Will a new manager change the atmosphere at rangers

Rangers Raider

Stops there. Picks up some guilty passengers on the way though.

The players cant be proud of the way they have performed either, This squads spent too much time running stories about how this defeat will motivate them but it never does.

I don't think you can call it anti-Ally since I my doubts about his abilities as far back as Smith giving the Leage Cup team selections to McCoist.

Edit: Just for info I grew up in the nineties and idolised McCoist even more so than Laudrup, Gazza, Albertz etc. The one thing that always struck me about McCoist was that he was always too pally to be a manager and would lack the ability to give the guys a kick up the arse when required (his statement about not being in the dressing room much just backs this up its like leaving a classroom full of kids unattended....you think they will carry on working?). As I say I idolised McCoist but never thought he'd be a good manager. I wanted change since the start of last season but his recent behaviour has led to me having an agenda with the man as well as the manager.

Anyway, back to my point about the players who were a success previously:

Boyd - 22 goals in 37 games for Kilmarnock last season, recalled to Scotland squad and player of the year nomination

Law - Named in SPL team of the year 2012-13, March player of the month although one of the better players signed by McCoist he struggles to maintain his form.

Templeton - Played very well in Division 3 and then has fallen out of favour. Any appearances are fleeting and never manages to perform that well off the bench or from a starting berth. The lad has natural ability so has this just magically disappeared?

Clark - 32 goals in 36 games in his last season with QoS. How could he have been expected to continue to progress without playing. Now he is sidelined this year behind Boyd, Miller and Daly.

Shiels - Nominated for 2011-12 player of the year and won the leageu cup with Kilmarnock, scoring 13 goals in 35 games in the process. Started off brightly in Division 3 but again now seems disillusioned when played and always played out of position.

We could look at others like Miller who had been successful but probably a comination of his age and the management now struggles to perform.

Granted there were a few good signings however just look at the decline of someone like Lee Wallace.

The players cant be proud of the way they have performed either, This squads spent too much time running stories about how this defeat will motivate them but it never does.

Spot on, countless times its all talk as if its part of the job to appease the masses.

Don't get me wrong I know the players have been appalling however I still don't think the players are the ones who decide the type of football to play. In fairness the club is rotten t the moment from the board all the way to the pitch. No leadership on or off the pitch and that has to change.

I don't think you can call it anti-Ally since I my doubts about his abilities as far back as Smith giving the Leage Cup team selections to McCoist.

Anyway, back to my point about the players who were a success previously:

Boyd - 22 goals in 37 games for Kilmarnock last season, recalled to Scotland squad and player of the year nomination

Law - Named in SPL team of the year 2012-13, March player of the month although one of the better players signed by McCoist he struggles to maintain his form.

Templeton - Played very well in Division 3 and then has fallen out of favour. Any appearances are fleeting and never manages to perform that well off the bench or from a starting berth. The lad has natural ability so has this just magically disappeared?

Clark - 32 goals in 36 games in his last season with QoS. How could he have been expected to continue to progress without playing. Now he is sidelined this year behind Boyd, Miller and Daly.

Shiels - Nominated for 2011-12 player of the year and won the leageu cup with Kilmarnock, scoring 13 goals in 35 games in the process. Started off brightly in Division 3 but again now seems disillusioned when played and always played out of position.

We could look at others like Miller who had been successful but probably a comination of his age and the management now struggles to perform.

Granted there were a few good signings however just look at the decline of someone like Lee Wallace.

Good points, well raised.

For me though, in regards to Law, Clark and DdB these guys in particular had one good season, IMO. Temps is just inconsistent. Always has been, always will be. Boyd is an enigma, people cite how many goals he got last season, but how many chances and one on ones has he missed this season? He's an enigma atm.

Good points, well raised.

For me though, in regards to Law, Clark and DdB these guys in particular had one good season, IMO. Temps is just inconsistent. Always has been, always will be. Boyd is an enigma, people cite how many goals he got last season, but how many chances and one on ones has he missed this season? He's an enigma atm.

True, one good season doesn't make a good player however I'd say the level they are all performing this year would suggest they have regressed somewhat.

Totally agree about Boyd though, I don't think I can blame the management for his inability to finish off the one on ones that he would have done in his sleep in previous years. His contribution in his first stint was always questionable but not his ability to finish in or around the box but this season its been a totally different story. As with all strikers confidence plays a huge part in this and a good manager will be able to instill some confidence in a player but they have to be able to read the man to know whether they need an arm around the shoulder, a stern talking to, one to one extra training or being dropped etc.

My problem is that I feel the current squad has become overly complacent both in terms of getting results because they play for Rangers but also with regards to being selected. There is no fear from the likes of Law or Black that if they play poorly they won't see the first team for a few weeks until they show in traning they are up for the challenge. So to them its acceptable that they play this way and playing them further reinforcing the poor attitude.

I've said before if the likes of Black got dropped for a Hutton or a Crawford for a few weeks that it would show whether they were up to playing for Rangers or not. Now in Black's case I think he would either spit the dummy out or would just take his wages happily, however perhaps Law would show more desire and determination. As an earlier post stated the players keep coming out to the media saying a performance was unacceptable and we'll turn it around, they might win a game or two before the next poor results. I really think we need a big shake up with regards to formation, team selection, playing approach, training regimes and man management. I feel this can only come from McCoist no longer being in charge.

When I watch us playing shite football and getting bossed about by part time teams and the 3 amigos standing there with their arms folded saying fuck all I can only think that any change to the coaching set up can only improve things

Having seen bottom tier coaches out fox mccoist tactically I can't fucking wait for a new manager . Someone with fresh ideas will re energise the players I have no doubt

Surely we will win the knock out games to be promoted. Surely to fuck

Given the performance against QoS last week and Hibs at Ibrox earlier in the season and given they are both in the play-off position if we play the way we are at the moment I think there is every reason to fear a) finishing in the top 4 anyway and b) being able to win the big matches to make the Premiership

Given the performance against QoS last week and Hibs at Ibrox earlier in the season and given they are both in the play-off position if we play the way we are at the moment I think there is every reason to fear a) finishing in the top 4 anyway and b) being able to win the big matches to make the Premiership

And let's say me do get promoted to the top level

Where is everyne expecting us to finish in the spl ?

I started a tread last week asking the same thing, "what will the reaction be" but I still home sky believe that whoever came in it would have been positive from the players point of view. They I'm itself pains me as I feel they should have done more for Ally but all said and done change is now a must.

Rangers raider that is a great point however I heard from a great friend that the pupils manager has more tactical knowledge than Ally so he had to go. My friend said sat would be Allys last game and he was spot on. He says the new Rangers boss will not be a gers man. You heard it here first.

MacBoyd

Don't think Ally will be working on his garden it's just a name for it. There will be very little to no growth at this time of year. So unless he is putting down slabs it's a stupid remark raider.

I agree we need a new man now but it won't happen if ally doesn't leave with nothing. We must get behind mcdowell. Hopefully he changes the team and tactics dramatically

Don't think Ally will be working on his garden it's just a name for it. There will be very little to no growth at this time of year. So unless he is putting down slabs it's a stupid remark raider.

I agree we need a new man now but it won't happen if ally doesn't leave with nothing. We must get behind mcdowell. Hopefully he changes the team and tactics dramatically

A lot of people think that ally should leave the club now but I am not sure if that will change the atmosphere in the dressing room because it seems the players aren't playing for a team there playing for a great wage. Ally is a rangers legend & he can't motivate the players who can?

I don't think it is just the dressing room atmosphere that needs to change but rather the whoel cutlrue at the club.

We need to get the spirit of playign for the jersey back in anyone who either joins the lcub or progresses through the youth system.

Kevin Kyle's article on the BBC last week was very telling about the culture presently at the club with many of our players being described as "only here for the money". Now as fans we may well say that we would play for free for the honour of representing our club and, whilst a great sentiment, we have to appreciate that players need to make a living form their profession. However, where money is the dirvign factor as opposed to any desire to represent our club athen there is somethign far far wrong.

Somers, Llambis, etc al have been critic ised for the cuts that are being made but for the duraiton of my lifetime we are a club who have lived mostly beyond its means under Murray (who's own empire has fallen like a house of cards) and Whyte (the imposter). We then entered administraiton and liquidation and nothing seemsed to change about how we operated as a business.

For me we are almost a few steps backwards than where we were when liquidation happened. I do however believe that we have an opportuniy now with a real businessman lookignt o take control of the club and the opportunity to bring in a proper manager and coaching team. With that in place we can then look to have a much more positiuve, club focused culture and finally close the door on the money grabbing attitude we have seen both on and off the park