*****The Official Loan Watch Thread*****

AlBear.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Falkirk v Cowdenbeath game today, courtesy of my other half and a free ticket from their nil-nil bonus after their draw on Tuesday. Cowdenbeath weren't in the game at all from the ko. Gallagher started the game up front in what was supposed to be a 3-4-3 for Cowdenbeath but he looked like he was actually playing wide right in the midfield. He saw very little of the ball and really wasn't in the game much, but neither were any of his team mates to be honest. It was a very one sided game which Falkirk could and should have scored more. Hopefully he gets on better next week.

I was at the Falkirk v Cowdenbeath game today, courtesy of my other half and a free ticket from their nil-nil bonus after their draw on Tuesday. Cowdenbeath weren't in the game at all from the ko. Gallagher started the game up front in what was supposed to be a 3-4-3 for Cowdenbeath but he looked like he was actually playing wide right in the midfield. He saw very little of the ball and really wasn't in the game much, but neither were any of his team mates to be honest. It was a very one sided game which Falkirk could and should have scored more. Hopefully he gets on better next week.

Couldn't believe it. They've been playing not bad, with Gallagher playing well, then this.

Loan Watch

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/item/7932-loan-watch

Loan Match Reports.

http://therangersreport.com/2014/10/27/rangers-loan-report-mcausland-scores-raith-fans-want-more-mckay/?

McAusland's goal in Brechin's 2-0 win on Saturday.

ClutteredConstantAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam.gif

Report off Raith website.

McKay started & went 72 minutes before being substituted for Ryan Conroy. The departure of McKay was met by boos from the Raith supporters as fans were dismayed by their manager, Grant Murray, taking off one of team’s few bright spots in the match.

Rangers give permission for Morton to use Crawford in their Scottish Cup game against Airdrieonians on Saturday.

The midfielder moved to Cappielow on a temporary basis earlier this season and will remain in Greenock until January.

Ally McCoist's side will kick off their bid for cup glory against Dumbarton while the Ton are in action against the Diamonds and the Gers have decided they won't require Crawford's services should they advance to the latter stages of the competition.

However, Duffy will not be able to play striker Declan McManus after parent club Aberdeen refused to allow him to become cup-tied in the third round.

"Rangers have given us permission to play Robbie," said Duffy.

"They have a lot of options in the middle of the pitch and decided that he can play. It is good that Robbie is available.

I know this thread is about players from Rangers, mostly young ones, who are out on loan to various clubs, but I was just thinking that maybe with MA pulling the strings at Rangers he could possibly bring in some players for us in the January transfer window, which would help us strengthen the team for the league cup semi final at the end of January, i'm thinking mainly loan players from England, and obviously ones who wouldn't be cup tied, thoughts?

I know this thread is about players from Rangers, mostly young ones, who are out on loan to various clubs, but I was just thinking that maybe with MA pulling the strings at Rangers he could possibly bring in some players for us in the January transfer window, which would help us strengthen the team for the league cup semi final at the end of January, i'm thinking mainly loan players from England, and obviously ones who wouldn't be cup tied, thoughts?

My opinion is, start another thread on it...

:)

Scottish Cup.

Gallagher was not in the squad for Cowdenbeath leaving him available to play for Rangers when he returns from his loan in January.

McKay was an unused sub for Raith.

Crawford came on as a 76th min sub for Morton.

Gasparotto played 90 minutes as Airdrieonians drew 0-0.

Halkett came on in the 47th minute in Clyde's 2-0 loss to Spartans.

Stoney came on as a 84th minute sub.

Walsh played 90 minutes for Stenhousemuir.

McAusland continued his impressive form, playing 90 minutes and scoring the equaliser in Brechin's 2-1 win.

Gallagher played 90 minutes for Cowdenbeath in their 2-1 loss to hibs.

Crawford started and played 79 minutes getting an assist for the first goal in Morton's 2-0 win.

Stoney came on after 71 minutes to get the third goal in Stranraer's 3-1 win.

Gasparotto played 90 minutes helping Airdrieonians keep a clean sheet, 2-0.

Halkett played 90 minutes in Clyde's 3-0 win.

McKay started for Raith coming off in the 67th minute as they lost to an early hearts goal 1-0.

Walsh was not in the Stenhousemuir squad, unsure why.

McAusland Brechin didn't play today.

• 2 weeks later...

McKay full 90mins lost 2-0 to QOS.

Gallagher full 90, scored in 1-0 win vs Livingstone

Crawford 89 mins in 3-1 win vs Stenny

Walsh came on in 64th minute same game

Gasparotto 90mins 1-0 defeat to Stranraer

Stoney 89 mins same game, earn the penalty for Stranny

Halkett 90mins 4-0 defeat vs Arbroath

McAusland 90 mins 1-1 draw with Peterhead

A good weekend for game time and a few telling contributions.

"We're through to the next round thanks to one man only. Barry McKay.

The game was very similar to the Linlithgow game in that they created enough chances to score 3 or 4 goals in the first half but were denied by some good goalkeeping and woeful finishing. The only difference to that game was McKay who was light years ahead of anyone else on the pitch. Almost every chance we created seemed to involve him. If we hadn't got that goal there is not much doubt the team would've been booed off at half time. "

http://www.raithfantalk.s2.bizhat.com/raithfantalk-ftopic5167-0-asc-105.html

The Raith fans seem impressed by Barrie he had a slightly slow start but overall he's been very good for them hopefully McCoist is sacked before January and McKay is brought back into the fold then maybe we can have some pace, skill and excitement back into the team.

• 3 months later...