What Happens When He Finally Walks Away?

McCoist retires early to his garden in the Algarve. What then happens. Who picks the team?

Durrant? Miller or McCullough? Or a Ashley stool, like Denis Wise?

I can't say that I am overly enamoured by any of those cherries.

Trying to appoint a manager already in employment will take time. It took Hibs about a month to appoint Stubbs after Butcher was sent to dibble in his yardie. But that was pre-season.

Look at the time it has taken Motherwell and St Mirren.

What manager is currently out of a job and would come in at short notice? Terry Butcher and/or Stuart McCall?

Whoever is privileged enough to be appointed Manager what happens is we spend the next 2 or 3 seasons rebuilding from near scratch to build a team to win the Championship and who get used to playing at Ibrox (if we can keep Ibrox) in front of a couple of thousand fans every other week until the prospect of winning promotion becomes a serious prospect.

He goes off for a break and will return to ITV. He did the Scotland England game a few weeks back.

We will get a cheap manager in who won't please the fans initially but should go ok and much better than Ally.

I'm more worried about the squad. 12 out of contract and I would let them all go but no money to replace. Sickening.

McCoist retires early to his garden in the Algarve. What then happens. Who picks the team?

Trying to appoint a manager already in employment will take time. It took Hibs about a month to appoint Stubbs after Butcher was sent to dibble in his yardie. But that was pre-season.

What manager is currently out of a job and would come in at short notice? Terry Butcher and/or Stuart McCall?

An Ashley stool?that's fucking disgusting.

Butcher left acrimoniously and has bad mouthed us to the press so no

Stuart McCall and indeed Butcher former player would that not reek of the old pals act again?

And McCall quit when the going got tough( and Rangers wont be a cakewalk by any means) will he have the mental fortitude to ride it out?

A respected and proven manager is required...not necessarily with any links to Rangers.

Stuart McCall and indeed Butcher former player would that not reek of the old pals act again?

And McCall quit when the going got tough( and Rangers wont be a cakewalk by any means) will he have the mental fortitude to ride it out?

A respected and proven manager is required...not necessarily with any links to Rangers.

Tony Pulis.

Whoever is privileged enough to be appointed Manager what happens is we spend the next 2 or 3 seasons rebuilding from near scratch to build a team to win the Championship and who get used to playing at Ibrox (if we can keep Ibrox) in front of a couple of thousand fans every other week until the prospect of winning promotion becomes a serious prospect.

I agree that we need to start again but I think as long as any new manager tries to play good football the crowds will come back regardless of the league. It's the shocking football that has primarily led to the fall in attendances.

Isn't one of the biggest problems with McCoist the fact that when the going got tough he's stayed on despite what everyone else can clearly see. McCall left with his dignity intact as he realised he'd done what he could and was no longer capable of matching expectations.

I agree though that the former rangers players should count for nothing, we need applications as you never know who would be interested.

First things first we need the deadwood out, preferably without paying a penny.....fingers crossed.

Peter Beardsley takes over on a temporary basis in January along with loan signings from Newcastle. My good friend down in Newcastle firmly believes this is the case. Is this what Ally got wind of and digging his heels in the ground over ? Who knows time will tell.

Tony Pulis.

I might be wrong but I think it's reported he got a £1m plus bonus for keeping palace in the premier league added to the kind of wages he wants & given the clubs financial position his probable demands make him a pipe dream surely ?

That's not to downplay the obvious attractions of the club itself but a side that's not in the top flight and can't get close to his wage demands would make it seem so unlikely to me especially when the first club to sack its manager in the prem will probably be throwing similar fortunes at him .

Peter Beardsley takes over on a temporary basis in January along with loan signings from Newcastle. My good friend down in Newcastle firmly believes this is the case. Is this what Ally got wind of and digging his heels in the ground over ? Who knows time will tell.

Has he ever been a Manager outwith under 21s?

Job for the Boys Newcastle style

Billy Davies would last about 3 weeks with this board before a bust-up and being sacked or walking, Terry butcher has done nothing but bad mouth the club for years and Stuart McCall struggled to cope with the pressure of being Motherwell manager. Not to mention this squad is likely to be weaker not stronger in the Jan window cause if we don't get short term funding in Wallace and Lewis Macleod will be sold to the first club that offers any kind of money for them.

Would rather have Pat Butcher.

We should advertise the position right now and see who applies, put Larry, Curly and Moe on gardening leave and let Lee Wallace and Jig run the team as player/managers, both have/are doing their badges and it saves an extra wage.

In fact let Lee be the player coach, Jig can hang up his boots.

Has he ever been a Manager outwith under 21s?

Job for the Boys Newcastle style

I dont think he has closest he came was assistant in the England set up. Maybe some truth in all of it as the players that would come on loan work with Beardsley. There all on the payroll and wouldn't cost a penny to the club. Ashley will like the fact that he won't need to spend a penny to get a good return on his investment in us.

is he not a rancid bhegger?