Rip Jak Trueman. Farewell, Bud.

OlegKuznetsov

From facebook...

"£50075-Wow! Thank you everyone. Please keep raising funds for Leukaemia and Lymphoma research, but Jak wanted me to announce after his passing news of Team Jak and his dreams we will realise for him.

Jak's Den will be a purpose built building incorporating the following all requested by Jak last week-

• counselling/quiet rooms and fully qualified counsellors for siblings/ families and any other child/ teen requiring counselling
  • a LOUD room for anyone wanting to go in and make as Much noise as possible ( in Jaks words cos his sister's Loud lol)
  • halls for Star Harmonies for singing dance and drama as this was our family business which Jak did sound, light and backstage for
  • halls will also be used for sports parties and indoor kids footy as again Jak had planned on adding a sports side to Stsr Harmonies when he qualified
  • a cafe for cancer sufferers and neutropenic folks who can't eat out in public for fear of infection which will be sterile and all freshly cooked food as this was a huge loss for Jak he couldn't get out to his favourite eating places
  • an outdoor area with space for sports and games and small footy goals and a music sensory area
  • eventually a quad bike area somewhere

Team Jak will also continue to strive to raise funds for Lymphoma research and also provide other gifts to cancer patients and their families in various forms.

My precious boy always put others first and we want to ensure Jak's Den is a place where people come and feel welcome and at home and for a little while feel special courtesy of my beautiful boy.

TSB have kindly organised the account details for you to donate directly and they are as follows-

87-68-94, 79784063.
Team Jak

Shine on beautiful boy"

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from Jak's facebook...

"A Celebration of Jak's short but amazing life will take place on Tuesday 10th February 2015 at 11am in Kirk O Calder, Mid Calder, then to St Drostans Cemetery, Markinch at 2pm.

Jak has requested people wear something Royal Blue and Rangers scarves.

All welcome"

from Jak's facebook...

"A Celebration of Jak's short but amazing life will take place on Tuesday 10th February 2015 at 11am in Kirk O Calder, Mid Calder, then to St Drostans Cemetery, Markinch at 2pm.

Jak has requested people wear something Royal Blue and Rangers scarves.

All welcome"

Now that sounds like some send-off to me. Well played, Jak! :pipe:

Really excited to honour my beautiful boy at the Jak Trueman Challenge Cup West Calder High School vs Mid Calder Colts 99's this Sunday at Livingston Stadium Almondvale 2 pm Kick off and you can pay at the gates. We Would love to see you all there:)

Sadly many of us will be at Ibrox at that time, so won't be able to make it.

But if you're not, and you're near the Livingston area, it's something to consider...

The Jak Trueman Challenge Cup

header_jak_trueman2.jpg

West Calder High School Charity Committee presents:

Teachers of West Calder High School (plus ‘Allstars’) V Mid Calder Colts (U16s)

Sunday 8th February 2015, 2pm K.O.

Livingston FC, Energy Assets Arena, Livingston

‘Allstar’ guests include: Neil Alexander (Hearts Goalkeeper), Mark Burchill (Livingston Head Coach), Darren Jamieson and Callum Fordyce (Livingston Players) Charlie Miller and Nacho Novo (ex Rangers), Frank McAvennie (ex Celtic)

Jak Trueman was a fourth year pupil at West Calder High School and the goalkeeper for Mid Calder Colts (U16s). In August 2014 Jak was diagnosed with Gammadelta T-Cell Lymphoma (a rare form of cancer). Since then Jak had been receiving an aggressive course of treatment in Edinburgh Royal Hospital for Sick Children. However, in January 2015, Jak and his family received the devastating news that his cancer had spread and that there would be no further treatment. Sadly Jak lost his battle on Monday 2nd February, 2015. One of his wishes was to continue to increase awareness of his illness and raise money to help others. He set up a JustGiving page (www.justgiving.com/AM-Barr/) for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research.

To support Jak and his wishes, West Calder High School Charity Committee has arranged for a charity football match to take place in Jak’s name at Livingston FC, Energy Assets Arena, Livingston and everyone is welcome. All proceeds will be donated to: Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research, CLIC Sargent and The Sick Kids Friends Foundation.

Tickets: £5 for adults, £3 for under 16s and under 5s go free.

You can pay at the gate.

‘There is only one Jak Trueman’

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20150205_1.php

332540-funeral-of-jak-trueman-from-mid-c

Rip young Jak. A brave young man who will be missed.

Tragic for him and his family but this picture sums up what the club means to us all. Even in death his last thought was about Rangers.

Fans may support other clubs but none come close to the depth of feeling and passion for their club as we do.

It boils my blood to think the last thing this young lad probably witnessed was that display at Hampden from a bunch of incompetent cowards who have no right to, and don't deserve to, wear our colours.

Young Jak did and I hope he's in a better place now.

Tragic for him and his family but this picture sums up what the club means to us all. Even in death his last thought was about Rangers.

Fans may support other clubs but none come close to the depth of feeling and passion for their club as we do.

It boils my blood to think the last thing this young lad probably witnessed was that display at Hampden from a bunch of incompetent cowards who have no right to, and don't deserve to, wear our colours.

That would make you cry, a young man who even in death showed his love for our club.

These are exactly my thoughts.

RIP Jak

Rest in Peace Jak

Be in no doubt wee man that your fellow bears will fight to bring a Rangers back that would have made note of someone like you passing.

A club that represents what you clearly felt in your heart.

When u keep goal for our absent friends up there? Throw it to Cooper mate. He'll do the rest.

Forever Young Jak.