***The Official East Fife v Rangers Thread***

AlBear.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a must win game only if it's to keep our unbeaten run going and to extend it. Winning is a far better habit to get into than losing or drawing.

Only if we chose to care.

I'd be quite happy to see us get knocked out and cut down on a couple of extra meaningless games. We've got far bigger fish to fry.

We're trailing behind already. We don't need the extra games. Hearts were smart and got knocked out.

It would be a bit of a kick in the teeth to have 3 attempts at winning this cup and failing in them all. I still think we should be going out to win every game, regardless of the trophy up for grabs. It's one that has been grabbed from us in recent years and I don't want to see us not win it in our last chance of competing. That is unless we don't go up this year. :(

I'd be quite happy to see us get knocked out and cut down on a couple of extra meaningless games. We've got far bigger fish to fry.

We're trailing behind already. We don't need the extra games. Hearts were smart and got knocked out.

What a fucking retarded thing to post...

and I should know.

You've at it.

What a fucking retarded thing post...

and I should know.

Just had a look at the fixtures between now and the end of 2014.

Including tonight we have 12 games to play, 13 if we get to the 4th round of the Scottish Cup.

We're playing at least 4 midweeks out of the next 5 (maybe a Cup replay too, who knows?). We'll probably postpone Alloa too, so that'll be another midweek.

With a schedule like that we are bound to pick up injuries, suspensions and fatigue.

Compare that to our biggest threat for automatic promotion.

Hearts have only got 9 games to play and won't play any midweeks as it stands at the moment (could change with a cup replay or postponement). They've got it easy.

Playing any first team players in this Mickey Mouse cup is putting our promotion chances at risk. It's complete madness. I mean really, who cares? It's worth nothing and we could end up losing a lot.

We got to Tynecastle in 32 days. Between now and then we play seven games. Hearts only play three.

We need to be smart. Keep the first team away from these daft games.

Can't believe some comments on here Rangers mentality should be to Win every game they play regardless of who or what competition it is.

Just my opinion

What about the extra games putting our league campaign at risk?

You reckon it's good that we've got so much more tight a schedule than our rivals?

I would put out our strongest 11- we can always make changes later on in the game. Let's get the pride back, let's make our players know that if they are on the pitch for Rangers it is because they have earned the right- not because we want to avoid injuries- or because a player is regarded as senior squad member and therefore if fit will always make the team sheet- if a player cocks it up- drop him and give a hungrier player an opportunity. We need to stop trying to play safe- but instead play to win! Our players need to realise that "for Rangers defeat is truly unacceptable" and that that statement it is not some throwaway sound bite.

We need to stop the thinking that some games are more important than others- if we as a support develop that mentality then we can hardly be surprised if our players think and perform the same way. This is the Kareoke attitude we need to destroy. We require to get the fear factor back in the right place ie other teams fearing to play us!

I sincerely hope we see the same levels of endeavour tonight as we saw on Saturday.