Ashley could own Rangers within weeks (Telegraph)

pcbear

How do we know its been well run?

Im saying the guys not a good businessman, because hes worth over £1.5 billion. But if you go into a sports direct, you can quite clearly see the business model.

3.7 billion, and his Sports Direct Empire is making money hand over fist, seem not a bad model to me, take Ashley away and who is left? all our fabled "Rangers men" have poked their collective noses in,kicked the tyres then fucked off offering zilch.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But in doing so in my eyes, this will only lead to a successful Rangers. If his plans are to use us as an advertising wing of Sports Direct and his other business', then surely this can only be done with a Rangers dominant in the Scottish game and having an impact within Europe.

Also he will not let us loose money as we have been doing and will do what is neccessary to make sure we stay afloat and loose this stigma of only ever being a day a way of going out of business once and for all.

Shroud business is the footballing world these days.

Stop tempting fate.

Seriously though, go and ask Newcastle fans what they think of Ashley since they're in a far better position to be able to judge the guy.

3.7 billion, and his Sports Direct Empire is making money hand over fist, seem not a bad model to me, take Ashley away and who is left? all our fabled "Rangers men" have poked their collective noses in,kicked the tyres then fucked off offering zilch.

Aye but how's he making it? By being a prize cunt towards his employees and by selling old tat knocked up in sweat shops for fuck all and making someone else make up the short fall on reduced items. Like making us pay for discounted Rangers merchandise.

From the article: "Ashley plans to use Rangers as a branding vehicle for his sportswear chain Sports Direct"

You would love to see this, aye?

I despair at times.

If Ashleys sole goal was that a doubt he wouldve handed back the stadiums naming rights? A believe he will benefit out his dealings with us but for him to maximise his cash surely we have to be successful and fans on side. Folk like him are ruthless and thrive on coming out on top. A reckon big Mike will be looking at scottish football and laughin this is an easy win for him. A think he can use the change down the side of his sofa to wipe the floor in Scotland

If Ashleys sole goal was that a doubt he wouldve handed back the stadiums naming rights? A believe he will benefit out his dealings with us but for him to maximise his cash surely we have to be successful and fans on side. Folk like him are ruthless and thrive on coming out on top. A reckon big Mike will be looking at scottish football and laughin this is an easy win for him. A think he can use the change down the side of his sofa to wipe the floor in Scotland

Ashley's interest in Rangers equates to Ashley first. And always will.

Not good enough by any measure.

Ask the Newcastle fans..?

I have looked around and it´s a kind of lesson in illusions of grandeur.. We might dismiss the fairly comical stuff like how they claim that "toon" is a club in the same size as Arsenal and Liverpool and ought to be able to compete with them on equal terms.

We might just shake our heads at claims that Mike Ashley simply puts the TV-money in his own pockets and refuse to spend anything on the team.

But the prevailing impression is that they will never forgive him for sacking their local heroes when they where managers.

Ashley on the other hand will never forgive them for the death threats towards his family and don´t pay them any attention at all nowadays.

But the fact remains that the fans still flock to watch the team and it´s a very profitable club.

Ask the Newcastle fans..?

I have looked around and it´s a kind of lesson in illusions of grandeur.. We might dismiss the fairly comical stuff like how they claim that "toon" is a club in the same size as Arsenal and Liverpool and ought to be able to compete with them on equal terms.

We might just shake our heads at claims that Mike Ashley simply puts the TV-money in his own pockets and refuse to spend anything on the team.

But the prevailing impression is that they will never forgive him for sacking their local heroes when they where managers.

Ashley on the other hand will never forgive them for the death threats towards his family and don´t pay them any attention at all nowadays.

But the fact remains that the fans still flock to watch the team and it´s a very profitable club.

Might as well be asking the taigs why they haven't won 400 European cups, you'll get the same response.

I think we need a single person to take control of the Club. All this decision by committee we have experienced over the last few years is open to abuse to those who want to line their pockets and results in endless infighting.

Is Ashley the man to do it? That's for him to prove. Keeping us in the dark as he has so far is not a good start. We need to know how he plans to develop the Club.

But for him to be successful then rangers have to be successful too...

your right mate.he fucks us about sports direct will not sell any rangers products.plus he wants rangers back in europe to get sports direct advertised over the world.he could make millions through shirt sales of other clubs alone with the the exposure rangers would get sports direct,even ashley needs the mighty rangers to make a name for himself lol.all about Rangers watp.

your right mate.he fucks us about sports direct will not sell any rangers products.plus he wants rangers back in europe to get sports direct advertised over the world.he could make millions through shirt sales of other clubs alone with the the exposure rangers would get sports direct,even ashley needs the mighty rangers to make a name for himself lol.all about Rangers watp.

Naw, you're right. He's doing all this for the few quid he makes flogging Rangers gear :lol:

Why would he need any more. <cr>

Media speculation amidst chaos. Not just any old chaotic situation. Its an ongoing and deepening Rangers chaos. Chaos at a level where taking a firm grip to lead the Club out of chaos and away from the risk of financial oblivion would be a skill and a half. A skillset I've not seen yet from anyone on the scene or on the silent(ish) verges of the scene at Ibrox.

A problem (at least for me anyway) on the Ashley involvement is his intentions, plans, proposals are not known. Yes we have the evidence of loans. Yes he has his man on the Board. Yes we have the evidence of cuts being applied - more ruthlessly that the efforts of previous highly paid executives. Yes we know is level of shareholding.

But surely, surely the paucity of information about his intentions for Rangers must end soon. It takes on the appearance of jigsaw pieces but not knowing what sort of picture he sees for Rangers. Or a sort of no-mans-land where it is not clear if he is going forward with Rangers and if so to what end, or going to go back to the football trenches at Newcastle and with such a reversal taking the prospect of his financial benefit and influence with him. That surely cannot continue for much longer.

The chaos at Rangers could risk spinning so out of control and into much greater destruction if the influential people at Rangers just apparently sit on their hands and wait and see. If Ashley (or King or anyone else of financial influence for that matter) has credible tangible plans and proposals to lift Rangers out of this mess and onto a more stable pathway of recovery on and off the field I would dearly like to see their proposals. To be really credible they would need to carry not just shareholders but also the majority of the Support. We are the ones who have suffered most in all of this (and equalled in suffering by those at Rangers who have been made redundant while others much less worthy have walked away with full saddle bags).

The AGM provides a suitable platform for those who have a plan and who are ready, able and willing to implement it having sought to win the support of the Support. Who will stand up to the plate, or are we to continue a while longer on the road of hellish chaos.

This is a snippet from Newcastles 2013 financial report. What i will say is reading the report, hes got them running pretty good. Revenues up, profits are up, but this 1 part set alarm bells ringing for me.

'While Newcastle United's use of its overdraft facility stood at £4.5million on 30th June 2013 - up from just £0.3million, the Club's debt remains static in the form of a £129million interest-free loan from owner Mike Ashley.'

This is a snippet from Newcastles 2013 financial report. What i will say is reading the report, hes got them running pretty good. Revenues up, profits are up, but this 1 part set alarm bells ringing for me.

'While Newcastle United's use of its overdraft facility stood at £4.5million on 30th June 2013 - up from just £0.3million, the Club's debt remains static in the form of a £129million interest-free loan from owner Mike Ashley.'

The loan he took on which was being paid to the bank with interest rates crippling the club, before he bought them?

Someone offering me an interest free loan would do a lot of things, but set my alarm bells ringing would not be one of them mate.

The loan he took on which was being paid to the bank with interest rates crippling the club, before he bought them?

Someone offering me an interest free loan would do a lot of things, but set my alarm bells ringing would not be one of them mate.

So what happens if he takes ill and passes away. Newcastle would owe who'evers in his will £129 million. That person might just want paid there and then.

At least if you owe a bank you get the security.

So what happens if he takes ill and passes away. Newcastle would owe who'evers in his will £129 million. That person might just want paid there and then.

At least if you owe a bank you get the security.

I guess I just see it differently than you then mate.

Because if some rich busisness man offered me an interest free loan to cover my debts, I would probably take it.

Them possibly dying would most likely not even enter my head as a realistic thought process too be honest.

How do you know there isnt a security on his lian to them?

I dont, and its a fair point to make. But would we not be better owing a regulated bank money, rather than one guy who hasnt had any link to the club in the past.

I suppose alot of us are just worried about the guys true intentions for Rangers is.