Thanks Stuart

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree that Stuart McCall isn't the answer.

Let's all take a moment to remember why he left Motherwell: Because he couldn't turn them around, he was out of ideas, and he had given up.

And we're to think this guy's going to be able to handle the stress of the Rangers job?

Bin it.

I'm not McCall's biggest fan, but that's just shite.

You going to say no to Eddie Howe because of Burnley? If you can't see that McCall did a great job at Motherwell then you're blind, it was more him taking them as far as he could, than 'giving up'.

If you think we're going to get a Manager who's never had a tough time in their career then you're in for a shock.

You going to say no to Eddie Howe because of Burnley? If you can't see that McCall did a great job at Motherwell then you're blind, it was more him taking them as far as he could, than 'giving up'.

If you think we're going to get a Manager who's never had a tough time in their career then you're in for a shock.

"Taking them as far as he could" - Nice way of saying "Ooty ideas, shat it, gave up".

Even said in an interview with BT Sport before the Hearts game, that meeting Motherwell in a play-off final would be a nightmare for him; That would be a nightmare for him, but he was confident ahead of Queen of the South.

Nah. Doesn't have the stones for the Rangers job.

Chances are if McCall did not give up at Motherwell hed of took them down as they were that bad and sitting bottom of the table, The guy that took over seems to be doing pretty good job and has gave them a chance of staying up.

"Taking them as far as he could" - Nice way of saying "Ooty ideas, shat it, gave up".

Even said in an interview with BT Sport before the Hearts game, that meeting Motherwell in a play-off final would be a nightmare for him; That would be a nightmare for him, but he was confident ahead of Queen of the South.

Nah. Doesn't have the stones for the Rangers job.

You talk mince! :lol:

Just ignore everything else I said, too.

Of course it'd be a nightmare because he enjoyed his time at Motherwell, fucksake.

Chances are if McCall did not give up at Motherwell hed of took them down as they were that bad and sitting bottom of the table, The guy that took over seems to be doing pretty good job and has gave them a chance of staying up.

Only because they were able to bring in Scott McDonald and Stephen Pearson!

Only because they were able to bring in Scott McDonald and Stephen Pearson!

Pearson has done nothing for them; Watched them a few times in the last few weeks (cause of the play off thing) and he's been invisible for them. So they brought in what an old striker and suddenly boom team transformed, new manager's a god, smash St. Mirren 5-0 hallelujah?

Don't buy it. Motherwell were pish under McCall, he couldn't change it, he gave up, New Manager with new ideas came in, freshened them up, now they're having a no bad time of it all.

McCall could change us aye, but for what, a maximum of 4 years? And then when he runs out of ideas, and shites it, then what?

Could actually be less than 4 years, because the pressure got to him at Motherwell eventually; Think of the pressure on him here (if he does indeed get the job and we go up) playing against Celtic at a sold out Ibrox, or a sold out Parkdead? He'd crumble like the proverbial wall.

Pearson has done nothing for them; Watched them a few times in the last few weeks (cause of the play off thing) and he's been invisible for them. So they brought in what an old striker and suddenly boom team transformed, new manager's a god, smash St. Mirren 5-0 hallelujah?

Don't buy it. Motherwell were pish under McCall, he couldn't change it, he gave up, New Manager with new ideas came in, freshened them up, now they're having a no bad time of it all.

McCall could change us aye, but for what, a maximum of 4 years? And then when he runs out of ideas, and shites it, then what?

Could actually be less than 4 years, because the pressure got to him at Motherwell eventually; Think of the pressure on him here (if he does indeed get the job and we go up) playing against Celtic at a sold out Ibrox, or a sold out Parkdead? He'd crumble like the proverbial wall.

What are you actually talking about?

Are you purposely ignoring how well he did at Motherwell apart from his last couple of months? Their director said his tenure was 'one of most successful in their 128 year existence'. They made it to a Cup Final, finished 3rd 2nd & 2nd, while all being on a shoestring budget.

So he finally ran out of steam with them. They're sitting in the exact same fucking position as when he left them. :lol:

Stop acting like he was shite at Motherwell. I'm hardly his biggest fan but your argument is horrific.

Lol fuck off you always have been an attention seeking roaster.

1 game and he should be given the boot aye? Like I said, fuck off, in your world there would never be a successfull manager in history of football as all would be binned after a defeat, but as I said, its not your world, cos your just an attention seeking wee fud

Until today, McCall has undoubtedly been doing well. Jumping down his throat at the first opportunity is not helpful.

Of the games he has not won, the first draw he was only in a couple of days, the second was a game we looked far better and dominated and contrived somehow to draw. Then we won 3 games, including against Hearts and Hibs.

For me today is the first real dip in a road that his until now been on a clear upward curve. So I would be very reluctant to make any negative conclusions yet.

Is McCall our man who knows?

But picture this if you were in that famous blue top who would you fear most in a rager Walter or stuart!

Old men in suites win leagues and trophys, not tracksuit pals!

I like the guy really I do, but was never, an automatic choice for me granted he's inherited some shite! But most out of that shite is on 10k a week,+ and trains on astro turf day in day out?

We're poor people really we are its time to end the luv in, and get angry with these 11 Jesters at this point I'd take another year in Dummy one! Just to try bag another league title?

We're Scotland's biggest club for fuck sake!

Are you purposely ignoring how well he did at Motherwell apart from his last couple of months? Their director said his tenure was 'one of most successful in their 128 year existence'. They made it to a Cup Final, finished 3rd 2nd & 2nd, while all being on a shoestring budget.

So he finally ran out of steam with them. They're sitting in the exact same fucking position as when he left them. :lol:

Stop acting like he was shite at Motherwell. I'm hardly his biggest fan but your argument is horrific.

This shoestring budget is disingenuous. They had several full internationals, including a former celtic & Scotland captain (McManus), the one time wunderkind of Scottish football (McFadden), A former man city and faroese keeper (Gunnar Nielsen), an Irish international keeper (Randolph), two jamaican internationals (Humphrey & Daley), two estonian internationals (Ojamaa & Anier) and a couple of Scotland internationals (Hammell & Saunders). So it's not quite the dearth of talent the 'shoe string budget' suggests.

Is McCall our man who knows?

But picture this if you were in that famous blue top who would you fear most in a rager Walter or stuart!

Old men in suites win leagues and trophys, not tracksuit pals!

I like the guy really I do, but was never, an automatic choice for me granted he's inherited some shite! But most out of that shite is on 10k a week,+ and trains on astro turf day in day out?

We're poor people really we are its time to end the luv in, and get angry with these 11 Jesters at this point I'd take another year in Dummy one! Just to try bag another league title?

We're Scotland's biggest club for fuck sake!

Temple massages are good.

This shoestring budget is disingenuous. They had several full internationals, including a former celtic & Scotland captain (McManus), the one time wunderkind of Scottish football (McFadden), A former man city and faroese keeper (Gunnar Nielsen), an Irish international keeper (Randolph), two jamaican internationals (Humphrey & Daley), two estonian internationals (Ojamaa & Anier) and a couple of Scotland internationals (Hammell & Saunders). So it's not quite the dearth of talent the 'shoe string budget' suggests.

In 2012 when they finished 3rd, only St Mirren, St Johnstone, ICT & Hamilton had lower wages. Shoestring might by slightly OTT, but it's a shit budget.

There's your source.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/datablog/2012/may/03/football-barcelona-madrid-wages#data

One result doesn't prove whether he is the answer or not.

Let's wait and see what happens in the play-offs.

Correct.

I thought people were getting a bit carried away when wanting SMcC to be given the job after just 3 wins , and likewise now , with some not wanting to give him it , after one defeat.

Let's wait till the end of the season , when we can make a more reasonable assessment over 15 or so games and how he deals with the pressures of the play offs.

Personally , I think he'll see us through promotion in the end , but right now is not the time for judgement .

Correct.

I thought people were getting a bit carried away when wanting SMcC to be given the job after just 3 wins , and likewise now , with some not wanting to give him it , after one defeat.

Let's wait till the end of the season , when we can make a more reasonable assessment over 15 or so games and how he deals with the pressures of the play offs.

Personally , I think he'll see us through promotion in the end , but right now is not the time for judgement .

(tu)

If he gets promotion, give him another year. If he doesn't, bring someone else in.

There is no point in people saying he is or isn't the right man for the job right now. The only thing this season will be remembered for is whether or not we get promotion. So that's what I'll be judging him on.

I didn't expect him to go unbeaten from his first game until the playoffs. Realistically, there was always going to be a few setbacks. It's how we respond that matters.

Beat off Albion rovers and beat off McCoist, knocked out of every cup before it mattered, worse record than McCoist, fucked In Europe and fucked in the league, he's a failure. Tonight proved he doesn't have the mentality to be the Rangers manager.

Beat off Albion rovers and beat off McCoist, knocked out of every cup before it mattered, worse record than McCoist, fucked In Europe and fucked in the league, he's a failure. Tonight proved he doesn't have the mentality to be the Rangers manager.

You're right. You know more than the Motherwell Director, he was a failure at Motherwell.