Youth Cup Final

Rangers: Kelly (GK), Pascazio, Sinnamon, Gasparotto, Halkett, Telfer, Stoney (Burrows 51'), Murdoch (Capt), Gallagher, Dykes (McKay, 51'), Ramsay (Roberts 73').

Unused subs: McMinn, Gibson.

Hearts: Millar (GK), Smith (Capt), Paterson, Gordon, McGhee, Beith, King (Buchanan 87'), Scott, Carrick, Oliver, Nicholson (McKirdy 112').

Unused subs: Mason (GK), Simpson, Ford.

The team that beat Hearts to win the 2014 youth cup final. Look at the Hearts team, the majority of them are now the Hears first team, a Hearts first team that's miles ahead of us.

We've already lost Telfer from that team who got fed up of not getting a chance and look at him now. How long before the other young lads get fed up and leave us. Who would you pick.. Kelly or Simonsen? Sinammon or Foster? Halkett or Jig? Telfer and Murdoch or Black and Hutton? Gallagher or Smith/Aird/Daly/Miller? etc etc. Loads of good young players who are really well thought of, just not by our management it seems. Like Hearts the majority of these players should now be forming our first team, especially when you look at the dross our 'senior players' have been serving up for seasons.

Never quite understood why he didn't utilise these guys in the last 8 or so games.

League was won.

I understand why he went with experience to win the league, but not to give youth a chance when league was over is inexcusable and has attributed to the malaise we currently see within the squad, a feeling of under appreciation amongst the youngsters and an "opprtunity lost" with the fans

Never quite understood why he didn't utilise these guys in the last 8 or so games.

League was won.

I understand why he went with experience to win the league, but not to give youth a chance when league was over is inexcusable and has attributed to the malaise we currently see within the squad, a feeling of under appreciation amongst the youngsters and an "opprtunity lost" with the fans

It was entirely down to McCoist's obsession with going the entire season unbeaten. Once the league was one he persisted with the same team instead of giving anyone else a chance. It's no wonder Telfer left.

Because our manager at the time choose to brown nose the players he brought in rather than give the young promosing players a chance....I mean when you do that when the league is already done and dusted then the games a bogey.

Hearts as much as they are horrible went about it in the right way and now are pumping us in the league and in head to heads.

Another cluster fuck that was McCoist's fault.

How little McCoist understood what really mattered. Does anyone give a toss about last years unbeaten league campaign? Yes, Ally McCoist and that's e only person who does. Mccoists signings and tactics showed complete incompetence at planning ahead and having short, medium and long term plans for his team and the club as a whole.

I think Telfer may still have left even if he got a chance because most of the time he'd be watching the ball go over his head as the defence hoof it up the park, then he'd have to try and win the ball back. He is a forwarded minded midfielder with creativity and that just doesn't go with the pish we play again another failing of mccoist to start afresh in division 3. Maybe he wanted to but he wasn't up to it and just reverted to type, I don't know, but one thing is for sure, as mentioned by everyone else, mccoist has damaged this club for the foreseeable future and it's going to take a lot to put it right again.

All this just fuckin' breaks your heart.

If anyone ever tells me that McCoist was anything other than a complete of a skin as a manager I will see they are sectioned. So much potential simply ignored. And for what? Most of last season was murder to watch yet we persisted with the same old same old.

I genuinely believe we as a support are now at a stage we'd cheer the u20s getting pumped before we'd cheer the current squad winning.

I have been wondering lately how the board can order the manager to play 5 on loan players if fit yet never intervened to say "play at least 2 youngsters per match".

Our youngsters are now 5 rungs further down the ladder and the board have engineered it.

Rangers: Kelly (GK), Pascazio, Sinnamon, Gasparotto, Halkett, Telfer, Stoney (Burrows 51'), Murdoch (Capt), Gallagher, Dykes (McKay, 51'), Ramsay (Roberts 73').

Unused subs: McMinn, Gibson.

Hearts: Millar (GK), Smith (Capt), Paterson, Gordon, McGhee, Beith, King (Buchanan 87'), Scott, Carrick, Oliver, Nicholson (McKirdy 112').

Unused subs: Mason (GK), Simpson, Ford.

The team that beat Hearts to win the 2014 youth cup final. Look at the Hearts team, the majority of them are now the Hears first team, a Hearts first team that's miles ahead of us.

We've already lost Telfer from that team who got fed up of not getting a chance and look at him now. How long before the other young lads get fed up and leave us. Who would you pick.. Kelly or Simonsen? Sinammon or Foster? Halkett or Jig? Telfer and Murdoch or Black and Hutton? Gallagher or Smith/Aird/Daly/Miller? etc etc. Loads of good young players who are really well thought of, just not by our management it seems. Like Hearts the majority of these players should now be forming our first team, especially when you look at the dross our 'senior players' have been serving up for seasons.

Imagine this alternative scenario.......

Alex Ferguson starts at Man United, and hears that the youth team are a bunch of flyers, but decides to carry on the tradition of a Man U manager, and opens the cheque book to try to buy success.

Gradually he buys a team in, but the youth players find they have no future at Old Trafford, and drift away to find opportunities at other clubs.

Man U would win a few titles, but their dominance would never materialise, and they remained in Liverpool's shadow.

Shame eh?

Our fucking shame.

Because that is what our management team have squandered! Maybe not to the level of talent of youth that Man U had, but we will never know.

I think this is why some suggest that another year in the championship would allow us to get our club in order and could maybe look towards youth. I'm not suggesting we aim for this as financially we can't survive without investment, though a hefty chunk of wages won't need to be paid with the dozen out of contract players hopefully leaving.

We may well end up being in this division as I just can't see us getting the better of Hibs in a play off scenario. the golden opportunity has come and gone however there may still be a chance at doing the right thing now. It would need to be 3/4 youth players at this level with the rest being more experienced but if we are to believe McDowall in saying all 5 loanees must play, then it means 8/9 of our first team are youth. When you think of who the 2/3 experienced players would be you struggle. For me it would be bell, Wallace and mcgregor or perhaps templeton.

Too many on Rangers boards merely say, 'if they had been any good they would have broken through'.

How could we ever have found out if they didn't get a chance?

It's been the same for many years. McCoist just followed tradition.

Why would any young player sign for Ramgers? Chronically stupid policy,

Too many on Rangers boards merely say, 'if they had been any good they would have broken through'.

How could we ever have found out if they didn't get a chance?

It's been the same for many years. McCoist just followed tradition.

Why would any young player sign for Ramgers? Chronically stupid policy,

Where do Ramgers play?

You know what another season in the championship with the same or similar types of players we've got at the moment is almost unthinkable for me (even another season in the spl probably would be too!), I really don't know if I could justify still going to watch every week. I think to myself just now I must be off my head, working all week, some weekends and spending my hard earned money to watch absolute rubbish from guys, like Ian Black for example, who'll still walk away with 9 or 10 grand a week or whatever he earns. Is that what I'm giving up my time and money for. However, I'd generally be excited to go and watch a team with lots of our youngsters in it, hopefully with a few decent quality more experienced players. I'd even take another season in the championship if it came to it and if it meant building for the future a squad full of guys on reasonable wages for what they are and a decent coach/manager who's going to bring the young guys on and give them a chance.

Many of us could see what Hearts were doing in the season they were relegated. Admittedly they had no choice but to play the kids. However they held their own in a lot of games and the experience they gained from it was invaluable. Any coach will tell you that kids at 17, 18 or 19 need to play a good percentage of first team games to stand a chance of making the grade. Yes some fell by the wayside but many of them didn't . And look at them now. By no means world beaters but they have bonded together as a unit. They are winning almost every week. They show no fear when playing us (mind you that's not exactly difficult these days). And most importantly they have a manager who believes in them and trusts them.

McCoist in my eyes has done as much if not more damage than previous owners and board members. He has utterly ruined the football side of things for years to come. He showed his true colours and proved he was nothing more than a bare faced liar when he played the same team after winning the league.

Telfer did the right thing by getting out as he could see right through that charlatan.

League was won.

To be honest mate, it is not only just about the last 8 games, when the league was won. Winning that league was never in doubt, and even then by Christmas we had such a healthy lead that it was beyond comprehension we could throw it away. Fact is you could have taken the best 7-8 players from the U20s, and even just rotated so that 2-3 would constantly be involved in the first team for 3-5 games at a time throughout the season. They would all get much needed exposure to the first team while also still playing a significant amount of game time in the reserves.

I honestly think McCoist has done more damage to our football club than any of the boardroom chancers!