Rangers will win the Championship & Ally McCoist will prove

Bothwellbear

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"In Scotland there are no grey areas, no in between".

In Barry's mind there are no grey areas, most definitely not between his ears anyway.

What a load of pish he talks, had it only been "a bad day at the office" we would all take it in our stride, but this is happening all to often and is not a knee-jerk reaction.

It has been three into four seasons we have been subjected to his mismanagement, and he still can't get it right. If this is a knee-jerk reaction by the support then we all deserve a bloody medal of honour for patience. We as a support have given Ally all the support we could give but he continues to let us down.

All these ex pals/players that circle the wagons to defend Ally, when it's as plain as the nose on your face that it's a new manager we need, are a bunch sycophantic tossers who are defending the indefensible.

They also must think that we are all as thick as shit, and deny us the right to express our valid concern for our team and it's wellbeing.

As said by many, and rightly so, if it were anyone else he would have been given short shrift and shown the door long ago.

I hate it when former players act like we know fuck all about football, and how difficult it is to be under pressure, and how we must look at it from their point of view.

Well why not try and be objective and look at it from our point of view, then maybe they would know how we really feel, abjectly pissed off to the limit.

:7325:

I still believe we can and will win the league.

Most bookies have Hearts as favourites now though.

The three games we play against Hearts will be crucial.

We will, the games against them wont matter IMO.

They will drop more points than us.

Only raise their game against us.

10 points ahead. Ally or no Ally :7325:

All the current evidence suggests Hearts will win the Championship and will do so with a squad that costs less and includes younger players that they have developed themselves.

They look fitter, more motivated, significantly more organised and appear to have a clear sense of direction/ strong leadership.

My problem with the "we will win the league" argument is that appears to be based more on the hope that Hearts title challenge will falter than anything else. Yes they will get injuries. Perhaps some players will get match bans due to ill discipline. Maybe their youth will make silly mistakes. But so far I see more chance of us being effected by injuries and match bans. Plus it is our supposedly "experienced" players who are making the significant mistakes.

But the real concern to me is the attitude shown by our team and it's management. When the game plan goes wrong it is almost as if everyone steps back from the pitch and folds their arms. It's just put down as another bad day at the office. Maybe a Kareoke will sort things out (I appreciate this last is a low blow- but it was indicative of the culture of comfortable unanswerability).

I admire the OP's optimism - I really wish I could be the same. But I'm afraid it's a misplaced optimism. We're simply not capable of beating the better sides on a regular basis (and there are very few of them in this league), and we are always capable of dropping points against the much 'weaker' sides. I think that's how poor we are. Sad, but true I think.

Warped because they prefer to listen to what the one who knows what he is talking about is saying. No one can argue with anything Stewart says, he is spot on. In fact he is a very good football pundit, Ferguson however, likes crayons, chalk boards, picture cards etc etc.

In fact, with only one person in this entire thread of 3 pages and 60 posts not agreeing with Stewart kind of tells it's own story.

:lol: people will listen to Michael Stewart but discount Barry Ferguson :lol: how fking warped is that !

If you actually read the article, he is unable to justify his opinion. There's no reasoning behind it whatsoever.

Maybe some aren't just swayed the predicatable group of Ally's so called 'Rangers men' towing the tired party line, but actually review the content.

The other side of the coin is that the Hearts manager is doing better than us, on much less spending, despite the club going through admin and relegation and losing all their players.

We can only judge Allys record on a like for like basis, and Hearts are the closest we have.

If Ally wins this league it will only be down to depth of squad. He can only hope Hearts suffer injuries and suspensions.

An embarrassing position to be in.

:lol: people will listen to Michael Stewart but discount Barry Ferguson :lol: how fking warped is that !

Ferguson is talking pish and is just backing up McCoist cause he's pals with him. Michael Stewart is bang on and is only saying what the majority of fans feel.

If you actually read the article, he is unable to justify his opinion. There's no reasoning behind it whatsoever.

Maybe some aren't just swayed the predicatable group of Ally's so called 'Rangers men' towing the tired party line, but actually review the content.

Maybe Michael Stewart is the next Alex Ferguson or the next Jose, or Arsne - he seems to be so good at telling us what Ally is (or isnt) - I must now go subscribe to his twitter feed and fb page so I can be enlightened by his every word

- or maybe not.

Ferguson is talking pish and is just backing up McCoist cause he's pals with him. Michael Stewart is bang on and is only saying what the majority of fans feel.

Ach so we listen to Michael Stewart now - who next the BBC? The record? - which other Rangers haters should I get my information from - do I now discount opinions of 'Rangers' men and listen to only those who have stuck the knife into us before ? Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Ach so we listen to Michael Stewart now - who next the BBC? The record? - which other Rangers haters should I get my information from - do I now discount opinions of 'Rangers' men and listen to only those who have stuck the knife into us before ? Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Michael Stewart just said what the majority of us know to be true, not really about listening to him

The bottom line is, regardless of them being haters or not, they were spot on.

I have no time for "Rangers men" sticking up for their pals and saying everything will be alright cause Ally's a nice guy and shite like that. We're going nowhere under him.

The other side of the coin is that the Hearts manager is doing better than us, on much less spending, despite the club going through admin and relegation and losing all their players.

We can only judge Allys record on a like for like basis, and Hearts are the closest we have.

If Ally wins this league it will only be down to depth of squad. He can only hope Hearts suffer injuries and suspensions.

An embarrassing position to be in.

9 games into Neilson's managerial career...... ????

Lets see where he is at the end of the season, next season, the season after. He is having a nice wee run in the league at the moment - is he not out of the league cup (that we are still in)?