McCoist promotion through playoffs acceptable

cumnockbear

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he doesn't say its acceptable. Usual shit stirring.

I disagree, I think he was asked the question if it was acceptable because of the way he says

"It [winning the play-offs] wouldn't be out of the question because the most important thing is getting out of the division.

What wouldn't be out of the question? I do agree that at the end of the day going up is the priority but it should be by winning this league. With the resources and players we have, for a team we have supposedly built for 2 years to be ready to get through this stage should be no problem especially when the two other main "competitors" have had their squads ripped up and new managers installed.

Comparing himself to Walter now? ffs. Walter -- at least -- had a philosophy. Might not have been attractive.. but at least he could get more out of players than they thought... Getting to a European final might never be equaled again? Bringing Scotland up 70 places in the world ranking. Mr. McCoist.. you've got a long way to go to come close (actually... check that.. you'll never get close).

ok.. Ally didn't come out and say 'IT IS ACCEPTABLE...' but sure as fuck is implied. Disgraceful.

Mate, that's not the point here.

The point is he's saying it out loud, what sort of message does that send to the team?

He should be saying it's unacceptable considering the resources we have..not even at Christmas yet and he's talking about play offs.

He's a fucking idiot and his time came and went a long time ago, Walter Smith must even be cringing at the fucking nonsense that comes out this guy's mouth.

But we would accept a playoff, so by definition it's acceptable. Certainly not what we are aiming for but still acceptable.

I want Ally gone .like yesterday but come on guys . Leave out the c&&&t to describe Ally please...Let's show we are bears.

I get the respect bit but he say's that yet he doesn't care about his own fans criticism ? That makes me livid.

He has to go and go quickly .

Not really a big deal.

Getting back up to the top flight is a key objective for us.

However, our aim will of course still be to win the league.

Not a big deal?

Here is a Rangers manager who has spent his life at the club and should know the expectations that this club place on him and the team.

He's saying it would be acceptable to finish second. You cannot defend that.

If we finish second in this league, with our budget and fan base then it is a fucking disgrace.

There's no fight out on the park and it is becoming abundantly clear that the management team are incapable of motivating the players let alone coming out with pish interviews like this.

Fucking scunnered with this now.

But we would accept a playoff, so by definition it's acceptable. Certainly not what we are aiming for but still acceptable.

Of course we would, that's not the point though, saying that in public is fucking disgraceful as the manager of this club.

So the players now think it's ok if they finish second?

Unacceptable attitude from a Rangers manager, especially a shite one.