The Newcastle 5

cushynumber

Shane Ferguson is a great free kick taker.......remember what that was like??

Add them to the squad for Sunday along with Gallacher and Murdoch and drop Foster,Black,Smith,Miller,McCulloch and Aird and bring Shiels,Temps and Clark into the equation too.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two out of the five will go straight into the team - Vuckic and Streete. The others will probably be in and around the side at some point this season..."

Eh, what's the point then?

Considering that we have games to make up and we need every point to catch Hearts, having quality depth will be crucial. Besides, after watching our midfield get destroyed on Sunday, I would not be surprised to see at two of those guys get solid minutes in the midfield.

Agree re the three wide defenders, but if you watch McGregor, he was ball-watching. Griffiths danced around him, from side to front to in behind where the space was and where he got the header in. McGregor never had a clue where he was.

I agree, that's what I said, he's got caught under the ball because he hasn't read the movement of Griffiths but if you watch it again Foster is tucked right in and shites it from the challenge. He fucken turns away from it.

Considering that we have games to make up and we need every point to catch Hearts, having quality depth will be crucial. Besides, after watching our midfield get destroyed on Sunday, I would not be surprised to see at two of those guys get solid minutes in the midfield.

If they can't get in ahead of Hutton, Law or Black, I wouldn't class them as quality :lol:

Hopefully he's wrong.

He's taken a position inside the box about 5 yards from the apex, Smith, Wallace and Black are 10 yards closer to the play than he is so I don't know what your point is?

He's got his back to the bal and isn't watching the game, l the first thing he knew about that cross was when it whipped over his head, if he was alert and watching the ball he could have closed down the guy who was going to cross it.

It may not have been his man but the quick throw in caught smith and black out if position.

and I'm certainly not defending that pairs contribution either.

He's got his back to the bal and isn't watching the game, l the first thing he knew about that cross was when it whipped over his head, if he was alert and watching the ball he could have closed down the guy who was going to cross it.

It may not have been his man but the quick throw in caught smith and black out if position.

and I'm certainly not defending that pairs contribution either.

Mate he's taken the position he's supposed to in that situation, having his back turned to the ball or not the throw is not to his area of the pitch. Smith, Wallace and Black are the ones out of position at that point.

I agree, that's what I said, he's got caught under the ball because he hasn't read the movement of Griffiths but if you watch it again Foster is tucked right in and shites it from the challenge. He fucken turns away from it.

Yes, Foster was guilty of ball watching too.

It's what I've often said about these players, they're average footballers who got lucky with an offer to play for us because of our predicament, under normal circumstances they'd never be near us. Playing in an OF game shows this up more than normal and no amount of coaching can make them think any quicker.

Two out of the five will go straight into the team - Vuckic and Streete. The others will probably be in and around the side at some point this season..."

the guy obviously hasn't seen us play or he would have said the five would all walk into side. We also need to know that our apprentice gardener has been told to pick the boys

That is a bit of blow to be honest. Bernard basically thinks 2 players will guarantee promotion. Does he know how bad we are?

I've been on to a few people regarding Streete all of which are Port Vale fans. All a bit vague really.

He was on loan but only played two games and then was recalled. Played ok but hard to say from two appearances. I know that Port Vale attempted to take him on a loan again but failed, perhaps due to him coming to the Gers?

He has been in the squad for a few league games at Newcastle but not featured.

Does this warrant walking into the side?

I've seen Ferguson play and was ok, just a bit lightweight.

Vuckic I've heard is good from another mate who seen him play for Rotheram

The rest?????

I have been hearing some rumours that the boys have had pay rises offered to Join us and that it will cost us around £1 million between now and the end of the season to have them.

sounds like a lot of shite to me personally but I was hoping any of you guys could shed come light on this.

I dont want to be negative here,but i seen Vukic playing once for Cardiff,he was subbed at half time!!I spoke to 2 mates today who follow Cardiff,one couldnt remember him at all,the other said,and i quote"he was one of those poncey players who wore gloves".I dont think he was overly impressed,said he played a handful of games and was sent packing.I really hope he is a player tho,we are desperate for talent right now.Ferguson seems ok,holds his own for Norn Iron,and it seems th CB was once a prospect,got to be better than Law,Black,McCulloch etc etc.

I've been on to a few people regarding Streete all of which are Port Vale fans. All a bit vague really.

He was on loan but only played two games and then was recalled. Played ok but hard to say from two appearances. I know that Port Vale attempted to take him on a loan again but failed, perhaps due to him coming to the Gers?

He has been in the squad for a few league games at Newcastle but not featured.

Does this warrant walking into the side?

I've seen Ferguson play and was ok, just a bit lightweight.

Vuckic I've heard is good from another mate who seen him play for Rotheram

The rest?????

Had a look on the Rotherham forum and put his name in their search box virtually no discussion on him at all apart from a thread about how the manager thinks he will be a good addition.

I have been hearing some rumours that the boys have had pay rises offered to Join us and that it will cost us around £1 million between now and the end of the season to have them.

sounds like a lot of shite to me personally but I was hoping any of you guys could shed come light on this.

that would equate to £200k a month or 10K per player per week. You could get a whole lot better than a Newcastle reserve for 10K a week if we were paying for them, which hasn't been confirmed or denied.

If it sounds like shite then its probably shite! Say they are on 2.5k a week (just a guess but only young blokes so might vary) and we have them for 17 weeks then thats only £212k. Could be more or less but these are not big money players and effectively we are making a gamble on trying to bolster our promotion hopes because failing will cost us a lot more than the cost of these guys!!

I agree it probably is shite and their wages won't be sky high but it is common practice these days to pay loan fees and that might be what takes it up.

as stated only rumours and most likely started by bheasts but if there is a kernel of truth I would like to know.

that would equate to £200k a month or 10K per player per week. You could get a whole lot better than a Newcastle reserve for 10K a week if we were paying for them, which hasn't been confirmed or denied.

Yeah I can't see it myself, but after what has went on with contracts and money over the last couple of years you can't blame me for being concerned lol