*****The Official Loan Watch Thread*****

AlBear.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoney came on in the 86th minute for Stranraer as they lost an injury time goal in a 2-2 with Stenhousemuir.

Gasparotto played 90 mins for Airdrie in a 2-1 loss.

Crawford played 90 mins, picking up a yellow card, in a 3-1 loss to Brechin City.

McAusland played 90 mins for Brechin City and scored the second goal in a 3-1 win over Morton.

Gallagher played 90 mins for Cowdenbeath in a 0-0.

McKay started for Raith Rovers, in a 1-1 draw with Hibs. Substituted after 72 minutes.

Halkett started for Clyde, in a 3-0 win, but was substituted just before HT, injury.

Walsh not in squad.

All in all not a great day for the lads.

Updated 12/10

LOAN PLAYERS STATS

McKay (raith rovers) - 3(1) App.

Gallagher (cowdenbeath) - 4 App. 2 Goals. 1 Assist.

Crawford (morton) - 5 App. 1 Goal. 0 Assist. 1 YC.

Gasparotto (airdrie) - 4 App. 2 Goal. 0 Assist. 0 CS.

Stoney (stranraer) - 1(4) App. 0 Goal. 1 Assist.

Walsh (stenhousemuir) - 1 App.

Halkett (clyde) - 4 App. 0 CS.

McAusland (Brechin) - 2(1) App. 1 Goal. 0 Assist. 0 CS.

It really pains me to say it but he's never going to make it here.

Yet some on here spunk all over him. His potential is unlimited but his attitude and work rate is going to leave him as just another could have been.

What is with the lack of appearances for Walsh?

He is in a lower league and I remember him being talked up before he went out on loan.

Had a niggling injury at the start of his loan spell. Currently with Scotland U19's. Was an injury time sub today.

Yet some on here spunk all over him. His potential is unlimited but his attitude and work rate is going to leave him as just another could have been.

Watched him Friday and was so disappointed.

Remember watching him at Ibrox 2012-13 season and whenever he got the ball you felt the whole stadium lean forward in anticipation.

He is just so lazy off the ball. Wanders about aimlessly until the ball is 10 yards away.

Will gave a good career at spfl prem level but unless he puts more work in he will massively fail to reach his potential.

Stoney has been lively. First touch ran between the defenders to cut back a through ball for a shot on target. Winning an attacking freekick in injury time. He's barely stopped running. Playing as the main striker in a mostly 4-4-1-1. Going into ET.

Stoney with a chance to grab a goal. Defender misjudged the bounce of a long ball letting Danny run in behind. Cuts back setting up a shot, saved, before following up the rebound and forcing the GK to palm it for a corner. 1-1 Second half of ET.

Excellent work from Stoney, has helped Stranraer back into the game after Livingston equalised. Has created 5 clear cut goal scoring chances. 1 shot on target. Looks fit, quick and eager to do well.

Penalties...see if he fancies it.

Gallagher had another good performance for Cowdenbeath in a 3-2 win setting up the second goal and scoring the third. Substituted off at 89 minutes, to a rousing ovation. I assume. :D

Crawford substituted after 77 minutes. Quiet game for the wee man.

Gasparotto played 90 minutes. Solid enough in a 1-1 against Peterhead.

Walsh played 90 minutes. Looked to have a very busy game culminating with him scoring the fourth goal in a 4-0 win for Stenhousemuir.

Stoney came on as a 67th minute substitute in a 2-1 win for Stranraer.

Halkett and McAusland were not in the match day squads for Clyde and Brechin respectively. I believe due to injury.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7889-loan-watch

gt2014915p01_craw_v01.jpg1413970347357232748.jpg

Robbie Crawford brushed off a minor dust up with former Celtic youngster Paul Slane in this past weekend’s match. Things got heated in Ayr United’s match with Morton when Slane kicked out at Crawford after losing possession & then went nose-to-nose with the Rangers loanee.

Crawford told the Greenock Telegraph, “Yeah, he booted me & he was getting in my face afterwards too but I wasn’t paying any attention.”

“I know he was saying something but I just ignored him to focus on the game. I’m not interested in getting involved with stuff like that. If you get wound up and focus on an opposition player you’re not doing your job properly.”

“We shook hands after the game and forgot about it.”

Tom Walsh scored his first goal for Stenhousemuir in their demolition of Stirling Albion. You can see the strike beginning at the 2:09 mark.

Word is that Stenny’s management team is very, very pleased with Walsh’s addition to their side & that they couldn’t believe their good fortune in securing his services.

Walsh on twitter; "Some result and great feeling to get my first senior goal, on to the next one!"

Luca Gasparotto will lead Airdrie against the aforementioned Stirling Albion side that are still looking for a manager after Greig McDonald resigned this week. Colin Paterson, of The Daily Record, reports that Airdieonians will be shorthanded as well.

Six first team players are all expected to miss the match due to injury & Gasparotto is currently the only healthy center-back in the squad.

http://therangersreport.com/

Gallagher - Played 90 minutes in Cowdenbeath's 6-0 loss to Falkirk.

McKay - Played 72 minutes creating the equaliser for Raith in a 1-1 against Alloa.

Gasparotto - Played 90 minutes in Airdries 2-2 draw at Stirling.

Stoney - Played 72 minutes in a 1-1 draw for Stranraer. Had a lively first half with a couple of attempts on goal.

Crawford - Came on as 57 minute substitute. Morton came back to win 2-1 in the last 10 minutes against Dunfermline.

Walsh - Played 90 minutes. Had a busy first half getting the assist for Stenhousemuir's goal to put them 1-0 up. Losing out to an injury time goal 2-1 to Peterhead.

McAusland - Played 90 minutes scoring the second goal in Brechin's 2-0 win over Ayr.

Halkett - Didn't play for Clyde due to injury.