Alloa game, decision should have been Alistairs, (I agree)

bawsburst

I don't agree that the decision should lie with the manager, whether it is Ally or anyone else. Yes, he should be able to make representations to the board but it should always be a board decision. I thought in most clubs sheduling resposibilities belong to the club secretary, reporting to the board.

It's the managers responsibility to produce a team than can win games, if there are game scheduling decisions he should, at least, be involved in them.

I didn't say it would. It's the correct decision for, and according to, the fans but we don't know if it is the correct decision for the team...yet.

It won't be the incorrect decision whatever the result, one regular player being missing will not be to blame if we fail to win.

Nice to see the board standing up to the manager for once and giving due consideration to the fans who have prearranged travel plans for this match.

We will also get a bigger crowd on a Saturday.

We are talking about one player missing.

This was absolutely the correct decision whether McCoist had input or not.

It won't be the incorrect decision whatever the result, one regular player being missing will not be to blame if we fail to win.

If we lose, having chosen to play the game without the full squad, then I don't see how you would class it as the correct decision. Unless you're solely referring to the benefits for the fans of a 3pm Saturday ko, then yes it is the correct decision no matter what.

If we lose, having chosen to play the game without the full squad, then I don't see how you would class it as the correct decision. Unless you're solely referring to the benefits for the fans of a 3pm Saturday ko, then yes it is the correct decision no matter what.

I can easily class it as the correct decision because the game going ahead on the original date won't be a valid reason for failing to beat relegation battling Alloa at home.

Is any reason valid?

Performance of the players and management is the valid reasoning.

If it goes badly i'm just picturing you on here saying how the game going ahead was the wrong decision rather than considering the actual game itself and what we did wrong as a team.

Performance of the players and management is the valid reasoning.

If it goes badly i'm just picturing you on here saying how the game going ahead was the wrong decision rather than considering the actual game itself and what we did wrong as a team.

Don't picture me, please. It's unnerving.

if the previous games were called off because we had numerous first team regulars away e.g. Bell, McGregor, Wallace, Black, Law, MacLeod ect. then I could understand. but calling off games because Mohsni and Shiels were away was ridiculous

It was the right decision for a number of reasons, 1) financially, Play the game on Saturday and have circa 35k or postpone to December time and play midweek in front of circa 20/25k, 2) Don't break momentum we're on a good winning streak and only a few points behind Hearts going into the crucial game with them in less than 2 weeks, 3) A backlog in fixtures is never good whether it's 1 game or 5 games especially when you're challenging in all domestic competitions.

Totally agree

I didn't say it would. It's the correct decision for, and according to, the fans but we don't know if it is the correct decision for the team...yet.

if we have none of our starting 11 on international duty that game and drop points, will you say its the wrong decision

if we have none of our starting 11 on international duty that game and drop points, will you say its the wrong decision

If we drop points after we've been on such a good run lately I think we'd all have to question, 'what changed?' Incidentally I'm positive we'll win and the decision will have been proved correct, in regards to the team as well as the fans.

I always think its best to keep up the momentum. If results go our way then we could be top next Saturday night and then hopefully pull away. If we postponed the game and went to Tyne castle 7 behind the pressure to win would have bren huge and more often than not we've buckled under that in recent years

What has made it worse Alloa were playing on Tuesday night and won against Ayr..

This would have made even more embarrising if the game got called off.

We can't play against a Part-Time team who were playing midweek and we were not Get a Fkn grip.

:nosfa::brokensfa: