McCoist promotion through playoffs acceptable

cumnockbear

"I would have thought it was a little bit unfair and disrespectful to the opposition more than anything.

"The one thing we've always attempted to do, particularly in the last three years is show a great level of respect to our opponents. We will continue to do that."

how about showing some fucking respect for your own fans Ally instead of sucking up to people who hate us? he needs to go now, and the fans in the stand need to let him know that, starting tomorrow

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Mr Struth, Jock Wallace, Walter Smith have accepted 2nd place when the season has only just started?

What kind of way is that to bring up the young players in the Rangers Tradition?

I thought this guy was supposed to know all about our club and her traditions? Well Ally, let me enlighten you. We NEVER accept 2nd place when 1st is achievable!!

It might be an American saying but it is equally relevant to Rangers: "First is First, Second is Nowhere!"

Would Mr Struth, Jock Wallace, Walter Smith have accepted 2nd place when the season has only just started?

What kind of way is that to bring up the young players in the Rangers Tradition?

I thought this guy was supposed to know all about our club and her traditions? Well Ally, let me enlighten you. We NEVER accept 2nd place when 1st is achievable!!

It might be an American saying but it is equally relevant to Rangers: "First is First, Second is Nowhere!"

Talladega nights? Ricky bobby

Has he forgotten what club we are. Finishing anything other than first in this division is totally and utterly unacceptable.

Is there a single fan left that is still backing him!?!?

Home defeats to Hibs and Hearts this early in the season: unacceptable

A squad packed with players that have badly regressed under Ally: unacceptable

A team devoid of hunger or fight: unacceptable

A team without firm leadership or direction: unacceptable

A shambolic defence with no organisation, a flat midfield with no ideas or inspiration and a frontline with no creativity or invention: unacceptable

A striker at centre back, a centre back at right back, a centre mid at right mid, a left back at left mid and a goal poacher with absolutely nothing to poach

A manager with no strategic sense, with no leadership, with embarrassingly low expectations of a squad with the 2nd highest wage bill in the country and a club that should have the highest standards in the land

Unacceptable. Unacceptable. Unacceptable

(tu) Every single word spot on!!!!!!!!

Whilst in private I would agree that any route back to the top is better than not getting there. NO Rangers man should ever say publicly what I just heard in that interview. Times up Ally, if that's your thoughts they don't fit well with the clubs or its supporters feelings.

FFS calm down. He didnt say it was acceptable, he said he would take it if needed. Slag him off as much as you want but at least get your facts right.

read the quote in my previous post. are we expected to just let that slide and move on?

FFS calm down. He didnt say it was acceptable, he said he would take it if needed. Slag him off as much as you want but at least get your facts right.

Don't hold your breath mate. Every thread turns into an Ally oot one.

We'd be mad not to accept a play off if it turns out that way, in fact we'd be breaking the rules if we didn't. It shouldn't come to that anyhow. Too many people flapping at this early stage.

Don't hold your breath mate. Every thread turns into an Ally oot one.

We'd be mad not to accept a play off if it turns out that way, in fact we'd be breaking the rules if we didn't. It shouldn't come to that anyhow. Too many people flapping at this early stage.

Mate, that's not the point here.

The point is he's saying it out loud, what sort of message does that send to the team?

He should be saying it's unacceptable considering the resources we have..not even at Christmas yet and he's talking about play offs.

He's a fucking idiot and his time came and went a long time ago, Walter Smith must even be cringing at the fucking nonsense that comes out this guy's mouth.

It is really sad, that a man i idolised as a youth and pretended to be in the playground now fills me with ire and with a degree of disgust eveytime I see or think about him. It is an absolute disgrace that given a vast budget and bloated playing squad (filled with his mediocre signings) compared to our rivals that we are lowering ourselves to scraping out the second league in one of the worst football league structures in the world. It is embarrassing to the extreme, and for the good of the clubs future he must go now.

Ally McCoist: Rangers promotion through play-offs would be acceptable

Ally McCoist admits he would accept Rangers gaining promotion to the Scottish Premiership via the play-offs after falling six points behind leaders Hearts.

Monday’s 3-1 defeat to Hibernian saw some bookmakers make the Tynecastle outfit favourites to win the Scottish Championship title.

The result sparked fierce criticism of the manager and the players from disgruntled supporters with the Ibrox men head into the match with Livingston with 13 points from seven matches.

But while remaining confident of securing automatic promotion, McCoist admits he would accept reaching the top flight through the knockout route.

He said: "It [winning the play-offs] wouldn't be out of the question because the most important thing is getting out of the division.

"We will take whatever way we can to get out of the division because it is so important to the club that we get back into the top flight as soon as possible.

"I would have thought it was a little bit unfair and disrespectful to the opposition more than anything.

"The one thing we've always attempted to do, particularly in the last three years is show a great level of respect to our opponents. We will continue to do that.

"Hearts and Hibs are good sides."

McCoist has received flack for his tactics, signings as well as his coaching methods in the wake of their latest home loss.

The Light Blues boss says he is not “bombproof” from the sack, regardless of how much it would cost the club to get rid of him.

He said: "I don't think anybody is bombproof.

"I certainly wouldn't sit here for a minute and say I'm bombproof.

"I'm still wearing the flak jacket but nobody is bombproof."

On criticism of his tenure, he defended his record before adding: "I genuinely don't care about it.
If Walter Smith can get stick when winning nine in a row and getting to a UEFA Cup final then it's fair to say I'll receive a certain degree of criticism.

"With the greatest respect to everybody the only people that know what goes on out there is my players and my staff.

"You've got two automatic promotions then I think that's the target. I've said all along the target is to get back to the top flight as soon as possible.

"It's not for me to judge or to say how good, bad or indifferent it is but I think it would be difficult to argue against it not being job done in that department.

Video: