Fuck you Parma

RFC55

this was my first ever rangers game. i can't remember much of the game itself but i will always remember stepping out into the stand and seeing the whole of ibrox before me for the first time. i had only ever seen it on tv or in pictures. now every time i climb those stairs and look out across the stadium it reminds me of all the happy memories i have of me and my dad at ibrox. thanks dad.

Was you at the Kiev game 87?

I swear the brox was ready to burst at the seams that night, what an atmosphere

I was at that game. Was thinking about this game just when I read ur post. Probably that game and 87 skol cup final sgainst the sheep the greatest 2 games I've ever been at.

That was the game that made Ferguson, 19yr old and he pissed it, I can still

see his move in the middle of the park and his pass to gio. (tu)

That was when he did that turn that took out their whole midfield, he was amazing in his prime. Nutmegged Dino Baggio twice in the Parma game as well, gallus as fuck.

Top 3 European nights that I can recall were Kiev, Leeds & Parma. Was only lucky enough to be at the Kiev game, but would have to say it was the best of the 3. You just had to be there to know what we mean. Electric!!

A truly great player that was underrated at that time because of the excellence we had. You don't get voted USA sportsman of the decade for nothing when your up again the likes of Carl Lewis.

Absolutely. The guy was immense. I remember thinking at the time "Who?", but was soon made to eat my words.

I had the shirt with his name and number on it. A fucking star in my book.

Like I say, I didn't know who the guy was at first, and thought Advocaat had lost his marbles. Turned out to be a superb signing!

No for some reason I wasn't at the Kiev game, I know it is frequently mentioned for the atmosphere, I listened to it on the radio and it did sound amazing The other game mentioned from around the same era was the Leeds game - I was at that one, the atmosphere up until McAllister scored was incredible. But there is just something about the Parma game for me, maybe it was the way Advocaat had us playing at the time.

Was on duty that day back at North York General Hospital. The communications manager and I had an emergency meeting that afternoon, we just never told anyone where, it was at the Toronto #1 Rangers Supporters Club. We got back to work picked up our things and went home as by that time the work day had ended, folks the next day wondered what the hell we had been up to because neither one of us could speak. My work colleague BTW was Dody Soutars son in law.

Tell you what.....listening to that again.....big shout to Archie McPherson. Debate will rumble on about who he supports, but he sounded like one of us that night. Never ever heard a commentator sound so emotional each shot/goal we had. Closest I can think of was Peter Drury from the Fiorentina game.