Surrender - the white flag brigade

Bluepeter9

A suspicious mind would wonder why so many people want Ally still in charge after so long.

Exactly. RST/UOF will make statements until the cows come home about the makeup of the board, which has the square root of fuck all to do with their respective aims as organisations, but they won't say a word about the laughable team manager because it's not their place? What a pile of shite.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accept that we were the better side up to the sending off, and for the remainder off the first half, what I find hard to accept is Ally's inability to influence a game, either tactically or by way of substitutions.

I also find some of the name calling and ridicule of Ally totally unacceptable, however the harsh reality is that our current manager is second best to a rookie manager on a shoestring budget.

All teams lose games, all managers have bad runs, the goods one learn and improve, the bad and mediocre get confined to history, its time Ally was history!

Don't think any fan would surrender title race this early but as posted earlier when your own manager is saying he would take promotion through play-offs it makes you think what little faith he has in his multi million wage bill squad and that was October FFS.

Ally is the biggest surrender monkey of them all.

Foster for Miller substitution summed up his entire tenure. Handed the game to Hearts without so much as a whimper.

This. (tu)

May as well have tapped Neilson on the shoulder and said, "you can press us back now, I've opted to sit back and hope."

Utterly baffling.

So RM is full of surrender - we played well against hearts until smiths tackle - and played well after for long periods as well - this league is far from over but I see a lot of our fans are chucking out the dummy along with chucking in the towel.

I know this will fall on deaf ears but now is the time to be together but some fans are hell bent on keeping turmoil going - it's almost like that's what we have become - a spoilt fan bad who would rather whinge than fight!

No one man is bigger than the Club.

Ally is the worst manager in our history. The Hearts fans were singing "super Ally" yesterday. Will it take us not to be promoted before you change your mind on him.

So RM is full of surrender - we played well against hearts until smiths tackle - and played well after for long periods as well - this league is far from over but I see a lot of our fans are chucking out the dummy along with chucking in the towel.

I know this will fall on deaf ears but now is the time to be together but some fans are hell bent on keeping turmoil going - it's almost like that's what we have become - a spoilt fan bad who would rather whinge than fight!

All of this falls on it's arse at the fact we lost the bloody game mate.

That was a must win game, at worst a "must not lose game" and we did, we lost.

Like it or not, this is a result driven business, and the losses and points dropped this season should be enough to see him sacked.

We have lost about 10k fans per week, and a huge slice of that is down to Ally and his management style, and the product on the park.

The buck stops with the management team, like it or not.

200.gif

The position we're in is not just down to yesterday, It's the 6 points dropped to Hearts,3 dropped to Hibs and 4 dropped to Alloa, 29 points from14 games is not title winning form,I'm not saying title race is over but can we really afford to drop another point ?

You support Ally McCoist but clearly don't give a shit about Rangers FC.

The ONLY thing that matters is Rangers not the overpaid buffoon who is slowly destroying us.

OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES

THis is highly unfair.

BP9 is loyal to the manager and team, If Ally is replaced, his loyalty will move onto the next manager.

There is nothing wrong with that, it's his perogative.

Who's waving the white flag? Hearts have it to throw away, its out of our hands now so this thread is a fucking pointless wind up. We are shite, it is without doubt the worst Rangers squad i have ever seen but it is one assembled under McCoist. Don't give me any pish that he had no choice in his signings, Hearts have shown him how its done but he either can't learn or won't learn. He's a football dinosaur who needs to realise he has no clue about the modern game.

All of this falls on it's arse at the fact we lost the bloody game mate.

That was a must win game, at worst a "must not lose game" and we did, we lost.

Like it or not, this is a result driven business, and the losses and points dropped this season should be enough to see him sacked.

We have lost about 10k fans per week, and a huge slice of that is down to Ally and his management style, and the product on the park.

The buck stops with the management team, like it or not.

On what planet have we 'lost about 10k fans per week'?

:lol:

On what planet have we 'lost about 10k fans per week'?

:lol:

We used to have over 40k coming to home games every other week.... we now have just over 30k turning up.

So on that planet, we have lost about 10k fans per " home game" ( i should have said home game, not per week)

We used to have over 40k coming to home games every other week.... we now have just over 30k turning up.

So on that planet, we have lost about 10k fans per " home game" ( i should have said home game, not per week)

Edit - actually never mind.

For many Supporters it seems - rightly imo - that the evidence of league results and performances this season are such that the balance of probability is firmly tipped against Rangers being good enough to win the league this season. More than that (and worse than that), not good enough even to win promotion via play offs. The Manager, coaches and entire squad do not create any impression based on performances and results so far that they are able to cope with the pressure of expectation at this stage of the season. The weight they would have to bear if it came down to play offs would be much much higher. If they are not delivering at this stage (and they aren't) then sure as hell they are not likely to deliver when it really comes to the crunch.

The league results so far and the performances going with them are every cause for concern for Supporters because if the failing Manager, failing coaches and failing squad ultimately fail to deliver on promotion this season then the greatest suffering is on the Supporters. Supporters who have spent their hard earned money supporting the failures. Supporters who travel long and far to support the failures. Supporters who have watched and listened in disbelief at the continuing wrangling over control of Rangers in such a vital season for the Club. Supporters who have watched an expensively assembled squad of players under an incredibly well paid Manager go about their business on the football pitch and fail. Supporters who are fed soundbites from the Manager and players about there being no more scope for slip ups only to then slip up again. Supporters who today are told via the Rangers website that ther were no excuses for the performance and result yesterday. And if there were no excuses then who pays the price and walks the plank as a consequence? No-one it seems. A track record of failing has taken firm hold on the players and manager and it would be a very confident supporter who concluded that these same people could turn this round and - with some help from other teams - overturn a points gap and win the league or win promotion via play offs.

The real surrender is the surrender of the Manager, Coaches and players. The surrender of a burning desire to win games. The surrender of quality of play in preference to mediocrity. The surrender of tactical nous (if much existed in the first case) to a formula of same old same old yesteryear approach to playing. The appearance of surrender of pride in managing Rangers and in playing for Rangers for the sake of Supporters in favour of just playing and taking the big wages that go with it - because saying there is no more room for slips ups and no more excuses has not been enough and is still not enough. The surrender of form - expensively paid strikers who cannot score enough goals; midfielders who have surrendered their willingness to create and hurt opposition; defenders who cannot defend properly; and managerial ineptitude in willfully playing players out of position and trying to defend the reasons for doing so when there were credible alternatives.

Unless they have other reasons such as supporting a boycott (which I dont) my guess is Supporters will still turn up to support Rangers at Ibrox but maybe not so often in some cases especially if long distance travel is involved. And maybe they support the team because that what supporters do. But maybe not with the expectation that the team will win the league or even win promotion this season. Because managed the way it is and performing the way it is the team has taken the optimism of many supporters and surrendered it to opposing teams all too often this season already.

Read that back to yourself or get someone else to read it for you. That makes absolutely no sense.

Really?

we used to have 40k + coming to Ibrox every other Saturday.

We now have about 30k coming

This equals roughly a 10k loss in fans coming through the turnstyles.

I think it might be you thats confused, possibly still pished from yesterday.

Really?

Bottom line is correct.

Really?

Just double checked that for you and It's as i remember It from school, 40 - 30 really does = 10