Sky Sources: McCoist Tenders Resignation

I would expect McCoist to be quite aware that the Board are unable to pay off his contract, which is his legal entitlement, regardless of the 'walk away for the club's sake!' that some are saying.

Clearly many are unhappy about the on-the-park performance and it is easy to see this as the only reason for Ally's decision to hand in his resignation.

However, it is very possible that there are far more fundamental issues, regarding the future of the club as a whole, that he is attempting to make the board face. Yes, the team, the results, even the division this season are deeply important. But if the manager is witnessing the stripping of the club of its people, its ethos and its future then this is quite probably his only card left to play.

That is not to say that McCoist is correct in what he is doing at whatever level. But maybe he is following his conscience in doing all that he can.

It is easy to judge him on the future of this season's football, or even on his pay-off, but these pale into significance if he is offering his resignation in order to (at least in his understanding) save the club.

The memoirs, one day, will be interesting.

I would expect McCoist to be quite aware that the Board are unable to pay off his contract, which is his legal entitlement, regardless of the 'walk away for the club's sake!' that some are saying.

Clearly many are unhappy about the on-the-park performance and it is easy to see this as the only reason for Ally's decision to hand in his resignation.

However, it is very possible that there are far more fundamental issues, regarding the future of the club as a whole, that he is attempting to make the board face. Yes, the team, the results, even the division this season are deeply important. But if the manager is witnessing the stripping of the club of its people, its ethos and its future then this is quite probably his only card left to play.

That is not to say that McCoist is correct in what he is doing at whatever level. But maybe he is following his conscience in doing all that he can.

It is easy to judge him on the future of this season's football, or even on his pay-off, but these pale into significance if he is offering his resignation in order to (at least in his understanding) save the club.

The memoirs, one day, will be interesting.

He is doing all this for the good of the club? aye right.

I hate that I think this way but it strikes me that this is a ploy from ally to deflect attention away from his ineptitude so he can get his golden handshake and still come out looking like the good guy instead of manning up, accepting his failings and walking away to allow the club to progress under a real manager!

I'm hearing Ally won't be doing the pre match interviews. Durrant or McDowell

Imo Ally will milk it tonight for all its worth playing the victim, he usually cant shut up, now when the fans want to know whats happening, not a cheep.

Team selection might be interesting.

He is doing all this for the good of the club? aye right.

The key word 'maybe' is included in what I wrote. I am not claiming to know what is going on and what I wrote is only a possibility. But it seems you are far more certain of what is going on. Care to share your source?