Our Tactics Under Mccall

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are right Dude this early in tenure ,then that's an out an out disgrace .All 3 have to go .They are 3 of the worst if not thee worst

IIRC Boyd is on a similar deal to McGregor in that if he was available for over 50% of games he would get an automatic one year renewal.

I thought we played some good football tonight.

It was good to see us maintaining possession for periods of time by stringing passes together without losing the ball.

It looks like Stuart McCall is slowly eliminating the long ball punt as we are starting to play the ball out from defense even though at times the crowd started to get a bit impatient at the resulting lack of progress up field.

Our big problem is that we are not scoring goals relative to the number of chances we are creating and although Boydie won his fair share of balls in the air he has totally lost his scoring touch.

Dean Shiels was like a breath of fresh air compared to Hutton's recent efforts in midfield, his determination and ball distribution on tonight's performance should surely guarantee a start against Hibs.

Young Murdoch looked good playing in front of the defense and Tommy Walsh had another sterling performance.

I thought we should have had a foul just before they were given the one that resulted in their first goal which from where I was sitting looked like an own goal by Zaliukas.

Nicky Law put in a reasonable performance tonight but his lack of challenge in a fifty/fifty situation allowed them to break down the right resulting in their equalizing goal.

He's not been in the job a week and people are already sentencing him to damnation. Fickle doesn't cut it.

He's given players the chance to prove him wrong. He's also bled Walsh and Murdoch into the starting eleven. We also keep the ball on the ground a lot more and when it's hoofed long to nobody when there's a pass on you can see, and hear, him going ape shit.

How many training sessions have there been? How many games has he managed? Give the man a fucking chance to get in the door.

For the record, that was another fucking disgrace tonight, and I don't think we'll go up. However I'm sure McCall will make a difference, which can only bode well to next season.

Nicky Law put in a reasonable performance tonight but his lack of challenge in a fifty/fifty situation allowed them to break down the right resulting in their equalizing goal.

Agree: law really doenst like challenging for the ball and its hurting the team

I know time isn't on our hands but i'd rather give him a couple of weeks (and a couple more training sessions) before I make my mind up.

The football was slightly better and he has played some of the players that were permanently on the bench for too long.

Bring in Sinnamon, Gallagher and Halkett.

McCall struggled at Motherwell the only time there were real issues (partially caused by budget cuts but also his poor signings).

He walked as he didn't feel he could turn it around. Why on earth would we decide that he was therefore the man to turn us around? Makes no sense.

He jumped from one sinking ship he couldn't save to another. Completely wrong appointment, even in a short term in our circumstances. Should have been an old head to steady the ship.

Also to add. I spoke with a Motherwell season ticket holder from work about McCall. Despite being very complimentary about what he achieved he did say that he made some really bizarre decisions around selection/tactics, had his favourites despite poor form and bottled almost every big match they played in.

I'm not convinced by him one little bit.

He's not been in the job a week and people are already sentencing him to damnation. Fickle doesn't cut it.

He's given players the chance to prove him wrong. He's also bled Walsh and Murdoch into the starting eleven. We also keep the ball on the ground a lot more and when it's hoofed long to nobody when there's a pass on you can see, and hear, him going ape shit.

How many training sessions have there been? How many games has he managed? Give the man a fucking chance to get in the door.

For the record, that was another fucking disgrace tonight, and I don't think we'll go up. However I'm sure McCall will make a difference, which can only bode well to next season.

Fair point mate but surely a blind man was going to make a difference to the tactical genius of our Ally

More than harsh. In fact your opinion is tragic, where you at the games ? Have you seen the improvement in tempo and play? As results aside there clearly has been an improvement and results will come of that I have no doubt.

Was there Saturday and swerved last night, what's yer point? The game on Saturday was utter shite, even the wine I rattled beforehand failed to change my opinion. An improvement in tempo and play ? Aye, nae bother!,

If you watch McCall, you will see him trying to force the players back to the positions he wants them to play, but then they drift back to where they want to play.

He is forever telling them to stay wide and also blasts them when they revert to long balls, so he his trying to change them.

He will be dragged down to the players level shortly, I know they are sucking the enthusiasm out of me.

When I seen the same back four as Saturday my heart sunk.

McCall was brave going to a back 3,when zaluskas had to go off And we got the lead - perhaps reverting to a back four once we were in the lead would have prevented the draw but all McCall has had is 5-6 days, where he has had 2 games to play, and there are improvements to be seen. He will have us ticking in time to WIN the playoffs.

On one hand he needs time. On the other hand he/ we don't have time.

But if the expectation is that he will turn this squad around in a few games then that is unrealistic. One of the factors that I find highly questionable is the fitness levels of supposedly key players- that is not going to alter drastically in a few days.

However he has to make some brave decisions and be prepared to lose a game or two to move forward- however arguably of he does that he has already failed in his primary aim to gain promotion- this is now a no win situation for McCall and us as a support. The thought of not going up is dreadful, however the thought of keeping on as we are is hardly going to fill the stadium. The only people that can genuinely make a change in such a short time are the players themselves.

He can experiment all he wants with players and systems and we as fans will have to deal with it even if it ends in draws and defeats, however come the play offs he must have the team ready to take us back to the top flight. It's then over to the money men to do what is required.

He's been watching us all season, every man and his dog can see McCulloch is the main problem with our play - he's been given two more chances and he's shown that he's not a captain or a defender and can't adapt his game. McCall has to change it. Unless he's unearhted a defensive partner that can play both cb positions and a midfield that can cover box to box against 8-9 opposition players!