The Hypocrisy Of These Chancers Is Incredible. Playoffs Cash

quinty

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32319194

Hibernian, Hearts and Motherwell have put forward a proposal to cut the amount of cash distributed to clubs who are not part of the Scottish Professional Football League play-offs.

Current rules state that clubs outwith the play offs get a share of 50% of money generated through gate receipts.

All 42 SPFL clubs will now vote next week on a proposal to cut that percentage to 25%.

The difference in cash distributed could be as much as £500,000.

The rules governing the play-offs were agreed by clubs, including Hibs, Hearts and Motherwell, when the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League merged to form the SPFL two years ago.

Hibernian have made a last-ditch attempt to ensure they keep a greater share of gate receipts from their forthcoming play-off matches.

The six games set to be played in May are estimated to potentially raise around £1m from ticket sales, if Hibs face Rangers before earning the right to take on the club which finishes 11th in the Premiership.

SPFL rules however state that home clubs must pay a 50% "levy" of those monies to the league, payable within seven days of a play-off match.

League sources have told STV that Hibs want to push through a late change to the rules which would see it cut to 25% with immediate effect.

An ordinary resolution will be put to the vote at a meeting of 42 clubs on Thursday, April 23.

To pass, Hibernian require approval from nine Premiership clubs, eight Championship sides and at least 15 clubs from League One and Two.

Play-off funding

Money raised from the play-offs at present goes back into the SPFL's central pot, which is distributed proportionally to its 42 clubs based on their final league position in any given season.

Gate receipts from the tournament in the future, however, are likely to contribute considerably towards parachute payments in place for Premiership clubs who are relegated via the play-offs.

Hibernian received £500,000 after losing to Hamilton Academical last season and, should they fail to win promotion this term, stand to receive a further £250,000 next year.

Parachute payments are being funded by the Scottish FA until the end of this season.

No future payment agreement is in place with the governing body, leaving the burden to fund the competition from next season with the SPFL.

Why, if they're successful we'll get more money too. What's ridiculous is that it's distributed with the others in the first place

The Hypocrisy is that these fuckers want to keep the cash that will be generated from playing Rangers, the money from supporters of the club that they insist doesn't exist.

The Hypocrisy is that these fuckers want to keep the cash that will be generated from playing Rangers, the money from supporters of the club that they insist doesn't exist.

Not the way I see it. As I said we will get more if they are successful.

There is an element of hypocrisy in that they most probably voted in favour of the cash distribution in the first place.

They all voted for this because they thought "Hee, hee, let's make money of Rangers even whilst we aren't playing them." When they all ended up getting themselves in the shit then it's a case of "Oh no, this isn't fair!"

They tried to fuck us over. They never considered it could come back to haunt them and that they could fuck themselves over. Can you image what they'd all be saying if WE had suggested this?

Quinty is spot on. It stinks to high heavens. Self preservation of the highest order. Doesn't matter if it helps us, they'd never change the rule if we had suggested it.

They all voted for this because they thought "Hee, hee, let's make money of Rangers even whilst we aren't playing them." When they all ended up getting themselves in the shit then it's a case of "Oh no, this isn't fair!"

They tried to fuck us over. They never considered it could come back to haunt them and that they could fuck themselves over. Can you image what they'd all be saying if WE had suggested this?

Quinty is spot on. It stinks to high heavens. Self preservation of the highest order. Doesn't matter if it helps us, they'd never change the rule if we had suggested it.

I'm not sure why this rule was brought in, but I would be surprised if it was to try and get money from us as people wouldn't have expected us to be in the play off.

I'm not sure why this rule was brought in, but I would be surprised if it was to try and get money from us as people wouldn't have expected us to be in the play off.

Reasonable point. The rule was part of the sop to get the League changes through, the deal which made sure we were getting next to hee-haw from the telly figures, etc. They all agreed on the splitting of the money as in theory if a "big" team was in the play offs it would spread the money out. But because there is now a few of the scavengers in the shite they want to change the rules. I was unclear, but that was my point - they want to change rules they were party to making, rules which made sure they all made out of us (TV deals).

Think I read somewhere it's 50% of gate receipts before costs. So, in real terms the club's cut will be significantly less than 50%. Scandalous. Can't see this going through - why would they pass up on free cash - although I obviously hope it does. Don't know if Rangers were asked to support this - if so the board have done the right thing staying out of it. Don't give the fuckers the satisfaction.

Shower of two timing crooks and hypocrites, now we are back in the main frame they want to milk us again, yet previously they wanted us destroyed, hoping they would gain.

Another reason we should never, ever forgive or forget those clubs who treated us so badly.