The Difference in our Style of Play Yesterday

Young Conqueror

Was the first time, since we got thrown to the bottom, that I've seen one of our midfielders run beyond the forwards. EVER.

With these shitty teams that play high up the park, we should be breaking these traps all the time but our midfield never ran beyond. Yesterday Law did and scored.

yesterday was like night and day from the Arbroath game. Our overall performance yesterday was the best we have had in 3 years and if you couldn't see that then I am very surprised.

Nonsense, the 4-0 away win over Raith was a better display than Saturday. I can also think of a couple of matches from last season where we played far better.

Kenny Miller makes the difference,its that simple.

His drive and energy plus experience is key,hope he stays injury free....

Said as much on Rangerchat after the game, he was the difference, his drive seemed to filter right through the team and everyone turned it up a bit in the second half.

Lets hope the floodgates have opened on Boyds league goals now too :)

Yep, but just commenting what I seen yesterday BF and as stated so much better than some of the other pish the past few seasons.

YC agree with what you say. Take a look at the games where we have scored 'for fun' and you will find over 90% of the goals are from open play along the deck. Clyde game is a prime example. High ball punted into the box does not work - play the bal on the deck and we will rip apart most Championship teams. Even McCoist should be capable of that observation.

Good win and good goals as well. A cautionary note is in order though.

We are playing relatively poor teams most weeks - certainly not the rough, tough and extremely difficult league that McCoist and others would have us all believe.

Beyond Hearts and Falkirk (although the latter have little threat up front), I haven't yet seen a team that are much better then those in the leagues we just came from.

I genuinely say this with a heavy heart, but we have a few 'shockers' still to come. Even in Saturdays game we were exposed several times by a relatively poor Raith side - a good team will punish our defensive lapses.

I hope that this is the start of a confident, sustained run, but I'm afraid I doubt it. The same old deficiencies are still very much in evidence.

Much better play from us and Raith were shocking.

Defence (McGregor aside) was shocking Foster got turned inside out so much he would've been better sitting in the stand.

Miller was great the problem may be that he can't play every game because I doubt his body can take it anymore. Nice to see Boyd get his goal, that little bit of luck with the goalie throwing it into his own net may just get him going.

Good win and good goals as well. A cautionary note is in order though.

We are playing relatively poor teams most weeks - certainly not the rough, tough and extremely difficult league that McCoist and others would have us all believe.

Beyond Hearts and Falkirk (although the latter have little threat up front), I haven't yet seen a team that are much better then those in the leagues we just came from.

I genuinely say this with a heavy heart, but we have a few 'shockers' still to come. Even in Saturdays game we were exposed several times by a relatively poor Raith side - a good team will punish our defensive lapses.

I hope that this is the start of a confident, sustained run, but I'm afraid I doubt it. The same old deficiencies are still very much in evidence.

Good or bad any team in Scotland are capable of defending the 'big punt' and 'high cross' ball to our forwards. Play the ball on the deck and we have the ability to destroy most defenses we are currently up against.

We should be demolishing teams like this with the odd bad game or defeat. Under Mccoist its very much the other way around.

Im not getting carried away until we start gaining on Hearts. The game against them in November is vital. Any points dropped is unthinkable.

Maybe we should, but football doesnt always work like that. Yes it seem Hearts have been hammering teams from the start but from mates who support them I have been told they have been really poor in a lot of their games but just got lucky in front of goal which makes them look better.

As for the game against Hearts being vital and so many folk goin on about it on here, not in my book yet...we have seven or eight games to play BEFORE that one and they are the ones we need to concentrate on. We can worry about that one in the week leading up to it.

Nonsense, the 4-0 away win over Raith was a better display than Saturday. I can also think of a couple of matches from last season where we played far better.

Possibly the odd game but they are few a far betweem. To compare it to the Arbroath game was far greater nonsense than my comment.

Possibly the odd game but they are few a far betweem. To compare it to the Arbroath game was far greater nonsense than my comment.

100% spot on Bb, the Arbroath game was an extremely poor game and one which the score line did flatter us and nothing like Saturdays performance. My post was about our style of play on Saturday and not the score. IMO i don't remember us playing the ball on the deck in a sustained way with players looking to play a slip pass or a pass that split a defence open for either our strikers or a midfield runner. We have played possession football many times with that fkng horrendous side way pass that takes us no where!!!!! and I just felt on Saturday there was a difference in our play.

I am defo not getting carried away with the euphoria of a 6-1 victory against Raith and as many have said there was a good few things wrong on Saturday. Here's hoping we win tonight 6 nil or 1 nil. I don't give a fk as long as we win and the same style of football is played.