***The Official Falkirk vs Rangers Match Thread***

Wearethepeople72

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 year old Ryan Hardie get's a spot in the squad.

But...but...but Ally never picks youth.

Its one thing naming a youngster, its another thing having the balls to stick him on.

I think its a get out for managers when the use the excuse of not wanting to ruin a youngster by putting too much pressure on him. If hes good enough, play him. It'll make or break him, but we'll never know unless he plays.

How is it 4-5-1? Anyway with the player options we had not much choice and I think it will be 4-4-2 with Shiels up front with Boyd though I would have preferred Temps to start instead of Smith.

smith starting is a sign ally is trying to keep falkirk out instead of trying to simply score goals to beat them

you honestly believe that he'd be in the squad had all of our first team squad been fit?

Injuries offer the youth and fringe players the opportunity to get in the squad. They have to perform in training and any matches they play to be noticed. Ryan has obviously shown enough to get his call up.

Remember, Ally is not averse to having a short subs bench... :pipe:

you honestly believe that he'd be in the squad had all of our first team squad been fit?

If he is better than the rest of the squad - yes - but as he is unproven - no. His time may come but as a young squad member he has made it to the bench - can't you just be pleased for the lad

It's the most obvious 4-5-1 you are ever likely to see.

Disagree, official site is saying Shiels is a direct replacement for Clark and will be partnering Boyd in attack, I'm not even sure what Shiels best position is but he is also listed on the Rangers squad list as a striker.