Is The Team Fit?

Thermopylae

They are playing without confidence too which affects stamina.

You don't feel tired when you are playing well.

Has to be down to slack management, poor or no man-management and fitness coaching.

Although the older players (most of the squad) should be self-driven to be as fit or fitter than the youngsters.

A bit of competition in training is good for pushing the lazy ones on.

Nope.

We have known this for a while though.

The guys on RTV always point out the opposition look fitter when covering our games.

At a full time football club that's just not acceptable but it looks like Ally and Kenny let them do whatever they wanted tbh.

Mates' culture again.

That was OK when we were playing 60 top tier matches with world class players who were battlers.

We haven't had anything like that squad by a light year, never mind a mile.

I think Walter should take Ally's slipshod, lazy, uprofessional "management" as a giant public slap in the face.

If we had the standards to get 2008 UEFA Cup Final with the limited squad we had then, then Ally should have learned enough about fitness, formation and tactics to get this squad out of this league.

You could argue that he earned a crack at this season, but he had to go after Tynecastle and bringing Mohsni back for it.

His failure to act to rectify training, tactics and selection meant he had to go. He reminds me of an indulgent, over-protective mother letting the kids away with murder.

The previous board failed themselves to notice or remedy this in time, an left us in limbo on a downslide. Their response was to sell our best player and give us 4 injured players and one decent on loan. I wonder if we're helping Newcastle out with wages, leaving "Rainy Day" bemoaning our woes.

McCall should be able to get better in 10 games to build some momentum for the play-offs.

The new fitness coach seems to have let us down big time.

Defo but player power is also probably a by factor which was the case for PLG. I would imagine the big baldy doesn't want to rock the boat which might put is earner up in the air.

I still think that professional footballers should be professional athletes and they shouldn't be drinking during the season but that's another debate I think we've had already.

Physical fitness shouldn't even come into it when we're up against part-time, bottom-of-the-league Livingston.

I'd like to think that, on a good day, our players, two weeks deep into July, could chuck Livingston about at their peak.

I anticipated some sort of change in our play following McCall's arrival; nothing spectacular, but something.

After ten minutes, once the atmosphere had settled down, normal service resumed. Nothing was deliberate or intentional.

There's definitely something that hasn't been right.

Whether it's been management, fitness or just plain lazyness. Who knows.

McCoist never even had the players in 5 days a week and according to some we weren't even training longer than 10 hours a week. All while raking in £800k a year.

Laziness is putting it lightly. Disgusting how far our standards have fallen under his half arsed attempt at management and he should never be allowed to forget the state he's left us in (while still getting paid a fortune too).

McCoist never even had the players in 5 days a week and according to some we weren't even training longer than 10 hours a week. All while raking in £800k a year.

Laziness is putting it lightly. Disgusting how far our standards have fallen under his half arsed attempt at management and he should never be allowed to forget the state he's left us in (while still getting paid a fortune too).

I know what you're saying but I'm not one of the ones who will continue to hold a grudge against McCoist for his mismanagement.

At the end of the day, the guy tried his best. Unfortunately, his best wasn't good enough.

Not really much more to it than that as far as I'm concerned. We move on.

I know what you're saying but I'm not one of the ones who will continue to hold a grudge against McCoist for his mismanagement.

At the end of the day, the guy tried his best. Unfortunately, his best wasn't good enough.

Not really much more to it than that as far as I'm concerned. We move on.

Totaly disagree with this!

Fitness is a fucking basic!

If it was just tactics/team selaction then aye.

But letting the players be less fit than part-timers is unforgiveable.

As is taking money for nothing.

The week befor e SM took over would have went something like this.

Saturday - Played Cowdenbeath (use the term played lightly)

Sunday - Day off having played the day previous.

Monday - Training of some description.

Tuesday - Played QOTS (See above)

Wednesday - Day off having played the night previous.

Thursday - Regular day off.

Friday - Training and preperation for Saturdays game.

That's 2 days of training out of 7.

It's no wonder we look the unfittest team in the division.

The week befor e SM took over would have went something like this.

Saturday - Played Cowdenbeath (use the term played lightly)

Sunday - Day off having played the day previous.

Monday - Training of some description.

Tuesday - Played QOTS (See above)

Wednesday - Day off having played the night previous.

Thursday - Regular day off.

Friday - Training and preperation for Saturdays game.

That's 2 days of training out of 7.

It's no wonder we look the unfittest team in the division.

Tbf, the players are usually in the day after a game, they do some recovery work. Not too sure how much tactics or training goes in after the recovery, none would be my bet, but they're in often enough, IMO, to implement a better style and fitness than we have, it's just we don't actually work on anything, I think that'll change under Stu.

I'd be more than happy for them to continue having Thursday's off, but they need to work double and triple sessions when they are in. nothing major, just simple shape work for an extra hour a day, followed by looking at the last Alloa/Hibs/Hearts or whoevers game.