An honest question

RFC55

Does the loyalist part of supporting Rangers appeal to you?  

492 members have voted

1. 1. Does the loyalist part of supporting Rangers appeal to you?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get this whole didnt sign catholics shite. Surely all a team should need to do is put out the best team possible, which is what we did, since we've been the most successful club in the country our entire history. So why does it matter that we achieved that with a protestant team. Its clearly just the tarriers being jealous that we achieved, with only proddies, what they couldnt do with both denominations.

Should we have signed a worse player simply because he was catholic just to suit the haters?

Are American Football and Basketball teams racist? Because nearly all their teams are black.

Id bet you a big big reason why we had so few catholics is because back in those days a catholic would have been scooped up by celtic before coming to us, and probably had little to do with our "signing policy" the only singing policy I see thats ever been in place at RFC is "Sign better players than the scum in the east" and we seem to have stuck to it well.

How did anyone have the right to criticize our signing policy with the success we had? It would be one thing if we'd turned down better players for being catholic, but as far as I know that didnt happen. People would then be able to say "ah see, theyre failing because theyre too bigoted to sign good players" but the fact is we didnt sign good players the best, the fact that the players religion was even brought up shows that sectarianism and pointing out religious differences is a trait of scottish society not Rangers FC.

I found it a bit difficult to get my point across in writing here, hope you know what I mean.

I was talking about in my lifetime (47) I looked it up as RFC EAGLE sggested I should and came across a thread on here by you titled Anyone got a list of catholics to have played for Rangers?snapback.pngSamuel R Rutherford, on 23 November 2010 - 09:37 AM, said:

Pre-Maurice Johnston or what?

you said

Yes mate before the 1st "high profile" one. Its embarrising to argue over this ffs.

I apologise forgot all about Hugh O'Neill (1976), who played in the reserves, Feel such a fool now for singing 'its magic you know' back in the day.

It wasn't enough we had Catholics, we needed a "high profile catholic" :lol:

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Aaah so when you get called out you change the goalposts? You said 'when I was a lad Rangers hadn't signed a Catholic', when what you really meant wad you bought the crap that has been peddled for years. John Spencer is a Catholic and counts whether he had a Rangers bag or not. Try looking past the first link that pops up on a Google search.

It appealed to me from the start of high until I was 17, all I would listen to was loyalist songs but now I'm just not into it, won't stop me singing the songs at the games or enjoying the odd sash bash but it doesn't go any further for me.

I blame the seating in the East Enclosure for that bud... It used to be a very special place... ;)

Why's that? They seem pretty much what I would expect, tbh

Reference to the indy poll, probably. Ironic's the wrong word. Slightly weird coincidence is probably better.

American sporting venues always have marching bands and displays - usually local and community bands pandering to the home crowd and interspersing local themes with shows of patriotism and appreciation of their armed forces.

What would be the problem with Rangers doing the same?

Can you think of anything to increase the crowd and the atmosphere than a flute band supplying pre-match and half-time entertainment and playing the teams on to the field of play?

I for one cannot see the point that the sanitisation our repertoire has undergone through the years to satisfy the blood lust of our detractors - ably abetted by the fifth columnists within our ranks.

Give the punters what they really want Mr Ashley - you know it makes sense

Its a part of my protestant and Ibrox heritage. Was also an integral part of the social structure in West Of Scotland and still is.

From a football only viewpoint it has helped win support in Ireland and to a lesser degree Scotland, but has not been of great benefit to us in terms of international football status.

I would still be an obsessed Rangers fan with or without the loyalist connection. And that's the interesting part, if the club played down the connection for whatever reason, there are a percentage who would welcome it, and a percentage who would n't. I can accept both opinions, I think the balance is swinging away from a high commitment to the loyalist cause in Ireland amongst the younger fans and has been for a long time.

Ironically this comes at a time when fervour for all things non loyalist appears to be growing in other parts of Scotland.

Would be an ideal subject for the debating chamber.