do we have £10m for new transfers yes or no

i live in london so dont read the papers in scotland a lot but what i do read is we are claimed to have 10m for new transfers but is this true as we seem to be trying to get any one we are linked with on the cheap or losing out all together

i live in london so dont read the papers in scotland a lot but what i do read is we are claimed to have 10m for new transfers but is this true as we seem to be trying to get any one we are linked with on the cheap or losing out all together

£10m ? I would very much doubt it london. In the days of old, yes, but not now. If we can get the young French guy and Cuerro, I would be first of all surprised we got both, but I doubt if WS has enough to spend.

Could just be they're playing it smart this time. Everytime Rangers come out and say they're interested in someone other teams (mostly Celtic) come along and challenge transfer and jack the price up.

Nah, with the accounts more stable now you can expect an annual spend of transfers in the region of 4-5million a year maximum.

Might get more this year to spend as £1.5m is gone from the wages of Klos and £1m from Prso, but you'd have to then account for the addition of new players onto the wage bill...

I was wondering about this, this morning when I got up and it is possible...

If there is still money kicking around from the initial 18 Million up front payment from the JJB deal, plus natural income expectation of ticket sales etc, the players released from their wages then it is possible, because we are also forgetting that Rangers are due another 3 million minimum from the JJB licence agreement.

Who cares, regardless of who we sign i have the belief that we are strong enough as it is to challenge the unwashed, but a couple of signings to strengthen depth and add a wee bit down the wings an i'll be delighted

Bring on title number 52 poss even a double or treble, as we have nothing to fear from the unwashed

Walter has brought back the spirit and the fight so will everyone relax and what will be will be

I know we're no McCOOOOllochs biggest fans right but would everyone be happy with.

BEASLEY,GOW,DARCHEVILLE,BROADFOOT,MCCULLOCH,CUELLAR,WEBSTER,NAISMITH,FAUBERT...with sionko,sebo,svensson,novo and papac leaving

I know we're no McCOOOOllochs biggest fans right but would everyone be happy with.

BEASLEY,GOW,DARCHEVILLE,BROADFOOT,MCCULLOCH,CUELLAR,WEBSTER,NAISMITH,FAUBERT...with sionko,sebo,svensson,novo and papac leaving

I would be very happy with that and im happy with the inclusion of mculloch, just not happy at the price for him.

Yes , yes i would

Looks like my thoughts are starting to look bang on the money. I never thought Rangers would be shopping in the "biscuit tin". Scott Brown is NOT a £4m player, and is a gamble at that price as he will be hit or miss and would affect his sell on clause and we could lose serious money out of him. Scott McDonald is nothing more than a squad player and would be a waste splashing any money on him. We are better off without both of them !

My thoughts were Mr Murray would splash the cash on the right players. Damarcus Beasley is a top drawer signing. Quality, proven player, and the small fee we paid for him will pay off itself, especially selling shirts in the USA as he is one of USA's best players. Julien Faubert at £5m is a good piece of business. Another player who has the style to look world class in Scottish football and perform in Europe at a high level, when he's ready to move to the Premiership we'll get double £5m for him. Remember Boumsong ? Cuellar is the same, we'll get great years out of him hopefully and a big sell on clause. That's how we must approach the transfer market now, cautiously and sensibly.

We already have brought in quality bosmans like Darcheville, Gow, Broadfoot etc.

If we get the rumoured signings then it could be exciting times ahead at Ibrox, and hopefully the Championship will return home where it belongs.

Plus, with such attacking players we might actually be entertaining to watch !!!!!!!!

Looks like my thoughts are starting to look bang on the money. I never thought Rangers would be shopping in the "biscuit tin". Scott Brown is NOT a £4m player, and is a gamble at that price as he will be hit or miss and would affect his sell on clause and we could lose serious money out of him. Scott McDonald is nothing more than a squad player and would be a waste splashing any money on him. We are better off without both of them !

My thoughts were Mr Murray would splash the cash on the right players. Damarcus Beasley is a top drawer signing. Quality, proven player, and the small fee we paid for him will pay off itself, especially selling shirts in the USA as he is one of USA's best players. Julien Faubert at £5m is a good piece of business. Another player who has the style to look world class in Scottish football and perform in Europe at a high level, when he's ready to move to the Premiership we'll get double £5m for him. Remember Boumsong ? Cuellar is the same, we'll get great years out of him hopefully and a big sell on clause. That's how we must approach the transfer market now, cautiously and sensibly.

We already have brought in quality bosmans like Darcheville, Gow, Broadfoot etc.

If we get the rumoured signings then it could be exciting times ahead at Ibrox, and hopefully the Championship will return home where it belongs.

Plus, with such attacking players we might actually be entertaining to watch !!!!!!!!

(tu) Completley agree Scott, what a post

Some fair points - but lets not count our chickens just yet - Cuellar, McCulloch,Naismith & Faubert have yet to put pen to paper

Be optimistic by all means, but do it with caution

I'm a bit more upbeat about it now.

Cuellar,Naismith,McCulloch and Faubert are all desperate to come here as was Smith,Darcheville,Gow,Beasley and Broadfoot so really we can't argue wi that.

Brown and Donatti were not desperate to sign for them but money talks so with our players their heart is in it to play for Rangers where with Brown especially i doubt his heart was in it .Donatti could be another Di Canio,great when winning and a moaner,liability and headcase when losing.