40 Million Quid He's Cost Us

Limited pool.

Oh here we go again.

Answer the question my friend? Who gave Kyle, Sandaza, Cribari their bumper contracts.

Don't twist it - don't deflect from it. Who agreed to pay those contracts?

Once you've sussed that out then you have the man who spent (and I use spent liberally) the bulk of all the money.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally McCoist was a poor manager for Rangers, his record was terrible.

He held the club together at times but that doesn't disguise the fact he was a bad manager.

However, he is one of the greatest players ever to play for the club and whatever some might say about money, he loves Rangers.

To disrespect him because he wasn't good at his job is out of order.

Ally McCoist was a poor manager for Rangers, his record was terrible.

He held the club together at times but that doesn't disguise the fact he was a bad manager.

However, he is one of the greatest players ever to play for the club and whatever some might say about money, he loves Rangers.

To disrespect him because he wasn't good at his job is out of order.

While he takes money for sitting on his arse no one will respect him nor should they.

Answer the question my friend? Who gave Kyle, Sandaza, Cribari their bumper contracts.

Don't twist it - don't deflect from it. Who agreed to pay those contracts?

Once you've sussed that out then you have the man who spent (and I use spent liberally) the bulk of all the money.

Pretty sure CG sanctioned them. Should CG not have supported the signing requests of his manager?

Who wanted these players and the likes of Kyle, Peralta, Foster...?

Even those I was pleased with at the time regressed.

Now tell me about this limited pool of players worldwide and how he was restricted?

Don't deflect from it.

Pretty sure CG sanctioned them. Should CG not have supported the signing requests of his manager?

Now tell me about this limited pool of players worldwide and how he was restricted?

Don't deflect from it.

No you're deflecting from the OP my friend. I'm not arguing ally's a pish manager but thanks for agreeing who blew the loot

That's what this thread is about.

So there you have it. It was Chico Green. No surprise really!!

No you're deflecting from the OP my friend. I'm not arguing ally's a pish manager but thanks for agreeing who blew the loot

Green if still here would have dumped Ally.

"Ally McCoist and his "vision" for the club at the start of division 3 has cost us 40million quid at best

First team wages, bonuses, management wages, lost income through shite football, lost cup prize money, lost tv revenue for early cup exits, lost revenue from matchday income, and most likely lost revenue from promotion to the SPFL top division"

The above quote is what this thread is about.

Your posts are about who sanctioned signings and signed contracts.

You are choosing to deflect from who WANTED these players signed. But you know that.

So there you have that. (tu)

Some of us came over from Ulster for that shite last night. Some of us haven't had a pay rise in years, struggling to pay the mortgage bills etc. Some of us will be lucky to have a job in a months time. Some of us were laid off and will be lucky to get another job. I'm on my way home, I'm dreading trying to explain how I spent a big whack of my wages going over for that last nighnight to the other half. That's 3 pairs of shoes for my kids. That's my mates dole money for two weeks. Can you help me out with an excuse, Ally?

I feel your pain mate ,I have been travelling over since 71 and I do not know when I will be back. McCoist has went from hero to shitebag amongst the many Rangers fans I know here in Ulster, he is nothing more than a sponging fucker.

Don't deflect from it.

Pretty much limited to free transfers, I believe we have paid money for one player in three years.

Pretty much limited to free transfers, I believe we have paid money for one player in three years.

In a country where paying fees is pretty much non existent I accept this.

But the world is a very big place to look for primarily free transfers, we by and large followed the policy of signing costly ex Rangers / ex spfl players.

And this has proved costly in so many ways.

In a country where paying fees is pretty much non existent I accept this.

But the world is a very big place to look for primarily free transfers, we by and large followed the policy of signing costly ex Rangers / ex spfl players.

And this has proved costly in so many ways.

And then limited by the decision from above to not have a scouting department.

All this talk about Coisty not giving the young players a chance and building a team for the future? Then some forget that the first chance the board got they sold our best young player for a fraction of his true worth.

Coisty also did not sign 4 injured reserve players at one time the board did, nor did he take the club from one financial crisis to the next for 3 years running. He's also not responsible for the revolving door changes in the boardroom or ridiculous commercial contracts that will still be hurting the club in 5 years time

Comes a time when you the haters need to wake up the club is a shambles from top to bottom and that's not all because Ally signed a some mediocre players.

Really does not matter who Rangers get as manager till this board are driven out as the only priority they have is to make sure MA makes more money from the club.

A question for you:

If the team had been playing decent football and we had got a result against the dark side, would we be in the same state?

People like you need a reality check.

McCoist played Green very well at the outset. Green didn't want to keep McCoist but he couldn't afford to get shot of him as McCoist's popularity with the fans was at a high due to the "We don't do walking away" stuff etc. McCoist knew that, got his salary kept, his cheap shares and his job. Green knew that he had to keep the fans on board and thus Ally. When it became totally apparent that Ally was utterly useless there was no money to pay McCoist off. The Club still hasn't got the money.

Without defending the board at all, Macleod, who was actually offered an improved contract, chose to go to Brentford for more money. The club had the chance to rebuild from the bottom with youth but McCoist put paid to that. He has ruined the good players who came in and he signed has-beens and rejects.

The 5 loan players cost us nothing. The 2 who have played so far look better than our own.

Our boardroom problems are inexcusable but the real guilt lies with the oldco board who appointed McCoist and his team on ridiculous contracts and without having previous managerial experience. Guilt also rests with McCoist himself.

And then limited by the decision from above to not have a scouting department.

Managed to bring in a Honduran.

And managed to miss out on players we played against who went on to bigger and better things.

Is it a limitation or an excuse? Given there hadn't been a scouting department should there not be an expectation that the manager, his assistants, and other coaches fulfil this role and get up and down the country identifying the potential. Rather than just look at Panini sticker books from previous spl seasons.

McCoist is an arrogant, greedy, incompetent, devious man. These are not insults, they are truthful comment. He has caused the club more damage than anyone in the useless boards to date since admin. Every season we have regressed further. How he can claim to be a Rangers man is utterly beyond me.

(tu)

While he takes money for sitting on his arse no one will respect him nor should they.

I'll ask the question no one is willing to answer. How do you propose Mccoist gets out of his contract when the current board will not come to any form of agreement with him unless there is a confidentiality agreement?

Post admin the only player we have spent any fee on is Templeton. When these costly SPL players were signed many on here were in agreement. The likes of Law, Sandaza and Templeton were all lauded as great moves when signed. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Yawn, seriously people move on!

Raith was terrible last week, but another drubbing by them junkie leith bastards was enough for me and my father to decide that's its for us for the rest of the season now.

Freezing cold two weeks on the bounce, long drive home and that shit on the park has decided things for us!

We come up from Annan and Dumfries, as much as we can depending on work, family etc, we're not boycotters and hate the empty stadium thing. But enoughs enough and let me tell you it has fuck all to do with Ally mccoist.

His team/signings "argument" just doesn't cut it anymore, them players can decide whether to turn up or not!.

It's that mob of players that people should directing there anger towards, fans ought to try getting into that dressing room first then the boardroom!

For people who say Allys time is past, stop bringing him up and move on, then to go on about Green and others is laughable. They are all complicit in the position we are in now, including the pre admin board and manager.

So if you want to have a go at the boards of the past and Green then sorry, but Ally is fair game too. The results of all their faults and flaws can be seen on the park every week and all are to blame.

I think what sticks in most peoples throats is the fact Ally was seen as one of us. Then he refused to accept he was crap and walk away, to sit at home coining it in, I know I felt betrayed by him and that he had taken us for a ride. If you want to play the 'Rangers Legend' card you have to live up to the title.

Who was in charge of negotiating contracts?

Who created a business plan for us?

McCoist has some responsibility, without a doubt, but he is not as accountable as the OP suggests. Then, this type of thread is expected from said OP.

By kevin kyles account ally was participating in the negotiations

But even if green and co sanctioned the signings, what shitebag manager needed a team of pros and ex international players for 2 years against part timers and amateurs

Ally chose

stevie smith over andrew Robertson

Kyle hutton over scott allan

Ian black or nicky law over charlie telfer

The board didnt pick his targets, ally did, we released andy little and signed kris boyd, probably costing more wages for less of a return

Kenny miller resigning has been an abject failure, but he'll play every game he's fit over a young cheap striker that scored over 40 goals one year for qots