Thanks Stuart

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat off Albion rovers and beat off McCoist, knocked out of every cup before it mattered, worse record than McCoist, fucked In Europe and fucked in the league, he's a failure. Tonight proved he doesn't have the mentality to be the Rangers manager.

You are absolutely clueless, how about ask a broad range of Motherwell fans their opinion of him when discussing how well he done and branding him a failure.

He finished best of the rest in all three full Seasons he was in charge, that is as good as itll ever get for Motherwell - like it or not no-one in Scottish Football is going to finiah higher than the tims except us, so to finish 3rd in 11-12 and 2nd in 12-13 & 13-14 was as good as winning the league, the bested everyone they realistically could.

He also managed to get Motherwell to a Scottish Cup Final in 2011 - only the 3rd time in their history they made it to the Scottish Cup Final

Failure? Don't talk pish

Beat off Albion rovers and beat off McCoist, knocked out of every cup before it mattered, worse record than McCoist, fucked In Europe and fucked in the league, he's a failure. Tonight proved he doesn't have the mentality to be the Rangers manager.

Before he lost all of his best players, he finished 2nd and 3rd above numerous teams with higher budgets. He wasn't knocked out of every cup before it mattered. He went to a Scottish Cup final.

He was put out of Europe by Panathinaikos, Levante and Kuban Krasnodar (who comfortably beat Feyenoord in the next round).

As for Albion Rovers, not many top division teams have avoided a bad result against a lower league team in the last 4 years.

After he lost his best players it went a bit tits up, but lets be fair about this.

He also helped coach Michael bloody Higdon into becoming the PFA Player of the Year, Michael Higdon FFS

Same jouneyman who toiled away at the likes of St Mirren and Falkirk and Crewe, McCall got a hold of him and hia game improved dramatically

Before he lost all of his best players, he finished 2nd and 3rd above numerous teams with higher budgets. He wasn't knocked out of every cup before it mattered. He went to a Scottish Cup final.

He was put out of Europe by Panathinaikos, Levante and Kuban Krasnodar (who comfortably beat Feyenoord in the next round).

As for Albion Rovers, not many top division teams have avoided a bad result against a lower league team in the last 4 years.

After he lost his best players it went a bit tits up, but lets be fair about this.

You have to remember Motherwell was not his first managers job, It didnt go well at Bradford either and that job ended very similar to the Motherwell one.

You're right. You know more than the Motherwell Director, he was a failure at Motherwell.

Well we all know better than folk who do similar jobs here. I guess you'll bow to their superior knowledge everytime?

Don't forget Stjarnan. Can't forget etting knocked out of a cup by part timers with a much smaller budget.

You are absolutely clueless, how about ask a broad range of Motherwell fans their opinion of him when discussing how well he done and branding him a failure.

He finished best of the rest in all three full Seasons he was in charge, that is as good as itll ever get for Motherwell - like it or not no-one in Scottish Football is going to finiah higher than the tims except us, so to finish 3rd in 11-12 and 2nd in 12-13 & 13-14 was as good as winning the league, the bested everyone they realistically could.

He also managed to get Motherwell to a Scottish Cup Final in 2011 - only the 3rd time in their history they made it to the Scottish Cup Final

Failure? Don't talk pish

He shed 20% of their average gate in a year.

He also helped coach Michael bloody Higdon into becoming the PFA Player of the Year, Michael Higdon FFS

Same jouneyman who toiled away at the likes of St Mirren and Falkirk and Crewe, McCall got a hold of him and hia game improved dramatically

Aye, 15 goals in a season at St. Mirren is toiling away right enough.

He shed 20% of their average gate in a year.

What year was that? Would that be 2012-13 when we weren't at Fir Park?

I'm not going to sit here and say Motherwell's crowds didn't bemuse me, they did, I dont really understand why they didn't pop more home fans, best of the rest, humped Celtic a few times, had a Player of the Year and their team saw a guy score more goals tha anyone else has in a season in about 40 years - if you can tell me what more McCall could have done then fire away

Well we all know better than folk who

Don't forget Stjarnan. Can't forget etting knocked out of a cup by part timers with a much smaller budget.

I didn't. That would be the tits up bit I mentioned after he lost many of his best players.

You have to remember Motherwell was not his first managers job, It didnt go well at Bradford either and that job ended very similar to the Motherwell one.

I do remember. It wasn't a million miles from the Motherwell situation, although without as much success.

Decent first season, struggling in the second after budget cuts and losing players.

Aye, 15 goals in a season at St. Mirren is toiling away right enough.

Steven Thompson managed that too, when the whole game plan revolved around that then if yoh stay fit you'll get a few chances, that other big diddy who used to play with them scored about the same amount toon Billy Memhet

If you think Higdon was anywhere near a PotY nomination at St Mirren you are tuned to the moon

One bad result and the guy is fed to the wolves :lol:

I didn't. That would be the tits up bit I mentioned after he lost many of his best players.

Well he might be lucky at Rangers we dont have many decent players for him to lose :D

One bad result on a plastic pitch and the merchants of doom are after his head.

Personally I would rather focus on the positives against hibs and hertz.

What year was that? Would that be 2012-13 when we weren't at Fir Park?

I'm not going to sit here and say Motherwell's crowds didn't bemuse me, they did, I dont really understand why they didn't pop more home fans, best of the rest, humped Celtic a few times, had a Player of the Year and their team saw a guy score more goals tha anyone else has in a season in about 40 years - if you can tell me what more McCall could have done then fire away

12/13 into 13/14. We weren't there either year.

He could've, by his own admission, done better in the cups. Done better in Europe, been less than 25 points behind Celtic.

12/13 into 13/14. We weren't there either year.

He could've, by his own admission, done better in the cups. Done better in Europe, been less than 25 points behind Celtic.

Doesn't change the fact that they were outstanding league results.

Steven Thompson managed that too, when the whole game plan revolved around that then if yoh stay fit you'll get a few chances, that other big diddy who used to play with them scored about the same amount toon Billy Memhet

If you think Higdon was anywhere near a PotY nomination at St Mirren you are tuned to the moon

I never said he was. Although let's not forget that the year he was PFA player of the year none of the nominees played for us or Celtic. If you think 15 goals a season is toiling away for a bottom half Premiership side then I think it may be you who's tuned to the moon.

Finishing best of the rest is outstanding now? They were closer to 8th than they were first.

Oh, come on. Yes, it is for Motherwell, with the budget they have. It definitely it is.

Finishing second is clearly the best they could have done. To come the best you could have done, above many teams with a higher budget is outstanding. Finishing third is excellent as well.

5, 7, 3, 10, 8, 6, 6, 12, 11, 8. Average 7.6.

The previous season finishes to 2000 apart from the changeover season between Brown and McCall. They include a season when they would normally have been relegated if not for stadium criteria.

2 then 3 is outstanding in that context. Average 2.5.

Oh, come on. Yes, it is for Motherwell, with the budget they have. It definitely it is.

Finishing second is clearly the best they could have done. To come the best you could have done, above many teams with a higher budget is outstanding. Finishing third is excellent as well.

The budget thing is pish. He had a squad full of internationals. Once he lost them he was found out and was gone before Xmas. What was St Johnstones budget? Inverness? Ross County? Infact of the top 6 sides Well likely had the 2nd biggest behind Celtic. Bigger than Hearts and St. Mirren too. And Killie. And probably Dundee. So that leaves Aberdeen & Hibs.

The budget thing is pish. He had a squad full of internationals. Once he lost them he was found out and was gone before Xmas. What was St Johnstones budget? Inverness? Ross County? Infact of the top 6 sides Well likely had the 2nd biggest behind Celtic. Bigger than Hearts and St. Mirren too. And Killie. And probably Dundee. So that leaves Aberdeen & Hibs.

The thing posted by Ben51 shows that Motherwell were paying less on average per player than only 4 teams.

Internationals? Like Ojamaa that received his first cap in the middle of McCall's first season. For Estonia. Randolph who got his first of 2 caps a few months after McCall took over. Stephen Craigan?!

The kinds of internationals that are lesser than some that are not internationals. Being an international does not make you better.

Anyway, given the positions I posted above, it's clear that those results are outstanding.

Spoke with my 'Well supporting mate last night not long after the game.

He again was talking about McCall's lack of a Plan B, should his initial tactics not work then he struggles to change it. He said he did have a good Plan A at Motherwell.

As for the budget they were paying, seems people were miles off. The budget was roughly around 8th/9th in the SPL, HOWEVER players contracts had a really heavy bonus payment if they got best of the rest, which according to him was almost all the money they made extra from finishing a few places lower down. Seems to me like building your house on sand!

He also mentioned that they never lost too many players last summer, notably Hutchinson at centre half and McFadden (who didn't perform last season). He just failed to use the money available to him and dished out stupid contracts to players who didn't deserve them. He also did not have 1 pre season match before they got papped out of the Europa League to some mob from Iceland. Players looked unfit and uninterested.

From an outsider to the Job he done with them it would look impressive but according to my mate, he chucked it well before he officialy did.

Not the man we need at Ibrox. Doesn't have the calibre to be a long standing Rangers manager.