Price of Football survey results 2014

superally07

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29527838

Always enjoy a read at this to compare value for money etc, however bbc asked 208 clubs for information, 207 managed to reply to give their fans information. The 1 team that couldn't be arsed was.. you guessed it.. us !!!

It's hardly our biggest problem right now but it does piss me off. Club is a joke right now :(

The following would normally be a footnote in such a report, yet the bbc give this as the opening commennt:

Rangers FC are omitted from the survey and calculator because they did not provide data to the BBC. Full details on how the calculator works, and how the survey was compiled, can be read here.

Is it any wonder we ignore them?

Its all well and good saying we dont talk to the BBC, some fans will rather stick with that while many would like to see how ours compare with the rest, fans are the ones to suffer in things like this, still, why should anyone want to see our club scrutinised and compared eh

Its all well and good saying we dont talk to the BBC, some fans will rather stick with that while many would like to see how ours compare with the rest, fans are the ones to suffer in things like this, still, why should anyone want to see our club scrutinised and compared eh

Prices are public, people could do their own comparisons if they're really that interested

Actually, not speaking to the BBC is quite churlish, not to mention childish. It's not having the desired effect, to stop them mis-reporting, and we'd be better making hard hitting statements against them and see if they were up for the argument. Many skeltons would come out of the cupboard in that situation instead of this, I'm noo talking to you.

As the OP suggests, it is a reminder of how disorganised we've become as a club.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29527838

Always enjoy a read at this to compare value for money etc, however bbc asked 208 clubs for information, 207 managed to reply to give their fans information. The 1 team that couldn't be arsed was.. you guessed it.. us !!!

It's hardly our biggest problem right now but it does piss me off. Club is a joke right now :(

The BBC is a joke, anti-RFC but you think we should assist them?? If you are a Rangers fan then you will have a good idea of our prices. You must know how much you are paying for your ticket and what is more you can get an idea from our own web site under the Ticket tab. As you said yourself, we have more to worry about than whether or not we provide an anti-Rangers organisation with information which they could have estimated themselves. That they didn't do their own homework proves that they are anti-Rangers as they have left our prices entirely blank to make us look bad.

How are our fans "suffering" because we didn't respond?

How are our fans "suffering" because we didn't respond?

fans suffer because the club shuts itself off, its all very well and good saying figures are out there if people genuinely want to dig for them but some people either dont want to or dont have time to or simply aren't aware of the places to find such figures.

I don't believe in banning the press, we should publicly counter any bullshit any MSM reports on us but hold them accountable, banishing them is weak and pointless and makes the club look petty, my old Grandad for instance, he could barely tell you a thing about the goings on at Rangers as most of our stuff is from our own Website, he's not interested in becoming computer literate and struggles to read off the laptop when I do put things up for him, I often have to print stuff off for him which is only really viable if he's in a certain house where there is a printer as printing storiws off isn't really high kn my to do list unless im in his company at the time of reading something which could be of interest to him.

He feels very cut off from Rangers, I'd imagine many older Bears feel the same

fans suffer because the club shuts itself off, its all very well and good saying figures are out there if people genuinely want to dig for them but some people either dont want to or dont have time to or simply aren't aware of the places to find such figures.

I don't believe in banning the press, we should publicly counter any bullshit any MSM reports on us but hold them accountable, banishing them is weak and pointless and makes the club look petty, my old Grandad for instance, he could barely tell you a thing about the goings on at Rangers as most of our stuff is from our own Website, he's not interested in becoming computer literate and struggles to read off the laptop when I do put things up for him, I often have to print stuff off for him which is only really viable if he's in a certain house where there is a printer as printing storiws off isn't really high kn my to do list unless im in his company at the time of reading something which could be of interest to him.

He feels very cut off from Rangers, I'd imagine many older Bears feel the same

Can't you tell your grandad what is going on? If your grandad doesn't like computers or finds them difficult then how would he benefit from our information being on the BBC web site? We haven't banned the press, just the BBC.

You don't have to dig for the price of our tickets as they are easily found on our web site. The BBC could have done that but obviously deliberately chose not to do just that. Our fans will know the price of our tickets anyway. You are making far too much out of nothing.

Why should we assist a corporation that done its best to cover up kiddy fiddling? If they cannot be open and honest about that what do you think that they would do with figures from our club?

As others have said you can easily find the information if you want to without relying on the bum boys club

MEAH....non story. Im glad the Club didnt tell that mhob a thing, as was stated previously that tact could and should be taken with other mhedia outlets that have nothing but hate and contempt for MY Club. The cannae resist having a wee pop, yet not explaining Why they are Ignored. Says it all really. It wont be keeping me awake at night. :pipe: