40 Million Quid He's Cost Us

My belief I'd that there's no one thing which is going to blow the lid off what's went on at Ibrox but lots of smaller issues which have been the cause of many of the problems.

I have dug to try get to the bottom of it. However it's not as simple as guy 1 tells guy 2 everything that's going on. The only big thing I've had confirmed by a number of different people is that a confidentiality agreement is the sticking point. Everything else, until confirmed by 2 or 3 others, is dodgy territory imo.

Ok.

So we are saying there has been NO MAJOR CATASTROPHIC FAILURE BY THE BOARD? Other than the need to get rid of McCoist three years earlier. And even at that we do know that at least some board members actually wanted to punt him but were thwarted because of numpties taking offence at the work "paki" etc that was taken totally out of context.

So what Ally IS apparently saying is that there have been a string of minor or trivial mistakes made by board members that have led us to where we are and these apparently are much worse than his own footballing screwups? Is that it?

So applying a business perspective, lets categorize the possible mistakes:

Cost

Brand Reputation

Will need to think about it but I cannot see any possibility of these smaller mistakes adding up to anything like what McCoist has done. Will keep on analysing tho

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I'm led to believe he did so within 48 hours of resigning. The board refused and still insisted he agreed to a confidentiality clause. They are quite happy for him to sit it out.

Do you have any proof that McCoist wants to terminate his contract with immediate effect but can't do so?

Ok.

So we are saying there has been NO MAJOR CATASTROPHIC FAILURE BY THE BOARD? Other than the need to get rid of McCoist three years earlier. And even at that we do know that at least some board members actually wanted to punt him but were thwarted because of numpties taking offence at the work "paki" etc that was taken totally out of context.

So what Ally IS apparently saying is that there have been a string of minor or trivial mistakes made by board members that have led us to where we are and these apparently are much worse than his own footballing screwups? Is that it?

So applying a business perspective, lets categorize the possible mistakes:

Cost

Brand Reputation

Will need to think about it but I cannot see any possibility of these smaller mistakes adding up to anything like what McCoist has done. Will keep on analysing tho

So given the above does anyone know just what exactly Sons of Struth is whinging about?

Do you have any proof that McCoist wants to terminate his contract with immediate effect but can't do so?

Good question.

And equally, given the very public and irrefutable failings of McCoist and ur statement that the board never screwed up in any single major way, do u (theDude) really feel that comfortable trying to frighten off a biliionaire (4th richest in uk) that is funding 5 players for us and wants to buy into us?

Really? On the basis of hearsay and rumour?

Good question.

And equally, given the very public and irrefutable failings of McCoist and ur statement that the board never screwed up in any single major way, do u (theDude) really feel that comfortable trying to frighten off a biliionaire (4th richest in uk) that is funding 5 players for us and wants to buy into us?

You mean partly funded right?

Do you really think we are capable of frightening off MA? :lol: Rangers supporters are an irrelevance to him.

Good question.

as long as said billionaire is putting in place contracts not in tje clubs best interests and his involvement puts us at odds with the rules of the competitions in which we play then yes. I'm wholly comfortable. What's even better is none of it is based on hearsay or rumour. The Mccoist stuff has played no part in my disdain for the bus brothers, Somers, Llambias and Ashley

You mean partly funded right?

Do you really think we are capable of frightening off MA? :lol: Rangers supporters are an irrelevance to him.

Ah Albear

Whether or not MA CAN be frightened off is beside the point. The point is that we have some guy who has arranged an effin boycott that is apparently denying the club revenue due to a campaign against the board that have apparently made no major screwups other than not sack our previous manager three years ago. We do know that some of them wanted to however.

"Rangers supporters are an irrelevance to him"???

Why do you need to be loved by everyone? I dont care what MA thinks of me as long as he is helping us back to the top.

Sign of a loveless childhood perhaps

I am sorry but everyone has the right to view others as they see fit.

I dont care what MA thinks of me as long as he is helping us back to the top.

as long as said billionaire is putting in place contracts not in tje clubs best interests and his involvement puts us at odds with the rules of the competitions in which we play then yes. I'm wholly comfortable. What's even better is none of it is based on hearsay or rumour. The Mccoist stuff has played no part in my disdain for the bus brothers, Somers, Llambias and Ashley

Cmon now Dude. Lets talk specifics here.

I assume you are talking merchandising contracts? Or McCoists contract? If the former is what u are basing your anger on, can you tell us all:

re merchandising

What is the total projected profit of said contract (not revenue or cost).

Of that profit, what is the split between us and Ashley?

Can I just point out that RANGERS EXISTING puts us at odds with the arseholes that run our game. In a democracy, you cannot stop individuals buying shares in a company. The issue is not one for the SFA to worry about. THEY are creating a problem where none exists. The issue is one for UEFA and they have procedures to cover such things.

So pray tell us specifically what easdales ,somers, Llambias and Ashley have done that is so bad, given that you yourself have admitted that there has not been one MAJOR MISTAKE\ISSUE that was the boards fault.

Something specific must be pissing u off about them so pray tell.

So giving u the benefit of the doubt, why is McCoist not donating all that money he is being forced to take to rangers first?? That is the proof of the pudding.

I have no idea what McCoist has done with a single penny of his wages. He very well may have donated it to one of the fan ownership vehicles. He may have privately bought shares, he may even have given every penny to SCIAF. Personally, I neither know nor care.

I have no idea what McCoist has done with a single penny of his wages. He very well may have donated it to one of the fan ownership vehicles. He may have privately bought shares, he may even have given every penny to SCIAF. Personally, I neither know nor care.

Well imagine the shot in the arm it would have given rangers first if he had and the plaudits he would have got. So we can safely say he is not doing that I think. I think u should care. This is money that is hurting YOUR club after all AND u are a journalist.

So the evidence is strong re greed if you follow the money?

Well imagine the shot in the arm it would have given rangers first if he had and the plaudits he would have got. So we can safely say he is not doing that I think. I think u should care. This is money that is hurting YOUR club after all AND u are a journalist.

So the evidence is strong re greed if you follow the money?

The money is hurting the club? Why then we were looking to spunk 200k on a meeting which will last minutes?

Why did we spend several million pounds on a car park and derelict building?

Why did the executives sign off of every deal?

Look mate we are all bears and I hate disagreeing with any one of you. But with 20 yrs business experience and an MBA I have a fairly strong view on our situation especially wrt the board. When you take (all of OUR) blue tinted specs off and analyse it purely from a business perspective, it all comes down to this:

1. For each role in the club, manager , finance director or otherwise, what are they tasked with?

2. Are they paid in line with the industry rate for what they are expected to do\deliver?

3. Are they having to take any personal risks?

4. Have they successfully delivered what they were tasked with given their recompense and tools at their disclosure?

Answer these for ally.

Answer these for each of the board members you are calling charlatans, then lets talk.

Fuckin MBA. That old "I'm qualified" chestnut. lolz

Normal business practices have not applied at Rangers in recent years, but you know that. You'll also know that no business would suffer the apparent catastrophic failure of one of its senior employees, primarily one who's actions can have such an influence on the performance of the business. With your MBA, you'll also know that any business that allows such under-performance to continue without properly dealing with it isn't really a well run business at all, and is doomed to fail.

You'll also know, with your MBA, that a business that's sets itself up to service lucrative contracts for their supply chain (in companies fellow board members also have interest in) in the hope they can generate enough income in the primary company to continue to service said contracts isn't acting in the best interests of the club. Like many of us, it's obvious Rangers are set up primarily as a vehicle to provide income streams to other businesses.

And back to Ally...his salary and its value have absolutely no bearing on why we're in this financial mess, but with your MBA, you'll know that responsibility falls back to the board, regardless of what they're objectives, remuneration or whether it's "market rate". The buck stops there.

Look mate we are all bears and I hate disagreeing with any one of you. But with 20 yrs business experience and an MBA I have a fairly strong view on our situation especially wrt the board. When you take (all of OUR) blue tinted specs off and analyse it purely from a business perspective, it all comes down to this:

1. For each role in the club, manager , finance director or otherwise, what are they tasked with?

2. Are they paid in line with the industry rate for what they are expected to do\deliver?

3. Are they having to take any personal risks?

4. Have they successfully delivered what they were tasked with given their recompense and tools at their disclosure?

Answer these for ally.

Answer these for each of the board members you are calling charlatans, then lets talk.

Normal business practices have not applied at Rangers in recent years, but you know that. You'll also know that no business would suffer the apparent catastrophic failure of one of its senior employees, primarily one who's actions can have such an influence on the performance of the business. With your MBA, you'll also know that any business that allows such under-performance to continue without properly dealing with it isn't really a well run business at all, and is doomed to fail.

You'll also know, with your MBA, that a business that's sets itself up to service lucrative contracts for their supply chain (in companies fellow board members also have interest in) in the hope they can generate enough income in the primary company to continue to service said contracts isn't acting in the best interests of the club. Like many of us, it's obvious Rangers are set up primarily as a vehicle to provide income streams to other businesses.

And back to Ally...his salary and its value have absolutely no bearing on why we're in this financial mess, but with your MBA, you'll know that responsibility falls back to the board, regardless of what they're objectives, remuneration or whether it's "market rate". The buck stops there.

The money is hurting the club? Why then we were looking to spunk 200k on a meeting which will last minutes?

Why did we spend several million pounds on a car park and derelict building?

Why did the executives sign off of every deal?

Are you talking about Albion car park or what? Derelict building - Edmiston House? I assume that the board have a strategy that requires a car park and a building. It should rightfully so remain commercial in confidence until it suits them to divulge.

What happened to them? Have they been stolen or are they still on our Balance Sheet?

As for signing off every deal?

McCoist would have had a budget. It was HIS responsibility to manage within that. IF we got promoted this year, NONE of this would be an issue. Extra funding would have been forthcoming I am sure.

So if McCoist did not appear in the dressing room other than once a fortnight, did not manage the playing budget, did not develop competitive football strategy, tactics and everything and left that to mcdowall, did not develop an efficient training regime, just what WAS he meant to be doing as a football manager???

Ah. You obviously have no experience in business my friend. Or else you would know that any business will also try to provide what its customers want. If they believe a particular client facing employee is so liked by the customers that sacking him would lose customers (season tickets) then there is every chance that any business will leave that person in place while it looks like that incompetent may actually achive the aims set for him. If we had been at the front door baying for McCoists blood earlier then they would have got rid of. I say again, some of the board did want shot of.

So, cmon then lets have the specific of the profit and loss of these lucrative contracts. You obviously know of them in detail.

Oh and the failures salary is very relevant to our mess. It betrays an atmosphere where HE offered players more than they were initially looking for.

Are u saying Green was correct when he wanted to sack him???? Remember the outcry?

Ah Albear

Whether or not MA CAN be frightened off is beside the point. The point is that we have some guy who has arranged an effin boycott that is apparently denying the club revenue due to a campaign against the board that have apparently made no major screwups other than not sack our previous manager three years ago. We do know that some of them wanted to however.

"Rangers supporters are an irrelevance to him"???

Why do you need to be loved by everyone? I dont care what MA thinks of me as long as he is helping us back to the top.

Sign of a loveless childhood perhaps

I am sorry but everyone has the right to view others as they see fit.

I dont care what MA thinks of me as long as he is helping us back to the top.

Ah crazy bob swollenbaws

So it isn't the football that turned people away?

No major screw ups? You don't think gifting 2 board seats and 75% of our retail, along with possibly 75% of our sponsorship in 2 seasons time, to a man for loans is a fuck up?

Ah crazy bob swollenbaws

So it isn't the football that turned people away?

No major screw ups? You don't think gifting 2 board seats and 75% of our retail, along with possibly 75% of our sponsorship in 2 seasons time, to a man for loans is a fuck up?

It is the Dude that said that the word from Ally is that the Board have made no major screwups. In other words McCoist has no dynamite that the board needs a confidentially agreement to protect them.

So, now, Your point about board seats, retail and etc.

MA tried to buy roughly 30% of our shares. He is funding a large part of five players for us we desperately need. How much is King etc funding?

What are the exact details of the merchandizing contracts? Are you saying that they get 75% of the profit? If you can give us the breakdown of the total profiut and loss and the arrangements around it we can discuss. If u cant then it is hearsay.

It is the Dude that said that the word from Ally is that the Board have made no major screwups. In other words McCoist has no dynamite that the board needs a confidentially agreement to protect them.

MA tried to buy roughly 30% of our shares. He is funding a large part of five players for us we desperately need. How much is King etc funding?

What are the exact details of the merchandizing contracts? Are you saying that they get 75% of the profit? If you can give us the breakdown of the total profiut and loss and the arrangements around it we can discuss. If u cant then it is hearsay.

So now you believe McCoist?

No, he didn't try. The Rangers board asked if he could increase his holding to 29.9%, so he wouldn't have to bid for majority control. They were refused.

http://m.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/mobile/news/detail/12227853.html

It was released by the board to the LSE :lol: it's not fucking hearsay :lol:

So now you believe McCoist?

No, he didn't try. The Rangers board asked if he could increase his holding to 29.9%, so he wouldn't have to bid for majority control. They were refused.

http://m.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/mobile/news/detail/12227853.html

It was released by the board to the LSE :lol: it's not fucking hearsay :lol:

Ahem no.

I asked for the split of the actual profit forecast between the two organizations not the visible statement of the loan deal. Without that and visibility of the other arrangements to get the who P and L you have limited view.

Ahem no.

I asked for the split of the actual profit forecast between the two organizations not the visible statement of the loan deal. Without that and visibility of the other arrangements to get the who P and L you have limited view.

So you have an issue with this boards honesty and transparency?

That's not actually what I said. I said there was no major incident (that I'd had confirmed by more than 1 person) that we were unaware of that McCoist was going to blow the lid off. Thats not to say that things which are already in the public domain don't constitute 'major'.

Are you expecting him to come put and tell us that Mike Ashley has our retail by the short and curlies.