Walk Out Protest At The Rangers vs Celtic Game at Hampden.

Dunny_01

It's also worth pointing out the embarrassment we suffered last time we tried to boycott a cup game against Dundee United. The majority of fans wanted a boycott, Charles Green the CEO endorsed it and asked fans to stay away, yet people still went. No matter how good your argument for a boycott is you'll always get people who want to go to the game anyway. We couldn't arrange a boycott even if we tried so let's not embarrass ourselves again and just forget the whole idea.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The time to boycott was when we were still in the SPL. We should've boycotted the game at Celtic Park. Not just the fans but the team shouldn't have even turned up. That would have let Sky Sports know that Scottish football without the Old Firm game would be like. What did turning up that day achieve anyway? We got pumped 3-0, fined, kicked out the league, and the SPL got their new TV deal a few months later.

While I agree to boycotts in principal our support is just too fractured to pull it off.

I think there should be an official Walkout....(edited from boycott as dispise that term too now ) in light of the SPFL scumbags.

They are getting a sponsor on back of this game, well I think we should do everything to ruin the game, As in ......

GO to the game and right on whistle everyone leave and Leave a banner behind for the world to see.

Early morning threads are not my specIality but I have had enough with Scottish Football once and for all!! just as they want it!!!

I think there should be an official Walkout....(edited from boycott as dispise that term too now ) in light of the SPFL scumbags.

They are getting a sponsor on back of this game, well I think we should do everything to ruin the game, As in ......

GO to the game and right on whistle everyone leave and Leave a banner behind for the world to see.

Early morning threads are not my specIality but I have had enough with Scottish Football once and for all!! just as they want it!!!

I understand how you feel Dunny. But i would go 1 step further and say . Thats it enough is enough.Wee have to unite and somehow get us out of this league.Dont know how but wee have to get to England somehow.

Mate, I think this will help the big wigs more than anything.

The ticket money will already have been paid and any mass walk out would bring even more attention to the match, sponsors would be delighted with all the clips and soundbites being played on TV while their name etc is mentioned.

The most unrealistic thread ever.

It's been years of constant pish and I agree with the hatred towards the spfl etc. However come the 1st of febuary I will be waking up and not giving boycotts boardrooms or ebts a single thought. Only thing in my mind will be getting to the game, booze, bigotry, and hopefully beating these f***** b*******

Dress it up as a protest against our own and you'll get a more enthusiastic response.

Ano mate crazy,

but its all about Opinions, Obviously not as big a deal as i thought it was....

Sometimes ye wish u didnt start threads like this, I reacted early doors when it hit LSE ..

After paying for your ticket show up and leave at kick off?

Good one, the spfl will have what they wanted, money and will piss themselves laughing.

The only people this idea would affect would be a team with little support in arguably the biggest game since we were demoted.

If you read my post mate it says WE BUY THE TICKETS and then walkout with the eyes of the world watching.

Theres no point in not taking tickets, like another boy said would be a home game for them.

IF WE CAN ORGANISE 15,000 to walk to hampden we can organise 15,000 to walk out of Hampden and would do the semi final grand piece showcase alot of damage.

I don't see how it would, actually I can imagine it would make things better for the sponsors. Imagine the headlines, with the sponsors name printed all over it. We would have to buy tickets - they get their money, they get folk watching the game - they get their money, a large walkout - they get more money due to the media coverage of it.

The only way you can truly hurt them is for the club to refuse to play the game and give the result to the scum, and that is not going to happen.