Thanks Stuart

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight the players let us and McCall down again.

This squad is abysmally poor and that is not McCall' s fault.

Anyone who thinks another manager could have achieved any more in such a short time knows nothing about football.

McCall may or may not be the right man long term but he deserves a chance.

As for those who are slagging him off, have you forgotten what results McCoist and McDowell achieved with the same players?

Problem seems to be they train hard all week for games against Hibs & Hearts but this game they were probably expecting to just show up

billy big bawz players shown tonight they should be out the door in the summer, same poor attitude from this sorry bunch all season

Now we will see the difference between McCall and McCoist. McCoist would have consoled the players and treated them to a light session tomorrow but I fully expect McCall to go through that team in the dressing room and extra work tomorrow.

If we do not see a different approach on Sunday, then we can start considering McCall's ability.

Its shaping up to be quite a decision the Board will need to come to at the end of May. Its only a few weeks so not long to wait.

Promotion and I can see McCall being given an extended term as Manager since anyone leading that shambles of an expensively paid underperforming squad to promotion would have pulled the proverbial football rabbit out of the hat and deserve an extended contract for that feat alone.

No promotion and I find it hard to see a Board persisting with McCall if he cannot get a team to turn up at Dumfries and play a lot better than they did today. It indicates tactical weakness, weakness in motivation and weakness in making game changing substitutions. I will be very pleased to be proved very wrong but I still I think the more likely outcome is no promotion because we never know from one game to the next whether we get a win (never mind a good win) or a performance like today.

But whether the Board sticks or twists in deciding on a manager for next season if we are still in the Championship there is no guarantee that whoever they pick can deliver. Reason? The rebuilding required is massive. Utterly massive. Even for a top flight experienced manager it is utterly massive. And may therefore take a few years, Is a Board up for that sort of risk? As for the impact on the Support? Hard to say right now - but I've been to plenty of games at Ibrox in bad times when the crowds were low. And that was with Rangers men in charge on the Board too. Difficult decisions ahead for the Board.

Have to agree that Stuart McCall isn't the answer.

Let's all take a moment to remember why he left Motherwell: Because he couldn't turn them around, he was out of ideas, and he had given up.

And we're to think this guy's going to be able to handle the stress of the Rangers job?

Bin it.

Now we will see the difference between McCall and McCoist. McCoist would have consoled the players and treated them to a light session tomorrow but I fully expect McCall to go through that team in the dressing room and extra work tomorrow.

If we do not see a different approach on Sunday, then we can start considering McCall's ability.

No he won't. It'll be a recovery & massage session, some light weight work and maybe watch the game again. Then lunch and home.

Its shaping up to be quite a decision the Board will need to come to at the end of May. Its only a few weeks so not long to wait.

Promotion and I can see McCall being given an extended term as Manager since anyone leading that shambles of an expensively paid underperforming squad to promotion would have pulled the proverbial football rabbit out of the hat and deserve an extended contract for that feat alone.

No promotion and I find it hard to see a Board persisting with McCall if he cannot get a team to turn up at Dumfries and play a lot better than they did today. It indicates tactical weakness, weakness in motivation and weakness in making game changing substitutions. I will be very pleased to be proved very wrong but I still I think the more likely outcome is no promotion because we never know from one game to the next whether we get a win (never mind a good win) or a performance like today.

But whether the Board sticks or twists in deciding on a manager for next season if we are still in the Championship, there is no guarantee that whoever they pick can deliver. Reason? The rebuilding required is massive. Utterly massive. Even for a top flight experienced manager it is utterly massive. And may therefore take a few years, Is a Board up for that sort of risk? As for the impact on the Support? Hard to say right now - but I've been to plenty of games at Ibrox in bad times when the crowds were low. And that was with Rangers men in charge on the Board too. Difficult decisions ahead for the Board.

If we do not get promotion i can see the board sticking with McCall for the cheap option.

Going from outclassing hearts to getting outclassed by QOS in one week. I don't get it, bringing on hardie and Crawford. It's so frustrating watching us make fools of ourselves. I suggest Wallace takes a good look at himself

You make a good point it's how they react to tonight's game on Sunday that may tell you more about McCall as a manager than the wins against Hibs and Hearts.

We have clearly turned it around. We had plenty of chances before they scored and hit the bar a minute later. Our midfield got overrun by their 5 and as we pushed on we lost the 3rd, the 2nd an OG. Sometimes it doesn't go your way and that's the way it went tonight.

The team are more than capable as they have shown by going away to Hibs and beating Hearts playing with 10 men.

Going from outclassing hearts to getting outclassed by QOS in one week. I don't get it, bringing on hardie and Crawford. It's so frustrating watching us make fools of ourselves. I suggest Wallace takes a good look at himself

Outclassing an already promoted Hearts team!

Nope we got beat 2 nil that night, 3 nil tonight and only Boyd made the keeper make a save.

We've beat Hibs and Hearts in under a month with McCall whereas McCoist failed everytime in the league.

The keeper didn't have that to do the night Ally abandoned ship

We have clearly turned it around. We had plenty of chances before they scored and hit the bar a minute later. Our midfield got overrun by their 5 and as we pushed on we lost the 3rd, the 2nd an OG. Sometimes it doesn't go your way and that's the way it went tonight.

The team are more than capable as they have shown by going away to Hibs and beating Hearts playing with 10 men.

Wit :lol: We didnae have any chances and Miller hitting the bar was supposed to be a header back across the box which he miscued :lol: Only save i can remember their keeper having to make was from a Boyd header.

Wit :lol: We didnae have any chances and Miller hitting the bar was supposed to be a header back across the box which he miscued :lol: Only save i can remember their keeper having to make was from a Boyd header.

The keeper made enough saves to justify the commentators claiming he had a great game!

What saves did he have to make? This Vino im drinking is strong but not strong enough for all of a sudden to miss The Rangers playing well and creating chances :lol:

He put two chances over the bar and one past the post - for a start.

Listen, I ain't saying we played well and created chance after chance, I am telling you a fact - the commentators stated he had a great game and even my Missus asked how (whilst ironing) could that be after my constant shouting.