Older Bears: Sir Alex Ferguson

GOAT

I remember being at the old Brockville the game before the Ibrox disaster game and he was with Falkirk. It was 1-0 to them and he came over to take a corner and some one shouted he was a has been and he just turned and shouted back Falkirk 1 Rangers fu*k all.

Crowd went beserk Funny now I look back on it.

We rested players since we were playing Celtic the next day and ended up losing to Falkirk 3-1. Ferguson got first goal and a certain Andy Roxburgh the second. Our goal was a consolation by Conn about 2 minutes from the end.

My first European game was cologne, Ferguson scored a hat trick, tbh like a lot of strikers they can't score in big games and start to miss sitters, that's what happened to him.

Did Ferguson not score 2 goals and Henderson was the other scorer.

I remember being at the old Brockville the game before the Ibrox disaster game and he was with Falkirk. It was 1-0 to them and he came over to take a corner and some one shouted he was a has been and he just turned and shouted back Falkirk 1 Rangers fu*k all.

Crowd went beserk Funny now I look back on it.

Haha :D

He spent two years at Ibrox and I've just found out he scored 44 goals in 57 games for us, that's a great record if I'm being honest.

Why did it not work out for him?

I suggest you read "Managing My Life: My Autobiography" well By Alex Ferguson, a damm fine book, focuses a lot on early stuff.

Happened to Jim Forrest and George McLean as well after the Berwick Rangers game and we had no strikers for the ECWC final against Bayern in 1967 as a result of that stupid policy.

Letting Forrest go was the biggest fuck up the board of that time ever made.

Everyone can have an off day but they were looking for a scapegoat and that decision cost us a European Trophy.

Don't remember bottles and cans, I was in the north enclosure, remember thousands of Rangers fans leaving by the side track between main stand and rangers end.

I'm pretty sure it was at half time. We were just kids and were right at the front. was pretty scary!

Im sure order was 'restored' but it may have happened again, and thats when they all started leaving at the side.

He spent two years at Ibrox and I've just found out he scored 44 goals in 57 games for us, that's a great record if I'm being honest.

Why did it not work out for him?

Colin Stein was a younger and better player than SAF - but, SAF wrote in his first autobiography that he was booted out of Rangers because his wife is a catholic - nothing further from the truth - Colin Stein was always a better player.

Colin Stein was a younger and better player than SAF - but, SAF wrote in his first autobiography that he was booted out of Rangers because his wife is a catholic - nothing further from the truth - Colin Stein was always a better player.

Where did he say that? I know he has issues with a couple of people (Willie Allison has been mentioned) who were at Ibrox at the time but I've never read or heard him say that was the reason, quite the opposite in fact.

sir Alex Ferguson indeed had a good record and was a big favourite with the support , mainly because he was a trier, he was the only Rangers player I can remember who would get a cheer when he missed a sitter as he would roll his sleeves up further and get wired in harder! his last game was the 0-4 Scottish cup final, we lost Colin Stein through suspension for the controvertial red card against Clyde, a big loss, Fergie was red - carded in the final for head butting one of " them" and after later discussions between the two boards it was decided to release him, he ran a pub at the paisley road toll for a while, he was a decent friendly man completely different from his outwardly perception.

No he didn't.

This was the version I heard and he later came out and apologised for it.

I seem to remember Stein scored hat tricks playing along side Fergie in his first 2 games and a double against Clyde before being sent off for retaliation.

Big colin got kicked four times, right in front of the wee enclosure under the full view of the ref before he retaliated. Ref should have blown for a foul against the clyde player

Fergie was a decent player but a bit like Jimmy Millar, not the most subtle player in the world.