The rebel says Billy Davies will be new manager

MacBoyd

Your question was answered.

It may be a school thing, but my understanding off answering is clearly different from yours.

But to clarify how would some one be able to demonstrate their "unconditional love" of Rangers to meet your definition and requirements?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Drifting off topic somewhat!

Davies would certainly be a manager that ticks a few boxes, ambitious, organised and knows what he wants...and he's available and a Rangers man Pretty discipline minded too from all accounts which is what we need right now. Whenther it would be long term or not I'm not so sure, but if we're to get out of this division, then he's as good a bet as any to take us there.

Davies is a far, far better option than McCoist. He is also a better option than Butcher and McCall. I can't think of anyone we could get for free who would be a better option.

And for those saying we should have Davies until the end of the season and continue to invite applicants and bring in someone long term after the season.......What makes you thinmk Davies would accept a 6 month contract now only to be dumped in May?

It may be a school thing, but my understanding off answering is clearly different from yours.

But to clarify how would some one be able to demonstrate their "unconditional love" of Rangers to meet your definition and requirements?

It may be a school thing, but I know the difference between ' of ' and ' off '

But I think it's fair to say there are more dullards on here than your average Rangers forum.

Quite an opinion to have after 26 posts! You must do alot of reading and not alot of talking, maybe you should go back to that!

I do not think Davies is the man to take any club forward; a meticulous manager in the mould of Craig Brown ( game is won on the whiteboard not on the park).

A manager more concerned with not losing rather than looking to win as his record shows, the ultimate nearly man who when he eventually scraped into the top division managed to create an unenviable set of records; low scoring low points attained.

Then there is his history with every board and chairmen who has employed him and I certainly would not trust him football wise or otherwise.

just not sufficiently enough to articulate an answer

Your question was answered.

Sorry if you struggle to understand the meaning of the most basic of words.

Suppose you could google it or something.... now there's a thought. :)

No wonder our support is as fractured with opinions like that. We all have something in common, we're Rangers fans, does that not count for anything any more?

Not any more mate unfortunately...it's sad. It used to mean something, a common respect if you like.

One of the unfortunate side effects of what has happened to our club is the realisation that being a Rangers fans does not preclude you from being a wank, cunt or indeed imbecile. Shouldn't be a surprise as in many cases Rangers is the only thing many of us have in common, we can't agree on what is best for the club at the most basic levels. There are now many things "wrong" with our fractured fan base as I said its very very sad...beyond repair? Perhaps!

The only consolation I take is that the vast majority have the club at heart regardless of how misguided and misled they appear to be.

I would be happy to take Daives on a temporary basis until the end of the season and then review where we are as a club and make a long term decision on the whole football management structure then.

What makes you think Davies would take a 6 month contract?

Maybe the fact he's sitting on his arse doing nothing and would love the chance to turn things around and always be remembered as the guy who pulled us over the last hurdle.

Only to be replaced in the summer?

There is no chance Davies will accept a 6 month contract! All these 'Rangers' men who we expect to bend over backwards for the club because of their 'love for Rangers' have families to feed and lives to live the same as you and me and as McCoist is proving right now all of that comes before the club. If anyone thinks Davies will sign a 6 month contract they are kidding themselves on, and if he does i'll eat someones hat!