MacBoyd

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Only to be replaced in the summer?

There is no chance Davies will accept a 6 month contract! All these 'Rangers' men who we expect to bend over backwards for the club because of their 'love for Rangers' have families to feed and lives to live the same as you and me and as McCoist is proving right now all of that comes before the club. If anyone thinks Davies will sign a 6 month contract they are kidding themselves on, and if he does i'll eat someones hat!

Maybe they would throw in an option of a 1 year extension if he does get us up into the top flight.

Only to be replaced in the summer?

There is no chance Davies will accept a 6 month contract! All these 'Rangers' men who we expect to bend over backwards for the club because of their 'love for Rangers' have families to feed and lives to live the same as you and me and as McCoist is proving right now all of that comes before the club. If anyone thinks Davies will sign a 6 month contract they are kidding themselves on, and if he does i'll eat someones hat!

Makes me wonder why these managers can't have a probation period like most jobs?

You start the job, you're assessed after 3 to 6 months and if you're not up to it, you get a month's salary and move on.

Paying anyone a year's salary for failure to get him out is just daft.

Thing is, changing the Manager won't make the slightest difference. It's a bit like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Davis is a wank and things on the park won't improve greatly under him.

Until we get rid of the current regime the agony is set to continue.

Get your king-a-ling specs off.

Of course changing the manager will make a huge difference.

Whatever you or anyone else thinks of this or previous boards they have invested hugely in the football side of things given our position. Probably too much in fact.

All of that investment has been spunked away by the current imposter in the dugout to win two part time leagues against postmen and plumbers and leave us with fuck-all football infrastructure for the future.

Makes me wonder why these managers can't have a probation period like most jobs?

You start the job, you're assessed after 3 to 6 months and if you're not up to it, you get a month's salary and move on.

Paying anyone a year's salary for failure to get him out is just daft.

I agree, in any other line of work you'd be sacked.

From Davies point of view, if we offer him a 6 month deal it doesn't really show him that we want him as manager! Albeit he's not in work but if we really want him as manager then offering him a 6 month contract isn't the way of showing it.

I agree, in any other line of work you'd be sacked.

From Davies point of view, if we offer him a 6 month deal it doesn't really show him that we want him as manager! Albeit he's not in work but if we really want him as manager then offering him a 6 month contract isn't the way of showing it.

Well, I guess we could offer a rolling one year contract but negotiate a lower severance package?

Get your king-a-ling specs off.

Of course changing the manager will make a huge difference.

Whatever you or anyone else thinks of this or previous boards they have invested hugely in the football side of things given our position. Probably too much in fact.

All of that investment has been spunked away by the current imposter in the dugout to win two part time leagues against postmen and plumbers and leave us with fuck-all football infrastructure for the future.

Of course we all hope there will be a massive improvement, generally there always is for a few games at least. We need to remember it's still the same lazy, under-performing, dis-interested, overpaid imposters on the park. All we can hope is they are organised a little better or the that Ally is indeed wrong about the loaned out youth players and they can be recalled and step up.

As unlikely as it is a six month deal might actually work for Davies too.

His reputation down South is damaged after the carry on he held at Forest the second time around.

If he comes here, does well improves results and gets us promoted but ultimately decides he can't work in the current environment then he will have probably done enough to get himself another gig in England off the back of it.

Very happy if true. Billy Davis will do is a turn.

All these people knocking Davis, Why?

Who is better in the position we are in? Forget McCall and McInnes don't think either are up to it just like I never thought Ally was up to it.

But whoever gets the job they will have my backing, Billy Davis may be a Rangers man but that is not the reason why he should get the job, Like most bears, we keep a close eye on our own and I have been impressed with him in the championship, he has done well consistently, not just the odd season.

Win ratios of managers (from wikipedia):

Billy Davies: 40.71%

Stuart McCall: 38.51%

Terry Butcher: 35.60%

Rino Gattusso: 31.43%

Dennis Wise: 47.47%

Tim Sherwood: 50.0%

Derek McInnes: 41.46%

As a comparison:

Walter Smith: 57.05%

Alex McCleish: 45.92%

Dick Advocaat: 54.52%

Paul Le Guen: 47.51%

Graeme Souness: 49.32%

Win ratios of managers (from wikipedia):

Billy Davies: 40.71%

Stuart McCall: 38.51%

Terry Butcher: 35.60%

Rino Gattusso: 31.43%

Dennis Wise: 47.47%

Tim Sherwood: 50.0%

Derek McInnes: 41.46%

As a comparison:

Walter Smith: 57.05%

Alex McCleish: 45.92%

Dick Advocaat: 54.52%

Paul Le Guen: 47.51%

Graeme Souness: 49.32%

Better put Ally's win record against part time hammer throwers before the fan boys start!