Stuart Mccall

Smile

Does McCall deserve a transfer window  

478 members have voted

1. 1. Does McCall deserve a transfer window

Motherwell are a shite club, they're a bottom 6 club all day long the very fact McCall made them a top 6 club and the best of the rest for THREE straight seasons tells you all you need to know about how well he did, his Motherwell side played some decent football, scored a lot of goals and always tried to attack, they got pumped a good few times too but thats more down to the standard of player and the fact that despite how well they'd do, Motherwell and Fir Park would never have a fear factor, something both Rangers and Ibrox would have.

You're correct to highlight his record at Motherwell. He's far more qualified to manage Rangers than McInnes who is having a decent season at a much bigger club than Motherwell and spending a lot more than McCall ever did. I'm happy with McCall he has a track record not just flavour of the month.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He managed to setup our team to play in a way that didn't allow hibs to play at all. Just for doing that he has proven he is miles better than the previous two jokers.

Kenny or Ally would of got UA thumped yesterday, and I think for McCall to have got that team to win the game yesterday is a major plus for him, and hopefully we will see further results in the future from tactical changes.

not so much as giving him a window but i feel if he gets us up then he should get a chance in the top league (which i think would happen anyway)

said when he was appointed that i didnt think he was the man we were looking for to be back winning leagues and competing in europe and im sticking by that despite the performance in the Hibs game

id love for him to prove me wrong though

Its pointless him making changes to training etc if hes only here till the summer I think he will be given next season if he wants it.

Is he away with scotland this week?

No mate, he said in his first press conference he wouldn't be joining up this month, and if he becomes permanent then he'll wrap it altogether.

why on earth wouldn't we want to give him a chance. He was a great player for the club and is willing to give it a go in our current circumstances. He is also a really nice bloke having met him at Rangers and also bumped in to him at Motherwell. While I would have preferred things differently (i.e.: with Ally still in charge) I am ok with the current manager.

why on earth wouldn't we want to give him a chance. He was a great player for the club and is willing to give it a go in our current circumstances. He is also a really nice bloke having met him at Rangers and also bumped in to him at Motherwell. While I would have preferred things differently (i.e.: with Ally still in charge) I am ok with the current manager.

Do these things really matter? Ally was a former player and he was also the worst manager we've ever had. I couldn't care if our manager was an absoulte cunt as long as he got the job done. Brian Clough was suppose to be a bit of a dick but I'm guessing no one cared when Forest where winning things.

Stuart was a gritty player, and seems he is bringing that to the Ibrox dressing room, to which I am very thankful!

Will he get a full time deal, who knows? But he is certainly giving himself a very good chance.

McCall knows what it means to play for rangers, you have to roll you sleeves up and fight for it, no results are a given.

He has certainly galvanised out players in the last few games.

He gets us up, I think he deserves a years rolling contract and let's see what he can do

Fantastic call from the board appointing McCall, he has gave us a wee bit of hope...............

Stuart was a gritty player, and seems he is bringing that to the Ibrox dressing room, to which I am very thankful!

Will he get a full time deal, who knows? But he is certainly giving himself a very good chance.

McCall knows what it means to play for rangers, you have to roll you sleeves up and fight for it, no results are a given.

He has certainly galvanised out players in the last few games.

He gets us up, I think he deserves a years rolling contract and let's see what he can do

Fantastic call from the board appointing McCall, he has gave us a wee bit of hope...............

Well said sir, its refreshing to read logical posts and I honestly believe at 1-1 in our usual fashion of late it could have ended that way. It was not as much tactics than desire that made it 4-1 and for that the players deserve credit. Well done, this was the Rangers way. Not seen it for a while but it did bring back memories. Set pieces were threatening and that alone is progression. For the avoidance of doubt lets call him le-McCall as one of our own surely cant be a coach despite having the credentials as other have said.

No matter what.. Just wish is was sooner as promotion now can be basically a throw of thr dice!

Did McLeish turn into a Motherwell or Hibs Mk II when he took over from Advocaat?

Everyone has to start somewhere. McCoist has shown us that Rangers is no place for a managerial newbie.

No McCoist has shown us he is an unbelievably bad manager and no matter where he goes he will never succeed in that job he will be lucky to find another in management.

What he also managed to show us is that Rangers fans really struggle to let go of the past and move on.

No McCoist has shown us he is an unbelievably bad manager and no matter where he goes he will never succeed in that job he will be lucky to find another in management.

What he also managed to show us is that Rangers fans really struggle to let go of the past and move on.

Will be surprised if he even gets an offer, anyone reading about his training methods would not want him near their club.

Will be surprised if he even gets an offer, anyone reading about his training methods would not want him near their club.

If he does manage to get a job in management it will either be some wee diddy team in Scotland looking to create a bit of publicity or some team in England somewhere that hasn't done their homework properly and just went for the big name and looked at the two lower league titles we won as justification.

I think mc call certainly seems to have stopped the rot but not playing that much better in my opinion

A little more unity thee but that will come once you get a settled side which is what gas happening

Good test next week so jury out for me