***The Official East Fife v Rangers Thread***

AlBear.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would put out our strongest 11- we can always make changes later on in the game. Let's get the pride back, let's make our players know that if they are on the pitch for Rangers it is because they have earned the right- not because we want to avoid injuries- or because a player is regarded as senior squad member and therefore if fit will always make the team sheet- if a player cocks it up- drop him and give a hungrier player an opportunity. We need to stop trying to play safe- but instead play to win! Our players need to realise that "for Rangers defeat is truly unacceptable" and that that statement it is not some throwaway sound bite.

We need to stop the thinking that some games are more important than others- if we as a support develop that mentality then we can hardly be surprised if our players think and perform the same way. This is the Kareoke attitude we need to destroy. We require to get the fear factor back in the right place ie other teams fearing to play us!

I sincerely hope we see the same levels of endeavour tonight as we saw on Saturday.

I appreciate your point, and in an ideal world I'd agree with you. Of course we should never shy away from any opponent.

I just think that it's so important that we go up this season that all our energies should be spent on that.

Who cares about the cups? For this one season they do not matter. The implications of not getting promoted are too awful to comprehend.

Hearts have a a march on us at the moment. All that matters is reeling them in. Tonight's game (and any cup games) do not help us in that regard. They are just a chance to pick up injuries and get players tired out by autumn pitches.

We need to win this league. We don't need to win the Petrofac Nonsense Cup.

I appreciate your point, and in an ideal world I'd agree with you. Of course we should never shy away from any opponent.

I just think that it's so important that we go up this season that all our energies should be spent on that.

Who cares about the cups? For this one season they do not matter. The implications of not getting promoted are too awful to comprehend.

Hearts have a a march on us at the moment. All that matters is reeling them in. Tonight's game (and any cup games) do not help us in that regard. They are just a chance to pick up injuries and get players tired out by autumn pitches.

We should really be winning BOTH!

We should really be winning BOTH!

Course we should. But life's not that simple.

What if we end up going to Tynecastle a couple of players short?

For what? A muck about, diddy cup? No thanks.

Hearts have a tough game with Hibs this week, they're also missing some players. Tynecastle could be our chance to draw level with them. All our energy should be on that.

Course we should. But life's not that simple.

What if we end up going to Tynecastle a couple of players short?

For what? A muck about, diddy cup? No thanks.

Hearts have a tough game with Hibs this week. Tynecastle could be our chance to draw level with them. All our energy should be on that.

With the squad size we have I don't think we should have a problem as long as rotation is done wisely.

I completely understand your argument. I agree the Petrofac Cup is nonsense - my point is that no Football match we play should be regarded as nonsense and we should play to win. The Cup it self is a bauble- it is the need to win every game we need to instil- and if we get that we might get more consistency. This season at times it is as if someone has flicked a switch and the lights are on- or off! It is consistency that will win the league. But as I said I respect your view- no strategy it is without its risks. My thoughts risk injury or tiredness however I believe that any such problem should create an opportunity for a hungry player to step up for the honour of playing 1st team Football for Rangers- whilst your approach to my mind risks the problem of players slipping into complacency.

I completely understand your argument. I agree the Petrofac Cup is nonsense - my point is that no Football match we play should be regarded as nonsense and we should play to win. The Cup it self is a bauble- it is the need to win every game we need to instil- and if we get that we might get more consistency. This season at times it is as if someone has flicked a switch and the lights are on- or off! It is consistency that will win the league. But as I said I respect your view- no strategy it is without its risks. My thoughts risk injury or tiredness however I believe that any such problem should create an opportunity for a hungry player to step up for the honour of playing 1st team Football for Rangers- whilst your approach to my mind risks the problem of players slipping into complacency.

Mate, I see your point and I understand the value of creating competition in the squad and also of building momentum. Winning is winning and it breeds winning.

I'd just hate us to be looking back in May having just missed out on promotion by a point and thinking "I wish we'd had a full team for that Hearts game". This is the biggest game we've had for a few years. We need a result. If we beat them I really think they'll start to crumble. At very worst it would put a big chunk of doubt in their minds and destroy their momentum. So far they've had nothing but momentum. We need to dent that and really test them.

Mate, I see your point and I understand the value of creating competition in the squad and also of building momentum. Winning is winning and it breeds winning.

I'd just hate us to be looking back in May having just missed out on promotion by a point and thinking "I wish we'd had a full team for that Hearts game". This is the biggest game we've had for a few years. We need a result. If we beat them I really think they'll start to crumble. At very worst it would put a big chunk of doubt in their minds and destroy their momentum. So far they've had nothing but momentum. We need to dent that and really test them.

Let's just hope we bloody well beat them :)

Let's just hope we bloody well beat them :)

Haha! Correct pal!

Maybe I'm just being a panic merchant. I am nervous about it though.

I remember about ten years or so ago, when Levein was their manager we used to always go there expecting a close game but we usually won quite comfortable. When Arveladze scored a beauty and we won 4-0 for example. We scored 4 there more than once I remember.

Let's hope we pull that out the bag again.

What about the extra games putting our league campaign at risk?

You reckon it's good that we've got so much more tight a schedule than our rivals?

Our rivals will win fuck all as per usual we on the other hand are winners by right.

RANGERS: Simonsen, Foster, McGregor, McCulloch, Wallace, Aird, Black, Law, Templeton, Clark, Daly.

SUBS: Robinson, Smith, Shiels, Boyd, Miller, Macleod, Mohsni.

Happy with that although I'd like see to Nicky Law given a rest...................... permanantely