Will 352 Work At Ibrox?

MacBoyd

It depends. You can adapt it and play the likes of Templeton at LWB with Wallace dropping into the 3 CB's. Or McGregor dropping into the 3 CB's with Walsh coming into at the RWB position.

There's only one really way to find out, but it definitely changed things the last time we played it at Ibrox.

It depends. You can adapt it and play the likes of Templeton at LWB with Wallace dropping into the 3 CB's. Or McGregor dropping into the 3 CB's with Walsh coming into at the RWB position.

There's only one really way to find out, but it definitely changed things the last time we played it at Ibrox.

I'm not too sure the likes of Templeton and Walsh would be capable of playing in the wing back positions. They are a little too forward thinking and wouldn't be able to do the defensive side of the game.

Wallace and McGregor were great going forward today, but we shouldn't underestimate the job that they did tracking back when we were defending. That's what you need in wing backs and I'm not sure Templeton and Walsh would provide that.

I'm not too sure the likes of Templeton and Walsh would be capable of playing in the wing back positions. They are a little too forward thinking and wouldn't be able to do the defensive side of the game.

Wallace and McGregor were great going forward today, but we shouldn't underestimate the job that they did tracking back when we were defending. That's what you need in wing backs and I'm not sure Templeton and Walsh would provide that.

I knew McGregor was capable of the defensive side of the role but I was pleasantly surprised with the attacking side of it. He played very well and showed he has some skill as well as strength. Before today I cried out for him to be played at CB rather than RB but he excelled in the WB position.

I knew McGregor was capable of the defensive side of the role but I was pleasantly surprised with the attacking side of it. He played very well and showed he has some skill as well as strength. Before today I cried out for him to be played at CB rather than RB but he excelled in the WB position.

Definitely. I was pleasantly surprised aswell.

Against mince sides it shouldn't be too much of an ask. I suppose you never know until you try, but McCall did have Walsh playing LWB for 20 minutes against Alloa.

We have to play 3 CBs from now on. They are clearly not good enough as just 2. And it's clear there is no backup. We've seen it more and more recently with Holland in the World Cup and Man Utd having a bash at it.

Works especially well against hibs as it completely shut out there midfield having 5 across there. Big thumbs up to McCall! Keep the formation and get it flawless for the playoffs.

Total game changer!

The key thing to note here is clearly mccall is capable of using different formations to give us the best chance of winning on the day. So I don't think 3-5-2 is necessarily what we'll now play every game.

Under McCoist it was the same formation every game probably because he hasn't got a clue, doesn't mean mccall will be the same.

Worked a treat today but do you think it will work at ibrox v diddy teams sitting in. The one main drawback is no wingers. Also where would Walsh fit in?

When was the last time a team came to Ibrox and sat in? Every team has felt like they could have a go at us, home and away, for years now.

Setting up as a cohesive unit, tough to beat and break down, is what we need to do to secure the play-off place.

It'll will work at ibrox it can be changed from a defensive 352 to an attacking one for example u could out mcgreger in the back 3 and play sinamon , Crawford or even templeton and put walsh in the midfield 3 instead of law if he's no performing could also play in behind the main striker

It'll will work at ibrox it can be changed from a defensive 352 to an attacking one for example u could out mcgreger in the back 3 and play sinamon , Crawford or even templeton and put walsh in the midfield 3 instead of law if he's no performing could also play in behind the main striker

Agree with this. Wouldn't mind seeing the 3-5-2 again but swap mcgregor with Moshni or mcculloch and play a more attacking RWB like templetons or Ferguson if we ever see him. Thought mcgregor did brilliant today and was my man of the match however against smaller teams I'd like to see us with a proper winger in that position.

I was under the impression that Walsh was more of a Centre Forward, plays behind the main striker.

352 can work but we'd need to be playing Wallace as our left-winger and find a consistency for right midfield.

I'd love to see Walsh played beside Wallace with licence to get forward down the wing.