Rino Set To Take Over Rangers?

JamieG54

FOOTBALL

REVEALED: Rino Gattuso is set to take charge at Rangers following Ally McCoist resignation. (AC MILAN and Italy legend Rino Gattuso is closing in on a return to Rangers following the resignation of Ally McCoist)

Rino Gattuso has been backed to take over from Ally McCoist at Rangers

According to Tuttomercatoweb, the former Gers star is favourite to take the reigns at Ibrox following the shock revelation.

The Scottish club notified the Stock Exchange about their manager's departure this morning, although McCoist will continue to take charge of first-team proceedings after being given a wage increase.

Gattuso joined Rangers in 1997 at the age of 19, making 51 appearances under both Walter Smith and Dick Advocaat.

The midfielder took to the field 468 times during his stay at the San Siro, and after having managerial roles at Sion, Palermo and OFI Crete, the 36-year-old is ready to return to Glasgow in order to lead Rangers back into the Scottish Premiership.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FOOTBALL

REVEALED: Rino Gattuso is set to take charge at Rangers following Ally McCoist resignation. (AC MILAN and Italy legend Rino Gattuso is closing in on a return to Rangers following the resignation of Ally McCoist)

According to Tuttomercatoweb, the former Gers star is favourite to take the reigns at Ibrox following the shock revelation.

The Scottish club notified the Stock Exchange about their manager's departure this morning, although McCoist will continue to take charge of first-team proceedings after being given a wage increase.

Gattuso joined Rangers in 1997 at the age of 19, making 51 appearances under both Walter Smith and Dick Advocaat.

The midfielder took to the field 468 times during his stay at the San Siro, and after having managerial roles at Sion, Palermo and OFI Crete, the 36-year-old is ready to return to Glasgow in order to lead Rangers back into the Scottish Premiership.

The fuck is that?????

ESCLUSIVA TMW - Rangers, McCoist dimissionario. Gattuso candidato

15.12.2014 17.27 di Gaetano Mocciaro

Secondo quanto appreso daTuttomercatoweb Rino Gattuso potrebbe tornare ai Rangers. Dopo esser stato vicinissimo nell'estate 2012 (affare sfumato a causa dei problemi societari dei Gers, poi falliti), l'attuale tecnico dell'OFI Creta è in pole position per succedere ad Ally Mc Coist, leggenda nonché tecnico dimissionario della gloriosa squadra di Glasgow, attualmente secondo in classifica nella Seconda divisione scozzese, con 9 punti di distacco dagli Hearts.

FOOTBALL

According to Tuttomercatoweb, the former Gers star is favourite to take the reigns at Ibrox following the shock revelation.

Repost mate http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=277106

Gennaro 'Rino' Gattuso has admitted he wants to be the next manager of Rangers after the Ibrox club finally confirmed Ally McCoist is working a 12-month notice period.

The Italian World Cup winner spent a short spell in Glasgow in the late 1990s as a teenager before moving on to Salernitana then AC Milan.

The 36-year-old revealed: ‘My wife is from Glasgow but the main reason to want to go there is because Rangers is a big team with big stories.

‘Believe me, the priority would not be my family. It would be the job and the chance to work for a big club which is in my heart. There are many reasons, not just my family.’

Currently in charge of OFI Crete, Gattuso claims he tried to quit the Greek side in October because he felt his players didn’t believe in him but changed his mind 24 hours later after talks with fans. The Heraklion-based side currently lies a lowly 15th in the Super League after a 2-0 defeat at Panionios on Sunday.

‘Two years ago I started as a manager at Sion and now I am carrying on my time in football in Heraklion,’ he continued

‘My situation at Crete is not simple. I wanted to leave but the fans would not let me go and that is okay.

‘I only played for a year and a half at Rangers but it was a big pleasure to do that so, of course, I would be interested in the job there.’

Gattuso is thought to be one of a few options the Ibrox board is considering.

McCoist tendered his resignation on Thursday, although the news was leaked just a few hours before a 2-0 defeat to Queen of the South on Friday night.

After three days of silence in Govan, the club confirmed the move in a statement to the London Stock Exchange on Monday morning

In all seriousness, I'd take him as a coach for sure but another gamble as manager is not what we need IMO, who knows he could really come into his own here but his track record makes him seem not worth the punt, yet anyway.

Too much of a gamble IMO monk