Is This Season A Write Off?

Frank Reynolds

I said in some threads yesterday that we have 3 games in hand, 2 matches still to play against Hearts etc, but some good points were made, mainly that it's points on the board that count, and we're not exactly great at converting games in hand to points...

So it seems that the league is fucked for us, and we should focus on the playoffs where I am still optimistic we can reach in second place, which leaves us with four legs to play

Today's performance fills me with dread at the prospect, our team is full of shitebag bottle crashers, who can't handle one fifth round Scottish Cup tie against Raith, where only pride is at stake, how the fuck are they going to cope over four legs when the future of the club could be at stake as a result?

They won't, is what I'm afraid of, and I think this is the mentality the players have.

They've had two managers resign in two months, their chances of winning the league are slim to none, and it's even out of their hands, as we'd need results to go in our favour to win it, we're not in any cup competitions anymore, and I just don't see that any of them give a fuck.

There is a boardroom forum, so I hope this doesn't descend into a DK/MA thread, but I seriously hope someone comes out and gives a contingent plan for us not going up next season, because it's looking more and more likely that we wont.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes in terms of catching Hearts. However we could quite easily regroup and build for the play-offs which I think we'd have a very good chance of winning if we weren't in complete disarray but that'd probably require new coaches which we have to wait for Ally and McDowall to fuck off or the EGM and pray the board are gone so sadly hinges on either scenario.

Honestly can't see us coming through the play-offs with McDowall in charge. We know there will be a new manager appointed at some stage (probably end of season?) but in the meantime I would put Miller in charge. He clearly cares about what is happening, unlike the guy with the clipboard.

Yes. The players know they're out on their arse come the summer and are only happy to fuck about and pick up their inflated wages.

Uncle Fester is dying to join his two fat pals sitting on their arses raping the club of a wage and it doesn't take Stevie Wonder to see he doesn't give two fucks and is only interested in his 12 months wages.

If there isn't major changes next month at the EGM I honestly fear the worst for the club. Today was a major warning sign that the majority of fans will chuck it if big changes aren't made.

Fucking depressing times.

We as in the fans do, it's the least we deserve.

The players however, have been a complete embarrassment, and they deserve fuck all.

Depends who you mean by 'we'. If it's the support then aye but the spineless cunts in the team and dugout? Never.

Obviously meant the team,if merits were dished out based on support we'd win everygame 12-0 :lol:

Honestly can't see us coming through the play-offs with McDowall in charge. We know there will be a new manager appointed at some stage (probably end of season?) but in the meantime I would put Miller in charge. He clearly cares about what is happening, unlike the guy with the clipboard.

I don't know what he was doing with the clipboard, he's already written his letter of notice. I'd absolutely put Miller in right now. We'll not make the play-offs under McDowell, a few players and obviously management have downed tools.

We've got the rest of the Newcastle lads to come in. Winning the playoffs depends on how much of an improvement they can bring.

I don't think all hope is lost, not at all.

At this rate i'm not even sure we'll get 2nd. I'd say we're considerably worse than Hibs.

Much worse, we're lucky they had the awful start to the season that they did (remember when we thought they were going to go down?)

Thing is, they got they're act together and sorted shit out, whereas we thought we were entitled to the league before a ball was kicked, and we're getting our balls kicked for it.

Why would it be a write off? Promotion, albeit via the playoffs, is hardly an impossibility. We'd need to finish 5th for that to happen and with a 6 point gap and 3 games in hand on 5th then I'm fairly comfortable we'll make the playoffs. Once we get there, there is absolutely no reason we can't go up. We're shite, but we have upped our game a few times to beat Premiership teams so we're not THAT shite.

We should have been concentrating on the league from the start. Unlike Hearts, we have wasted a lot of time and energy in cup-ties when they don't really matter. Now we have a mountain to climb but we have to give it a go and see if we can put Hearts under some pressure.

Reliance on the playoffs is fraught with danger for us.

Much worse, we're lucky they had the awful start to the season that they did (remember when we thought they were going to go down?)

Thing is, they got they're act together and sorted shit out, whereas we thought we were entitled to the league before a ball was kicked, and we're getting our balls kicked for it.

You could blame a whole list of people, but whoever kept on resigning McCoists 12-month contract has to be the main culprit.

I honestly thought McCoist was done for when we lost to Raith Rovers and ended up at the Karaoke machine. Just thinking about that makes me want to smash McCoist.