Street parties in Newcastle

Geordie Bear

I wonder how Rangers fans would feel if he was on the verge of a takeover at the beggars?

I for one would be gutted.

We'd probably point out and focus on all the bad things surrounding him and use them to beat the taigs with.

That's just what happens.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm genuinely not clued up enough on newcastle. To me he seems to have supported the manager with decent funds, and given lengthy contracts to both manager and head of scouting which should provide stability.

Geordies appear to hate him because he won't compete on the same financial level as the Chelsea, Man City's etc.

Factually, what has he done right or wrong down there that is of note?

FFS...

I agree with you :pipe: - he cleared a lot of debt, backed the managers and has a self sustaining club financially - those have got to be goals for our club.

No he has not pumped in the stupid cash that Chelsea, Man City etc. have but there are few that can - a financially self sustaining club seems like a great goal at the moment.

You could be more ambitious than being happy to finish 17th every year - see their atrocious cup record under his ownership (makes Ally's look magnificent)

My memory stretches back to Hereford Utd in the early seventies - this, again, is nothing new to them.

My memory stretches back to Hereford Utd in the early seventies - this, again, is nothing new to them

Perhaps, I'm talking about a sustained period of 4/5 years of fringe teams being fielded in both cup competitions and early exits every time - all under Pardew and Ashley's watch, due to a complete lack of ambition to win anything because premier league survival is all that is needed for his business model to work.

FFS...

I agree with you :pipe: - he cleared a lot of debt, backed the managers and has a self sustaining club financially - those have got to be goals for our club.

No he has not pumped in the stupid cash that Chelsea, Man City etc. have but there are few that can - a financially self sustaining club seems like a great goal at the moment.

I think hell may have just froze over.

(tu)

Newcastle fans have a deluded view of their own place in the scheme of things. Where was the club before Ashley? When was the last time they won anything? Yet they mump and moan because they're not up challenging the Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea. They should wake up and realise that these clubs operate on a totally different financial plane to them. Success for them is top 10 and the odd cup run every couple of years. Without Ashley's firm grip on the tiller they'll be like Leeds Utd in a few years.

FFS...

To be pedantic, he never cleared the debt - he switched it so that Newcastle owe him the debt now (circa £120m iirc) - granted it is now in an interest free loan.

I listen to podcasts about the EPL and he's often discussed on there. The lack of ambition (specifically not attempting to challenge for cups), refusing to speak to the media, and the way he treated club legends (such as Keegan) are often spoken about for reasons for the dislike in the past though I think currently it is refusing to sack Pardew. Also the commercial deals being loaded in favour of SD rather than the club is used as a criticism.

Newcastle do turn a profit and their wage bill is pretty low by EPL standards I think - Personally think they are cutting it a bit fine with the players this season but I don't see them being relegated.

GM

God knows what to think, I'm hoping the end game is in sight and this boardroom shite can finally be put to bed.

As for Ashley, not too sure what Newcastle fans think, I know many are not happy, but I'll maybe take a look on a Toon forum and get a few of their views.

If Ashley is willing to leave Newcastle and buy everyone out and get rid of the leeches and numpties that we have hanging around, that cannot be a bad thing. We need a sustainable business that develops players and makes a profit, aiming to continually get in Europe, showcase the club on that stage again with young talent, a manager with the ideas and methods to develop these players and employ the best young Scottish talent and young talent from Europe that we've scouted early and can showcase. If Ashley can provide this, I doubt anyone would grudge him taking a bonus out of the profits (tu)

I'm completely fucked off with this though, why is it so hard to just get our finances and plans in order?

I suppose the difference between wanting Ashley to come on board and maybe realising that most of us are not particularly enamored by the man but will have absolutely no choice on the matter is completely lost.

I get the impression the Geordies think we are desperate to get Ashley on board when in fact most of us are just hoping that SOMEONE steps up and runs the club properly including getting a decent team on the park. If thats Ashley great, if its someone else then thats great to.

The actual personalities involved are a side show - its the end result that counts..

I suppose the difference between wanting Ashley to come on board and maybe realising that most of us are not particularly enamored by the man but will have absolutely no choice on the matter is completely lost.

I get the impression the Geordies think we are desperate to get Ashley on board when in fact most of us are just hoping that SOMEONE steps up and runs the club properly including getting a decent team on the park. If thats Ashley great, if its someone else then thats great to.

The actual personalities involved are a side show - its the end result that counts..

Great point (tu)

why are people blaming Ashley for Newcastle's on the field performance?

he has backed Pardew with money, i seriously doubt Ashley is picking the team and tactics on a saturday

http://www.soccerbas...mTabs=transfers

they have actually spent more than they have received in most of the seasons he has been there (apart from the season they sold Cabaye, who wanted to leave i think, and the season Liverpool gave them 35m for Carroll, which is an offer anybody in Britain wouldve snapped up)

edit: one season aswell when they sold Martins and Bassong.

i dont think anybody can say he hasnt backed the manager, its up to the manager to use it wisely and get the team performing.

he might regret giving Pardew his multi year contract all the same

Perhaps, I'm talking about a sustained period of 4/5 years of fringe teams being fielded in both cup competitions and early exits every time - all under Pardew and Ashley's watch, due to a complete lack of ambition to win anything because premier league survival is all that is needed for his business model to work.

(tu)

I see - I think he'll find that won't cut it up here!

there's a clause in the contract apparently that means ashley doesnt pay it up fully, maybe 2 years worth at most

i think Pardew is very very lucky

sitting with a nice bumper contract while the owner is getting all the grief for the teams performance

Im not the biggest fan of Ashley but to be fair up here if he pumped 20 million into the club and it wasn't pissed away on rubbish players then we would be looking to win the title in England that money might get you a Chelsea reserve player and pay some of his wages if you were lucky.

Im not the biggest fan of Ashley but to be fair up here if he pumped 20 million into the club and it wasn't pissed away on rubbish players then we would be looking to win the title in England that money might get you a Chelsea reserve player and pay some of his wages if you were lucky.

Other side of that is in England they would receive millions in TV money and other sponsorships that you just wouldn’t get near in Scotland.