Rangers: French bank BNP Paribas buys 5% stake

ZeonBlue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the shares were bought by Mike Ashley raising his stake to just below 9%. He cannot own more than 10% unless he sells Newcastle. BBC saying that by December we won't be able to pay staff wages - anyone heard anything about this??

He probably can own more than 10%. There is no rule that says any different.

The BBC are going along with what was said in the run up to the open offer, which was that the rights issue money would do us until the end of the year.

We have both ed house and ACP to use again for any loans needed to see us through to the next full share issue ( assuming that it happens after December).

the shares were bought by Mike Ashley raising his stake to just below 9%. He cannot own more than 10% unless he sells Newcastle. BBC saying that by December we won't be able to pay staff wages - anyone heard anything about this??

Really don't like Mike Aahley

As the bbc website says he did not participate in the share offering recently which would have given the funds to Rangers as opposed to simply trading shares. So instead of £850k to Rangers, it is £850k to an investment fund. Wanker.

Really don't like Mike Aahley

As the bbc website says he did not participate in the share offering recently which would have given the funds to Rangers as opposed to simply trading shares. So instead of £850k to Rangers, it is £850k to an investment fund. Wanker.

Great point , I can't work this out , why would he do this and not trade through the Ipo , something's amiss here , strengthens his position but keeps us financially weak ?

Great point , I can't work this out , why would he do this and not trade through the Ipo , something's amiss here , strengthens his position but keeps us financially weak ?

Cos it allows him to get rid of a significant rival shareholder in preperation for a takeover down the line.

He probably can own more than 10%. There is no rule that says any different.

The BBC are going along with what was said in the run up to the open offer, which was that the rights issue money would do us until the end of the year.

We have both ed house and ACP to use again for any loans needed to see us through to the next full share issue ( assuming that it happens after December).

Apparently the English FA won't allow the owner of an English club to have more than a 10% stake in another club.

The issue with not taking up shares through the IPO is strange unless it has something to do with timing or a change in heart. or awaiting legal advice on increasing his share level. I am also not sure if the shortfall from the IPO are available. We are about to see some significant board room power plays and the different factions are getting there pieces in place for the chess match. It is also going to be time for King to put up or finally shut up. Remember with the new share issue existing share holders will be given first option to buy shares keeping their %age of holdings. More moves in the board room than in the oppositions penalty area unfortunately.

Apparently the English FA won't allow the owner of an English club to have more than a 10% stake in another club.

can you show me the rule please?

Because apparently that was the case here too, yet no one can produce proof of this rule in the rulebook.

Or is it the case that the EFA won't allow anyone to own 10%of ore than one club under their umbrella?

can you show me the rule please?

Because apparently that was the case here too, yet no one can produce proof of this rule in the rulebook.

Or is it the case that the EFA won't allow anyone to own 10%of ore than one club under their umbrella?

Pretty sure Man city and Chelsea have shown that to be false mate, (tu)

Must be trying to get onside with UoF as he has just got one over on HH, imagine how much they have lost.

Yes some of the replies suggest it may be to weaken or eliminate a large rival shareholder.

However as you say it's simply weakens us financially, sums him up. Don't want him anywhere near us.