hearts men, we used to pump them with Lafferty and co .... Cammy Bell in goal, decent keeper, but back in 2008 if we were linked with the Kilmarnock keeper, there would have been riots in the streets. It's like that throughout the side, we are bang on average, and most of the players have no idea what it takes to be a Ranger

They are getting worse but we still need investment in our squad to being it to a level where it could be anywhere close to challenging them over a 38 game season and right now I don't see where that investment is going to come from.

We need investment to get to the end of the season...let's not get carried away

As for us we fucked up back in 2012, now we're still stuck with this 'jobs for the boys' culture that's been stuck here since Smith came back, with Ally bringing the likes of Boyd and Miller back on big wages no doubt and Ally himself on 400 grand a week.

I know he's overpaid, but :sherlock:

As for us we fucked up back in 2012, now we're still stuck with this 'jobs for the boys' culture that's been stuck here since Smith came back, with Ally bringing the likes of Boyd and Miller back on big wages no doubt and Ally himself on 400 grand a week.

Fuck me. Its worse than I thought.

Ally is Smith (In his 2nd spell with the club).

Same tactics, same disappointing fitba.

The biggest difference between them is Smith had 20 million quid worth of talent to get him out of a hole when things got difficult.

If you want to change the manager, fine, but lets bring in someone with new coaching ideas and vision that will take the first team forward whilst inspiring our youth.

Ronny Delia may be a great example as to why we should keep McCoist, tipped as an upcoming young managerial superstar, with ''new coaching ideas and vision'' whilst incorporating ''youth''.

These things take time and investment and I don't see this happening at Rangers, I'd rather see us playing poor football and winning than one we're not capable of and losing.

Celtic will sell foster in goals and maybe Commons and VVD the dutch player thats them fucked

ony Stokes would be their best player after that and his poor most days. they got in this Berget from cardiff

who is pure shit.

Aye there that good theyll probably get right into the champions league...oh wait they didny.

Fuck sellick,theyll be that used to winning one horse races,they'll no know whits hit them when we get back.

Optimist Loyal.