Get McCall in until the end of the season

wearethepeople1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unsure about McCall, definitely a step up from Ally, but I'm leaning towards someone with no connections coming in to really separate the shite, the average and the nots so bad players out and get them working as a team, without favourites (tu)

I'd take Stuarty though - give him 6 months as we're not getting up with McCoist and the team playing the same turgid shite every week, might aswell bin him and try something else (tu)

Get McCoist out the fuckin door and get Stuart McCall in on a 6 month deal.

We might have half a chance of winning this championship with him in charge, and he will see it as an opportunity to maybe get a full time deal If he delivers

McCoist has to go now! Before the hearts game next week

wtf he helped Scotland with one set piece... listen to yourself.... jesus wept

Howe's next job will be with an EPL club. Also, would cost a fair whack in compensation, as I think he still has 2 years left on his contract.

Pulis....you want even more route 1 football? Even the throw-ins went straight into the box with Stoke!!

Advocaat......hmmmmm. Now there's an intriguing one. Would he fancy the gig again? Can certainly spot a player! Surely a name to bring the stay away fans back too?? Just not sure he'd be willing to come with no money to spend.

wtf he helped Scotland with one set piece... listen to yourself.... jesus wept

Get a grip you fuckin balloon

Have you not see the last 3 seasons at Motherwell ?

I'm not saying he's the answer, but he Is definitely a solution until the end of the season

Folk saying about pulis etc are living in a fucking fairytale

Cracking shout, I'd have him or Billy Davies if Ally gets sacked this week. This thread asking for McCall is a complete joke :lol:

So was this 3some debacle involving Davies in a flat in Pollok a lie? Must have missed the whore being taken to court over it by Billy.Guy is lucky to get a fkn ticket let alone be mentioned as potential manager. :wanker: :hump:

When the going got tough at Motherwell he couldn't handle the pressure so he has no chance of handling it at Ibrox!

Eddie Howe is set for a big career down south. Despite us being a big club, the Scottish league is not a great pull for any young and ambitious manager.

Where do we look? How about an old head to steady the ship and get us in track for promotion with the view of looking at a younger man in the summer? Doubt Walter would be interested! Alan Curbishley has been out the game for a while but I was always really impressed with the work that he done at Charlton. Could be the type of guy we need at present!

No chance of pulis, let's put that to bed.

McCall seems to be our best option out of the names mentioned, but I'd open up and ask for applications. McCall would come in and get us playing a hell of a lot better. Regardless of a bad start to this season, his previous 3 with Motherwell were very decent. Nobody can argue he'd do a worse job? If anyone can provide me with a valid reason that McCall isn't as good as Ally I'd be frantically calling the men in white coats to swing by and pick you up (tu)

I think McCall is a good idea, simply because he can't be any worse than Ally, he'd walk away if he felt he wasn't good enough (that's called integrity Mr McCoist), he'd not cost a lot of money, and I think he was unlucky at Motherwell. Remember he did great for many seasons even although his best players were taken from him each transfer window. I think it's definitely worth it and no real risk at all.

No chance of pulis, let's put that to bed.

McCall seems to be our best option out of the names mentioned, but I'd open up and ask for applications. McCall would come in and get us playing a hell of a lot better. Regardless of a bad start to this season, his previous 3 with Motherwell were very decent. Nobody can argue he'd do a worse job? If anyone can provide me with a valid reason that McCall isn't as good as Ally I'd be frantically calling the men in white coats to swing by and pick you up (tu)

If you ignore Ally's bad results his record is great, just the same as you wanting us to ignore McCall's.

Unfortunately the only two other mamagers who would suit us just now are tied up, McLeish and Strachan.

McCall seems to have bottled it, to ruin his chances.

Davies just doesn't have the class to be Rangers manager.

Butchers credibility gone.

Advocaat, if we could afford it would be a choice, but would need a lot of persuasion and probably a big cheque book.

Even Davie Weir has struggled in management roles so far.

Any other sensible suggestions of a proven manager who knows the Scottish game and Rangers traditions and has had some European experience and success ? I'm struggling.

If you ignore Ally's bad results his record is great, just the same as you wanting us to ignore McCall's.

Thanks for massively simplifying the issue here.

McCoists record is great, including the bad results. A great win percentage, but clearly that's not enough. As we've struggled in the vast majority of those games. Mccall, being paid buttons with a team full of players being paid buttons, consistently out perform us, playing at a higher level.

The fans are staying away, as did I on Saturday, first game I've purposely missed in god knows how long, and it's down to the turgid play. We struggle even when we win, the 4-nil win last week wasn't great either, decent second half but the amount of long balls and lack of build up play was shocking. We're a rudderless ship, no idea what we do at MP.

It's all well and good youre not wanting McCall, but by association that implies you're happy with Ally? About three posters on here are the only bears I know who want him around. Any alternative would be better, I'm almost convinced of it

Thanks for massively simplifying the issue here.

McCoists record is great, including the bad results. A great win percentage, but clearly that's not enough. As we've struggled in the vast majority of those games. Mccall, being paid buttons with a team full of players being paid buttons, consistently out perform us, playing at a higher level.

The fans are staying away, as did I on Saturday, first game I've purposely missed in god knows how long, and it's down to the turgid play. We struggle even when we win, the 4-nil win last week wasn't great either, decent second half but the amount of long balls and lack of build up play was shocking. We're a rudderless ship, no idea what we do at MP.

It's all well and good youre not wanting McCall, but by association that implies you're happy with Ally? About three posters on here are the only bears I know who want him around. Any alternative would be better, I'm almost convinced of it

I'm over simplifying it but you would take any manager instead of the one we have?

If we were to play the rest of this season with 7 wins in a row, then a draw, and repeat, i would think that is acceptable. This forum would be pretty quiet for 7 games and then meltdown after the draw every time.

I'm over simplifying it but you would take any manager instead of the one we have?

If we were to play the rest of this season with 7 wins in a row, then a draw, and repeat, i would think that is acceptable. This forum would be pretty quiet for 7 games and then meltdown after the draw every time.

Yup - Any professional manager in any professional league (tu)

That's half the problem, the shortsightedness among pro Ally in supporters is staggering, I'll say it again, his record, in terms of winning games, is the best any rangers manager has had. But why do we have all these posts wanting him out? Some are drunk, pissed off after watching another turgid shite game of football and need to vent, but most, and I mean the very vast majority, have been seeing the bigger picture for years. It's not about his winning record, playing against part time teams I expect any professional outfit to win 7 games on te bounce. Minimum. I'd also expect a clear and distinct difference in performance and ability. Yet we struggle every game we play to break teams down and dictate play and have the desire to win games. It's embarrassing. He's ruined the only benefit to going to the third, the chance to develop and entertain.

Yup - Any professional manager in any professional league (tu)

That's half the problem, the shortsightedness among pro Ally in supporters is staggering, I'll say it again, his record, in terms of winning games, is the best any rangers manager has had. But why do we have all these posts wanting him out? Some are drunk, pissed off after watching another turgid shite game of football and need to vent, but most, and I mean the very vast majority, have been seeing the bigger picture for years. It's not about his winning record, playing against part time teams I expect any professional outfit to win 7 games on te bounce. Minimum. I'd also expect a clear and distinct difference in performance and ability. Yet we struggle every game we play to break teams down and dictate play and have the desire to win games. It's embarrassing. He's ruined the only benefit to going to the third, the chance to develop and entertain.

My short sightedness trumps your blinkers.

For me one of the big downers is that we play our worse football at home.

Ibrox should be almost guaranteed points but they're not,infact we are so poor,fans are walking away.

And it is an interesting point, and what causes it?

Pressure that players can't handle?

Opposition parking the bus?

Fans?